Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Barcelona

Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:09 pm

I just noticed they play with very little width. They seem to be trying to go through the middle a lot. With Messi, Sanchez, Xavi, Iniesta etc.. you'd expect them to drag it out wide to Alves, Sanchez or even Messi who can dribble inside. And then put it inside to Xavi or Iniesta.
Really suprised me

Re: Barcelona

Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:27 pm

but they are finding the smallest of holes to play through.. may keep the width for the second half and vary there play when Milan are tired!

Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:45 pm

CantonJack wrote:I just noticed they play with very little width. They seem to be trying to go through the middle a lot. With Messi, Sanchez, Xavi, Iniesta etc.. you'd expect them to drag it out wide to Alves, Sanchez or even Messi who can dribble inside. And then put it inside to Xavi or Iniesta.
Really suprised me

Thats because they pass and move we pass and dont move so we hoof :lol:

Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:50 pm

Too lopsided. Abidal is the weak link at LB and hardly attacks, yet Alves can cover the entire right side easily. They have no natural wingers also, Messi and Sanchez are Second Strikers, they love to clog the midfield as well, 4 centre mids out there with one defensive mid/CB.

Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:40 pm

A bore draw

Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:02 pm

The Lad wrote:Too lopsided. Abidal is the weak link at LB and hardly attacks, yet Alves can cover the entire right side easily. They have no natural wingers also, Messi and Sanchez are Second Strikers, they love to clog the midfield as well, 4 centre mids out there with one defensive mid/CB.

I hope they listen to your football advice perhaps they could improve on their 152 goals scored in all competitions this season :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:09 pm

CantonJack wrote:I just noticed they play with very little width. They seem to be trying to go through the middle a lot. With Messi, Sanchez, Xavi, Iniesta etc.. you'd expect them to drag it out wide to Alves, Sanchez or even Messi who can dribble inside. And then put it inside to Xavi or Iniesta.
Really suprised me

I was thinking the same thing, what a match though. Also, the amount of times AC Milan took dives is unbelieveable.

Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:33 pm

are they swansea in disguise :lol:

Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:02 pm

they'll be knackered when everyone susses em out

Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:03 pm

waddle wrote:they'll be knackered when everyone susses em out

:lol:

Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:15 pm