Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Zebra Finance

Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:16 pm

I have filled out an application form for the 12/13 season tickets with zebra finance and handed in a passport photo of myself, but the 'unemployed' option on these forms are a bit concerning, would there be a chance I could get declined for being unemployed at the moment? I am able to afford the 5 month option and that but it's just worrying me quite a bit.

Re: Zebra Finance

Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:18 pm

BugsyBluebirds wrote:I have filled out an application form for the 12/13 season tickets with zebra finance and handed in a passport photo of myself, but the 'unemployed' option on these forms are a bit concerning, would there be a chance I could get declined for being unemployed at the moment? I am able to afford the 5 month option and that but it's just worrying me quite a bit.

You should be ok but there is always the option of telling a little white lie!!!

Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:21 pm

PtB wrote:
BugsyBluebirds wrote:I have filled out an application form for the 12/13 season tickets with zebra finance and handed in a passport photo of myself, but the 'unemployed' option on these forms are a bit concerning, would there be a chance I could get declined for being unemployed at the moment? I am able to afford the 5 month option and that but it's just worrying me quite a bit.

You should be ok but there is always the option of telling a little white lie!!!

Thanks, well I have never used a finance company before for season tickets so what would happen next? Am I now expecting direct debit forms through the post and would I have to prove my income?

Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:32 pm

If you are an existing Ambassador renewing for next season under the 5 year price freeze offer given a couple of years ago , you will be fine. Zebra are accepting all such applications on the basis that the club is effectively underwriting or guaranteeing the loan (if you don`t pay up , the club can simply stop your card and prevent you entering the stadium).

If you are a first time season ticket holder , Zebra will carry out the usual credit checks before approving your application.

Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:46 pm

Dear Ambasador

We fully understand the financial climate is difficult. To help supporters spread the cost we are offering two payment plans. A five month interest free option and also a ten month interest bearing plan.

Finance is guaranteed: irrespective of your credit history the club underwrite the finance with our partners Zebra. An application form in enclosed.

Based on the above being true, which I believe it is, as it is what has been circulated to all Season Ticket Holders and Ambassadors then I dont think they will even do a Credit Check on you as it is pointless on there behalf.

If they were to turn down somebody on the basis of poor credit then the above becomes a lie and false advertising I think?

:ayatollah:

Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:49 pm

Sorry, didnt read the whole thread.

I think Since62 is right, if your a new applicant you will probably be checked, but the club are saying finance is
guaranteed for existing season ticket holders as they know they are good for the money from previous seasons.

Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:53 pm

Thanks guys, very helpful. However, I haven't bought a season ticket for couple seasons because I moved to New Zealand, so this season I have been buying all home game tickets. I also have bad credit in the past because I used to take out pay day loans and blow them clubbing so I am just hoping they'll accept me as I will be able to pay them.

Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:56 pm

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:Sorry, didnt read the whole thread.

I think Since62 is right, if your a new applicant you will probably be checked, but the club are saying finance is
guaranteed for existing season ticket holders as they know they are good for the money from previous seasons.

Thanks, I just hope my name is on record from couple years ago. :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:45 pm

Simple, get a job!!!!

Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:47 pm

you can get season tickets by DD finance? :shock:

Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:26 pm

Angry Man wrote:Simple, get a job!!!!

Not that simple, I am not the lazy type, so why don't you try thinking before you type next time?

Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:28 pm

BugsyBluebirds wrote:

Not that simple, I am not the lazy type, so why don't you try thinking before you type next time?

So why are you out of work then..?

Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:29 pm

BugsyBluebirds wrote:

they are taking on in admiral, and red recruitment, sky/brit gas , no one likes phones, but your 7 times more likely to get a job on the phone and hands on

so basically, your saying, next season I can get my season ticket (on loan) :?:

Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:29 pm

BugsyBluebirds wrote:Thanks guys, very helpful. However, I haven't bought a season ticket for couple seasons because I moved to New Zealand, so this season I have been buying all home game tickets. I also have bad credit in the past because I used to take out pay day loans and blow them clubbing so I am just hoping they'll accept me as I will be able to pay them.

