Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Did you fill up when you would not have normally done so ?

You may select 1 option

View results

POLL !! Be honest now who bought petrol ?

Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:42 am

In a panic buy when you would not of filled up yet ? Be honest now

Re: POLL !! Be honest now who bought petrol ?

Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:50 am

I havent yet but as I am less than half full, because a panic has started if I see a petrol station with no Que., I will fill up.

Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:59 am

Forever Blue wrote:I havent yet but as I am less than half full, because a panic has started if I see a petrol station with no Que., I will fill up.

same here :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:30 am

Couldn't even if I wanted to as there's no fuel in the Llynfi valley already because of panic buyers.... :cry:

Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:02 am

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/lond ... 94476.html

This Country :roll:

Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:37 am

Filled up in Newport on Monday as I wouldn't have made it home from Bristol otherwise. I don't normally max the tank but I was aware that something might happen as I was taking a Japanese tour party around the UK last time this happened in 2000 and trying to get fuel then was a total nightmare. I suspect, I'll keep it full now whenever the opportunity arises for a couple of weeks until we know whats going to happen.

Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:17 pm

I had half a tank and on government advice I topped up to a full tank. Normally I would wait for the light and then fill up.

Call me sad I don't give a f**k but if I don't go to work I don't get paid!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:02 pm

I will need to get some tomorrow morning i an now on a third of a tank. I will normally wait till im on the light then fill to the brim. But i also need to get to work as i have to get to Bristol and back 6 times till next Friday. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:51 pm

I panicked and filled up because of the queues. Looking at the poll I think there's a few bullsh*tters and pedestrians on here lmao

Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:54 pm

Our petrol station took £50k extra yesterday than normal Thursday, ridiculous :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:03 pm

i filled up,working in bristol,so thought i had to,i guess you didnt nukes having a plutonium fuelled vehicle.... :D :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:07 pm

Tesco petrol station in Talbot Green, was nuts today, you couldn't get into the store because of the all the traffic waiting for petrol/diesel :o

Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:08 pm

“The unions would have to give seven days notice of any strike so there is no need to queue to buy petrol.”

Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:55 pm

No mate, but I need to fill in the morning :D :D ...........get to BP garage for about 6am and hopefully there's no fuckin Idiots panic buying then :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:22 pm

Marc wrote:No mate, but I need to fill in the morning :D :D ...........get to BP garage for about 6am and hopefully there's no fuckin Idiots panic buying then :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

No just some stupid tw*t in a green and white lorry skidding sideways on the forecourt :lol: :lol: :lol: And krab my Car runs on Enriched Uranium :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:22 pm

just put 50sqid in.thats 2wks worth for me.need my van for work.

Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:28 pm

i went in to put £10 in this morning and the queue was f*cking huge, 1 pump 12 deep and i could get out, so I asked what was happening and the village idiot (dai hunts twin) while spitting cheese sandwich through my window saif there was a petrol strike :roll:
first I heard of it, so I PANICKED :lol: ;)
thought if im sitting here blocked in for half hour I may aswell fill the b*stard thing up! then I took ages buying my dinner in the shop, and walked out with a big smile as the traffic filed off down the main road :lol:

Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:35 pm

Did need diesel but all sold out, I need it as I drive for a living, car is showing I have around 100 miles of fuel left which I will use up tomorrow, then I need it to get to the game Saturday, people are such idiots.

Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:38 pm

I was going to fill up as I'm running on close to empty, but then I saw the queuing on my way home from work and drove straight past. There was no way on a nice sunny evening I was going to waste half an hour of my life queuing in that! I will either try filling up tomorrow at some point or if not, wake up early Saturday, as I have to wake up early for the game anyway.

Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:57 pm

AberdareCCFC1966 wrote:Did need diesel but all sold out, I need it as I drive for a living, car is showing I have around 100 miles of fuel left which I will use up tomorrow, then I need it to get to the game Saturday, people are such idiots.

There's a train from Aberdare to Grangetown every half hour from 7.22am and it'll cost you £7 return. No driving, no parking and you can have a pint :D

Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:05 pm

I have mate....but I would have been buggered if I didnt....had to go from Haydock to Teesside...to Warrington...and back home....would have still been in the North west if I hadnt ;)

Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:08 pm

http://www.proquip.com.au/ProductPages/ ... iners.html

Have you got yours ;) This Country :roll:

Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:12 pm

I am going to get some now, can't stand queuing and am almost in the red and will travelling on the weekend, so have to get petrol any way...

But if I wasn't going away this weekend I would fill up when I hit red as I do every other time...

Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:00 pm

The real reason to why what was said,with regards to the petrol situation ( nice little earner !! )

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/311 ... cise-duty-

Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:04 pm

No sign of panic buying up here.

Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:16 pm

What a joke this has become. country is becoming a total shambles

Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:05 pm

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/311 ... trol-panic

Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:30 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:The real reason to why what was said,with regards to the petrol situation ( nice little earner !! )

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/311 ... cise-duty-

it may bring 32m in sooner, but makes no difference in the medium-term... unless people are actually storing petrol

Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:57 am

Just another case of a government manipulated mass public panic in order to fill their coffers with tax!

Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:06 pm

i went out last night at 11:30 to get some due to ques all day , normally fill up fridays for the week but went last night , still wasnt as quiet as i thought i would be