Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

RexTheYank get's to call Cardiff home!

Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:34 pm

Hello everyone and as you can tell from the title I have big news! After a wonderful, wonderful trip to the UK. I've come back home to the States and finished up my college applications. I am now beaming with happiness to inform you all I can finally call Cardiff home and CCFC my local team on September 16th! I will be attending Cardiff Met. University for Sports Coaching for the next 4 years while taking my license courses with the FA in Liverpool in my spare time. I can't wait to be a new season ticket holder for CCFC next season! Would I be the first American season ticket holder? :?: Anyway thought you all would like to see pictures from my trip to Cardiff - West Ham and tell you guys about the experience. I'll post another topic entitled something along the lines of my visit to the came. In the meantime enjoy a photo of the back of my head while I sign my acceptance letter to Cardiff Met.! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: RexTheYank get's to call Cardiff home!

Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:36 pm

You'll have to change your name to Rex the Taff now mate :ayatollah:

Welcome aboard :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:38 pm

Welcome aboard the crazy train, we would not swap our team for anything tho, however shit we may be. :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:41 pm

I think I was standing next to you in the ticket office when I had to pick up a friends ticket.
Were you the one trying to pay with a Canadian credit card?

Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:43 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:50 pm

Good luck with your studies and welcome to the roller coaster ride of Cardiff City Football Club, we may not be the best footballing team in the world on paper, but we are the best football team in our hearts.

WELCOME! :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:17 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Come on Annis do the :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:38 pm

Croeso i Caerdydd -Welcome to Cardiff.

A warm welcome awaits and welcome to the barmy army world that is Cardiff City FC.

Best Wishes and hope to see ya next season :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:43 pm

congrats rex im sure you,ll enjoy cardiff and good luck with your studies.

Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:54 pm

when you said big news. i thought you were signing up for us. :lol: just dont bring eddie with you :roll: welcome to a great club. with the best fans in the world, dont bother with the mickey mouse club down west :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:10 pm

welcome! :ayatollah:

you may well be the first yank fan at cardiff city! ive only ever heard of one other yank football fan in the uk and he starred in the film greeen st! ;)

you will have a ball in cardiff mate! just dont go past port talbot as things get a bit strange down that way! come to think of it , if you need to leave cardiff , dont go left or right, just go straight up! ;)

Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:16 pm

Great news rex! Glad to have you aboard the mad ship cardiff city, a warm welcome awaits you :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:32 pm

Good lad Rex, welcome to the roller coaster......... CCFC is life alone, Citylife :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:09 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCybu1N7TgI

here's a video talking about my trip!

Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:12 pm

First class :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:32 pm

RexTheYank wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCybu1N7TgI

here's a video talking about my trip!

Good video :ayatollah:

Your fan club of Wayne Nash tho will prob just have you in it :lol:

Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:58 am

Rex, you're welcome in Cardiff any time you like. It's a shame that you encountered some unfriendly doormen at the pubs and clubs, but they treat locals the same. Some things never change, it seems!

Once you're back and living here for a while, I think you'll see what a great place Cardiff is. It's not perfect - but then, name me any town or city that is - but I love it and I'd move back there today, if I could. I've always found Cardiff to be a very friendly city, but I'm biased because I'm a Cardiffian! It is a lot friendlier, though, than many places I've visited around the UK.

The universities/colleges in Cardiff have a great reputation - and rightly so - and I'd be surprised if you were disappointed with the social life.

The future's looking very bright for you, fella and I wish you the best of luck.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:59 am

Welcome home mate, Like they said above the Doorman are w*nkers to all of us not only people they deem to be foreigners.

Cardiff is a good night out if you know the right clubs which I'm sure you'll soon pick up on being a student, all clubs seem to love the student deals!

Do me a favour fill your suitcase up with lucky charms and bring me a few boxes I'm sick of paying £8 a box :D.

Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:23 am

Welcome fella an yep doormen are wankers , the jobc enter now pays for anyone to go on the course so its a lot of dicks who couldn't get jobs but now have the power to boss people about an think they are tough

Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:35 am

Welcome Rex,Hope you enjoy your stay at cardiff but don't forget your studies which must come first :lol: