Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" THE TWO I LOVED TO WATCH AND IF ONLY"

Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:04 pm

The two I loved to watch were Carl Dale and Phil Stant what a pair they were :ayatollah:

I believe Miller is quality, he just needs a partner, agreed ?

Re: " THE TWO I LOVED TO WATCH AND IF ONLY"

Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:13 pm

Yes, especially at home. If Rudy had a little more ability hed be perfect. Mason isnt quite there yet but it wont be long. He's being used a little bit too much lately as well IMO. Looked a little greedy from what I saw from Brum as well.

Perhaps if Malky plays Conway and Lawrence out wide it could even work with Earnie and Miller, but we were only using 1 winger at the start of the season with those 2 playing, which didnt work. Hope we get Jordan Rhodes in the summer if Hudders dont go up :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:22 pm

4-4-2 belongs in the dark ages.

How many of the top successful teams in Europe play 4-4-2 these days?

Man Utd come closest but even their formation is not a 4-4-2 as Rooney plays pretty much in the attacking midfield role.

Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:27 pm

NJ73 wrote:4-4-2 belongs in the dark ages.

Man Utd come closest but even their formation is not a 4-4-2 as Rooney plays pretty much in the attacking midfield role.

Thing is, I don't really think we're aiming to be one of the top teams in Europe anytime soon :lol:

But I understand what you mean.

Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:29 pm

europe :lol: ?? we are playing div 2 football or was up untill the brum game for 3months near enough
Are squad is not as good as man utd youth let alone 1st team so i dont know how u can even compare them. 4-5-1 away with wingers and 4-4-2 at home i thinks are best options :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:30 pm

He needs a partner for him games but also more pace and width out wide.

Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:33 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:

europe :lol: ?? we are playing div 2 football or was up untill the brum game for 3months near enough
Are squad is not as good as man utd youth let alone 1st team so i dont know how u can even compare them. 4-5-1 away with wingers and 4-4-2 at home i thinks are best options :ayatollah:

My point being that the most successful clubs do not play 4-4-2 in this day and age. It's nothing to do with strength of squad.

Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:33 pm

I reckon Betty would compliment Miller very well but that's just my opinion.

I've always been a fan of Miller due to his work rate and attitude on and off the pitch.

RE: Joe Mason,
How long is his contract for? I think he will be a quality player in a few years time.
The lad has tremendous ability and hopefully we will see his true potential in few years time ( in a city shirt). :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:40 pm

Qpr will now that Mark Hughes is there and no doubt Sheffield we'd will also :lol: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:42 pm

Neath Bluebird wrote:

Qpr will now that Mark Hughes is there and no doubt Sheffield we'd will also :lol: :ayatollah:

Case closed :mrgreen:

Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:45 pm

NJ73 wrote:
Neath Bluebird wrote:

Don't you think it is about time you changed your avatar? The fun has now gone out of it, I think it is only fair as you are on our board ;)

Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:48 pm

Neath Bluebird wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
Neath Bluebird wrote:

Don't you think it is about time you changed your avatar? The fun has now gone out of it, I think it is only fair as you are on our board ;)

Aye, probably. I'll revert to my previous one.

Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:50 pm

Forever Blue wrote:The two I loved to watch were Carl Dale and Phil Stant what a pair they were :ayatollah:

Stant, what a legend.
Great player.

Matty on here found his book Stantona in Poundland, Luton :lol: :lol:

Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:33 pm

NJ73 wrote:
Neath Bluebird wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
Neath Bluebird wrote:

Aye, probably. I'll revert to my previous one.

let's hope we're also in the Premiership next season - can you imagine the South Wales derby then :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:41 pm

We complained about Jones playing 442 last season and our midfield getting torn apart, yet this season when things aren't going as well as WE would like, we revert to the opposite.

Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:58 pm

we dont play 442 tho :roll:

Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:16 pm

dale for Wales my second all time fav player :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:33 pm

LutonBluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:The two I loved to watch were Carl Dale and Phil Stant what a pair they were :ayatollah:

Stant, what a legend.
Great player.

Matty on here found his book Stantona in Poundland, Luton :lol: :lol:

Jules two proper legends not like the big head show offs today. :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:37 pm

I wonder if Dale or Stant is doing anything this Saturday ? :lol: :lol: What would i do to see either of them play just one more time :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:08 pm

BluebirdForever wrote:

we dont play 442 tho :roll:

I know but the OP was suggesting you should :roll:

Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:31 pm

CantonJack wrote:Yes, especially at home. If Rudy had a little more ability hed be perfect. Mason isnt quite there yet but it wont be long. He's being used a little bit too much lately as well IMO. Looked a little greedy from what I saw from Brum as well.

Perhaps if Malky plays Conway and Lawrence out wide it could even work with Earnie and Miller, but we were only using 1 winger at the start of the season with those 2 playing, which didnt work. Hope we get Jordan Rhodes in the summer if Hudders dont go up :ayatollah:

Rudy's first season in the uk give him time :ayatollah: