Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WITHOUT CONWAY MACNAUGHTON IS BASICALLY A WINGER

Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:42 pm

Has anyone else noticed that, its like having a player short, since he has been dropped (or lost form) however you like to put it we've created less chances...

I definately feel he should be given a starting place over the next couple of weeks to recapture this form, conway and cowie we're always on the score sheet early in the season followed by gunnarson, and our midfield carried the team.

He's worth the risk we're practically defleted on the side anyway now so we have nothing too lose

Re: WITHOUT CONWAY MACNAUGHTON IS BASICALLY A WINGER

Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:10 pm

Agree iv always liked conway hees a cracking player :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:30 am

Agree mate.

Without width in the team we may be able to suffocate the middle of the pitch but going forward I feel we create less.

Not only do I think Conway deserves game time but I would get Kadeem involved too.

Our team is crying out for: Pace, width, creativity and... points.

ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK

Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:02 am

I have noticed for some time now that Mc Naughton is being used as a winger. The problem is that his crosses are not of the quality you would expect from a winger and he does not have the pace of a proper winger as demonstarted when being skinned by Chris Burke in the Birmingham match recently. Another problem playing super Kev further up the pitch is that when the opposite team are on the counter attack, kev is often left stranded up field which puts a strain on the remaining defenders.
I like Conway as a player but again he lacks the pace to do any real damage.It would appear that the answer to a lot of our problems is addressing the lack of pace throughout the team.

Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:15 am

Bluebird64 wrote:I have noticed for some time now that Mc Naughton is being used as a winger. The problem is that his crosses are not of the quality you would expect from a winger and he does not have the pace of a proper winger as demonstarted when being skinned by Chris Burke in the Birmingham match recently. Another problem playing super Kev further up the pitch is that when the opposite team are on the counter attack, kev is often left stranded up field which puts a strain on the remaining defenders.
I like Conway as a player but again he lacks the pace to do any real damage.It would appear that the answer to a lot of our problems is addressing the lack of pace throughout the team.

this is spot on :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:29 am

Bluebird64 wrote:I have noticed for some time now that Mc Naughton is being used as a winger. The problem is that his crosses are not of the quality you would expect from a winger and he does not have the pace of a proper winger as demonstarted when being skinned by Chris Burke in the Birmingham match recently. Another problem playing super Kev further up the pitch is that when the opposite team are on the counter attack, kev is often left stranded up field which puts a strain on the remaining defenders.

I agree here Conway does lack the pace, but he has a sweet cross and can put the ball in the box a lot better than Mcnaughton. I would like to see Harris given a run about he would definately add the pace the team needs, but do we want to put so much pressure on him so young?

Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:15 pm

Mardon89 wrote:

I agree here Conway does lack the pace, but he has a sweet cross and can put the ball in the box a lot better than Mcnaughton. I would like to see Harris given a run about he would definately add the pace the team needs, but do we want to put so much pressure on him so young?

So what we need now is someone as skillful as Conway but with the speed of Harris.

Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:28 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:
Mardon89 wrote:

So what we need now is someone as skillful as Conway but with the speed of Harris.

Most of the players with pace and can deliver a good cross are in the premiership. Anyway you dont need great pace to play on the wide outside.Look at beckham he got away with it because he delivered quality balls into the right areas. John robertson of Forest was another....he was fat..slow...but he could put the ball where it hurt teams.If we play conway he needs to stay wide and when he gets the ball just whip it in..........as long as we have someone in the box?????

Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:36 pm

Kadeem should be given a try, he must be pretty ordinary otherwise.

Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:52 pm

Kevs gone back a mile this season. Its a position we need to adress in the summer.

Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:31 pm

Mcnaughton hasn't become a bad player he's just being exposed badly at the moment he's doing 2 jobs at moment right back and winger and it's clearly taken it's toll! Conway n kev can be a tidy pairing keeping it nice n tight, we've leaked a fair amount of goals down that side and I believe if Conway was in front our defence would shore up a bit and maybe miller would have had. A bit of decent service and still be banging them in! I know Conway had a little dip in form but I felt round about CC semi 2nd leg, potsmouth he was flying again! But just like that dropped again???? Could be a big asset for us in the run in!!!!