They do it case by case In that case but if you have poor credit then a case of keeping your fingers crossed :cry:

Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:30 pm

Shows how out of touch you are with the real world :lol:

Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:31 pm

I have an awful credit history and got it no probs. You should be fine. Good luck on the job front.

Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:32 pm

PtB wrote:I have an awful credit history and got it no probs. You should be fine. Good luck on the job front.

Where you on the price freeze tho mate?

Someone in another thread who was a new ambo was refused.

Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:20 am

I ask one simple question, and thanks to those that are helping. I am not too good at telephone interviews and go job hunting every day so if you wanna insult me being unemployed (although the majority of the population are also suffering hard times getting a job) then tell someone who cares? I haven't long came back from New Zealand, I have worked since I was 16, I thought this was a Cardiff City forum..

Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:24 am

BugsyBluebirds wrote:I ask one simple question, and thanks to those that are helping. I am not too good at telephone interviews and go job hunting every day so if you wanna insult me being unemployed (although the majority of the population are also suffering hard times getting a job) then tell someone who cares? I haven't long came back from New Zealand, I have worked since I was 16, I thought this was a Cardiff City forum..

Just incase your wondering I meant how out of touch angry man is with the world not you.

Trust me, I know how hard the job situation is mate :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:36 am

2blue2handle wrote:
BugsyBluebirds wrote:I ask one simple question, and thanks to those that are helping. I am not too good at telephone interviews and go job hunting every day so if you wanna insult me being unemployed (although the majority of the population are also suffering hard times getting a job) then tell someone who cares? I haven't long came back from New Zealand, I have worked since I was 16, I thought this was a Cardiff City forum..

Just incase your wondering I meant how out of touch angry man is with the world not you.

Trust me, I know how hard the job situation is mate :ayatollah:

Ah, sorry my mistake. Yeah I have handed out well over 50 CV's and still no luck :/ got a mastoidectomy operation on my ear on 16th April so hard times at the moment so thought a bit of help on a season ticket would be amazing to help. I love watching them play, massive fan :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:18 am

I know, it's frustrating when you dont even get a reply most the time :cry:

Fingers crossed on the app with zebra finance :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:53 am

2blue2handle wrote:I know, it's frustrating when you dont even get a reply most the time :cry:

Yeah thanks. You at the Ninian pub on saturday before the game?

Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:50 am

So what stopping you getting a ladder and a bucket and becoming a window cleaner if you can afford a season ticket..? As a taxpayer I am sick to death of hearing these sob stories about unemployment. YOU are the only person who can change it so get off your arse and work!!!

Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:43 am

Angry Man wrote:

So what stopping you getting a ladder and a bucket and becoming a window cleaner if you can afford a season ticket..? As a taxpayer I am sick to death of hearing these sob stories about unemployment. YOU are the only person who can change it so get off your arse and work!!!

Haha, I have been unemployed for about two months, had a job since I was 16, but the move to New Zealand didn't work out, after the amount of tax I have paid during my 7 years employment I think I deserve to be on the 'looking for work' scheme considering this is my own country too, if you don't like it then why don't you shut the f**k up and tell someone who cares.

Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:27 am

2blue2handle wrote:
PtB wrote:I have an awful credit history and got it no probs. You should be fine. Good luck on the job front.

Where you on the price freeze tho mate?

Someone in another thread who was a new ambo was refused.

No mate, I'm not.

Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:34 am

I work for a finance company and OUR policy is anyone unemployed are DECLINED for finance, unless ofcourse you are listed retired or disabled. I can't comment on Zebra finance but the line states if you have bad credit history you will get it, i'm pretty sure if you are unemployed, in the interest of the finance company and ''treating customers fairly'' they would be be treating you fairly financially wise if they were to provide you with finance knowing you had no form of income/job.

Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:55 pm

BugsyBluebirds wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:I know, it's frustrating when you dont even get a reply most the time :cry:

Yeah thanks. You at the Ninian pub on saturday before the game?

No mate, not much of a Ninian fan, I'm more of an Ivor Davies kinda guy :lol: :ayatollah: