Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" 7,000 AWAY FANS/NO SUCCESS "

Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:57 pm

7,000 Everton fans at Sunderland tonight, great support and they never win anything. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thats the way I like it, every Everton player went right up to their fans, not for the first time with Everton either. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " 7,000 AWAY FANS/NO SUCCESS "

Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:00 pm

Forever Blue wrote:7,000 Everton fans at Sunderland tonight, great support and they never win anything. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

They sold out their 2,000 down here on Saturday and literally didn't hear a peep out of them until they went 1 up. Worst fans to visit this season.

Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:01 pm

NJ73 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:7,000 Everton fans at Sunderland tonight, great support and they never win anything. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

They sold out their 2,000 down here on Saturday and literally didn't hear a peep out of them until they went 1 up. Worst fans to visit this season.

They were to busy trying to make out if they were in the wrong stadium with you lot singing silly rugby songs :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:01 pm

maybe the football bored them. ;)

Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:04 pm

Or just out of breath chasing you fuckers around all day :shock:

Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:08 pm

the swansea fans were chanting are you cardiff in disguise until they went 1 nil down :lol:

Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:11 pm

success in the 80's. thats whats given everton a big support.

Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:12 pm

ccfc1981 wrote:the swansea fans were chanting are you cardiff in disguise until they went 1 nil down :lol:

from what i heard, everton were a far better team, so the jacks must rate us :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:19 pm

??I think not my paddy fellow,,as for chasing us around all day???were did this happen,ther was some fisty cuffs around the away end after the match but nothing of real inportance,,and as for neath and port talbot?no one as heard off anything??so come come npw stop telling porkis,,,
As for there support,2k down here sat but very quiet but good following,but can knock 7k at sunderland in all fairness..

Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:21 pm

If your a big club then your a big club.Sunderlnd have only ever won an FA Cup and they're massive.There's plenty more too.

A good sign of how big a club is,is when they drop into the lower leagues and how it affects their crowds.Leeds,Man City,Sheff Wed still had huge crowds.If Swansea or Cardiff went back that way we'd both be back in the 5-10k bracket.

Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:28 pm

murphy wrote:
ccfc1981 wrote:the swansea fans were chanting are you cardiff in disguise until they went 1 nil down :lol:

from what i heard, everton were a far better team, so the jacks must rate us :ayatollah:

i missed match of the day but heard the same thing , the boys in blue and white did us proud :lol:

Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:31 pm

ccfc1981 wrote:
murphy wrote:

i missed match of the day but heard the same thing , the boys in blue and white did us proud :lol:

And that's where the similarities end.

Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:35 pm

6 bysedd wrote:
ccfc1981 wrote:
murphy wrote:

And that's where the similarities end.

nice colours though you gotta admit :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:36 pm

6 bysedd wrote:If your a big club then your a big club.Sunderlnd have only ever won an FA Cup and they're massive.There's plenty more too.

A good sign of how big a club is,is when they drop into the lower leagues and how it affects their crowds.Leeds,Man City,Sheff Wed still had huge crowds.If Swansea or Cardiff went back that way we'd both be back in the 5-10k bracket.

In the case of Leeds and Man City, they were very well supported clubs that had been in the top flight for a long time. They were only down in League 1 (div 2) for a very short time. If they were still there now then I'm sure their crowds would have declined significantly.

It takes along time to build up a solid loyal fan base. Ours has grown relatively quickly, so if we got relegated, a lot of the "johnny come latleys" would bugger of as quickly as they came. However if we had say 10 seasons in the top flight then those fans would be more likely to hang around if times got hard.

Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:46 pm

Not making a lot of noise though are they.
Considering its a cup quarter final at night with a 7000 following, you'd expect the atmosphere to be a little better

Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:48 pm

Old fashioned football club in a modern era.

Tumps of respect for David Moyes

Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:10 pm

Free coach travel provided by Everton.

Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:15 pm

6 bysedd wrote:If your a big club then your a big club.Sunderlnd have only ever won an FA Cup and they're massive.There's plenty more too.

leeds crowds have been well below average this season.. as low as 19k for 1 game and an average of 23k. in league 1 they had higher attendances

Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:01 pm

Thats the way I like it, every Everton player went right up to their fans, not for the first time with Everton either. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:25 pm

yes, fair play, Everton are a good old fashioned club, and the players respect the fans :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:37 pm

Everton proper club . They are called the people's club. Great ground one of the best in my opinion. One of the most evil grounds for away fans late seventies and eighties. They were organised and ruthless. :o

Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:43 pm

Yep Annis Everton Fc payed for all fans travel, think it would be great if we did this for somewhere fairly close, we can get 4k at Reading why only 2 at others in very similar distances :/

Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:50 pm

If we could offer free coach travel to somewhere like Bristol or one of the midlands clubs we would take anything up to 5000 IMO.
Especially for a saturday afternoon FA Cup game :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:17 am

CCFC 24 wrote:Yep Annis Everton Fc payed for all fans travel, think it would be great if we did this for somewhere fairly close, we can get 4k at Reading why only 2 at others in very similar distances :/

I never knew that :shock:

Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:39 am

For some reason Everton have always prided themselves on massive followings in the FA Cup. as someone touched upon earlier it has a lot to do with the great side they had in the 80s. They all had free travel yesterday but there are a few iconic games for Everton fans like when they took over 10,000 to Barnsley among several other

Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:42 am

Sam Hamman once put free buses on for us and free Santa hats. Incredible sight thousands of Cardiff on the away end at Argyle all with Santa hats :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:37 am

swansealad69 wrote:??I think not my paddy fellow,,as for chasing us around all day???were did this happen,ther was some fisty cuffs around the away end after the match but nothing of real inportance,,and as for neath and port talbot?no one as heard off anything??so come come npw stop telling porkis,,,
As for there support,2k down here sat but very quiet but good following,but can knock 7k at sunderland in all fairness..

who said they chased you lot? all i've heard was from the everton forum where one guy posted that him and 2 mates were walking back to their car, with 15 jacks following them asking for a fight. 15 onto 3? jacks bullying again. shame on you!!!

Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:45 pm

CityGent wrote:For some reason Everton have always prided themselves on massive followings in the FA Cup. as someone touched upon earlier it has a lot to do with the great side they had in the 80s. They all had free travel yesterday but there are a few iconic games for Everton fans like when they took over 10,000 to Barnsley among several other

Anthony, It was live on ITV, only 3,000 had free buses, its suppose to be a cup now not rated, it was a midweek game and times are hard, I think it was great support 7,000. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:58 pm

Canton stand baz wrote:Or just out of breath chasing you fuckers around all day :shock:

:o :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D

Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:05 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
Canton stand baz wrote:Or just out of breath chasing you fuckers around all day :shock:

:o :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: