Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" WHAT A RIP OFF "

Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:15 pm

Its bad enough that they go up every year, but this year is well out of order.

1st Class stamps now 46p will be 60p in April :o :shock:
2nd Class stamps now 36p will be 50p in April :o :shock:

From April 30th.

You can buy them now and as long they say 1st or 2nd class they are valid for life as 1st and 2nd class :ayatollah:

Re: " WHAT A RIP OFF "

Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:20 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Its bad enough that they go up every year, but this year is well out of order.

From April 30th.

You can buy them now and as long they say 1st or 2nd class they are valid for life as 1st and 2nd class :ayatollah:

It's a sure sign your getting auld when you start giving out over the price of a postage stamp.

I never thought I'd see the day.

Oi! Codger! wind ya neck in ya miserable old sod :lol:

Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:20 pm

WHAT A RIP OFF "

Thought you were talking about Velcro :lol:

Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:21 pm

Johnny Rythmn wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Its bad enough that they go up every year, but this year is well out of order.

From April 30th.

It's a sure sign your getting auld when you start giving out over the price of a postage stamp.

:lol:
Wife just told me and remember I give FREE postage on my books :cry:

Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:22 pm

DannyboyBluebirds wrote:WHAT A RIP OFF "

Thought you were talking about Velcro :lol:

Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:26 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Johnny Rythmn wrote:

Best use of a plug EVER ;) :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:26 pm

Annis, on eBay I'm spending around £200 per month on postage and to be fair the service is crap. By the looks my costs will go up to around £240 per month. Wankers!

Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:28 pm

DannyboyBluebirds wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Johnny Rythmn wrote:

Best use of a plug EVER ;) :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Now Danny I never did this though :lol:

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/ :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:29 pm

Berwyn wrote:Annis, on eBay I'm spending around £200 per month on postage and to be fair the service is crap. By the looks my costs will go up to around £240 per month. Wankers!

Berwyn, Totally agree, every year my over heads go up and the income doesn't.

Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:33 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Berwyn wrote:Annis, on eBay I'm spending around £200 per month on postage and to be fair the service is crap. By the looks my costs will go up to around £240 per month. Wankers!

Whatever lads, whatever :old:

codger1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:36 pm

Johnny Rythmn wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

codger1.jpg

Hey Johnny, maybe they should stop the cost of the stamp out of your Giro. You'd be bothered then. lol

Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:40 pm

Berwyn wrote:
Johnny Rythmn wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

codger1.jpg

Hey Johnny, maybe they should stop the cost of the stamp out of your Giro. You'd be bothered then. lol

Electronic transfer ya senile auld cnut :lol:

Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:41 pm

Johnny Rythmn wrote:
Berwyn wrote:
Johnny Rythmn wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

codger1.jpg

Well they should start charging for that instead then. lol

Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:30 pm

Berwyn wrote:
Johnny Rythmn wrote:
Berwyn wrote:
Johnny Rythmn wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

codger1.jpg

Well they should start charging for that instead then. lol

|It's enought to make you sick of it all eh?

victor.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:34 pm

It thought first lass was 25p :shock: :lol:

Its terrible, no wonder more and more people are sending electronic mail.

Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:45 pm

the royal mail probably won't exist in a few years time,it's only so called 'junk' mail that's keeping them afloat, and I'm delighted to say that because of their high prices and poor service that companies like my own are pinching more and more work off them, all you posties out there start looking for new jobs now...

Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:57 pm

"Wife just told me and remember I give FREE postage on my books''

Put the Post Office out of business and make all your books IPAD, Kindle electronic versions only ;)

Electronic only is gonna happen - thinly veiled Post Office view that says 'we haven't got much more time to make money so shit on everyone while the going is good'. Shocking! :angry5:

Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:07 pm

rhondda 1015 wrote:the royal mail probably won't exist in a few years time,it's only so called 'junk' mail that's keeping them afloat, and I'm delighted to say that because of their high prices and poor service that companies like my own are pinching more and more work off them, all you posties out there start looking for new jobs now...

Agreed. They are tomorrows milkmen! :(

Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:13 pm

£200 per month on postage?..How many pegs a month are you shipping?

Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:19 pm

EMAIL

Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:07 pm

I don't get all this "shit service" everyone keep spouting out.

Admittedly I don't do much posting of letters but ever time I've sent one it;s arrived and 9/10 it's on time which I'd say is a good success rate considering the amount of letters sent every day.

I've also received every letter that I know was sent to me so what's all this about piss poor service?

Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:26 pm

The cost of stamps has been undervalued for years
Plus if RM did cease to exist who would deliver the post then?
Good luck with your TNT DHL etc trying to get something delivered for 60p.

Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:30 pm

Everyone needs to look very carefully what this government are doing, I do only because I am interested in politics, but understand most don't because it can become very boring. After analysing just a few things that hits every working class man and woman in the pocket e.g. Petrol prices, cigarettes, royal mail, I could go on but hopefully people will get the gist, they are there for their own kind, and dare I say it because I'm not one to sit on the fence, for those the other side of the bridge and below the m4, whether we like it or not, it's them against us, always has been and always will be.
Before anyone comes back with some crap comment and not a skilled thought through comment, I understand that there are some people on here who vote Tory and are quite privileged, but I am talking about the majority who are bordering on difficult times.
Stamps we can argue, laugh at etc., but it is the tip of the iceberg, as I know many city fans who cannot afford to renew their season ticket, again, the tip of the iceberg you might say, but they are our mates and our fellow city fans.

Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:21 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Johnny Rythmn wrote:

From April 30th.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: nearly choked when i read that.best plug ever. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:25 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Johnny Rythmn wrote:

From April 30th.

That will change then :lol:

Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:03 pm

wkdblue wrote:

£200 per month on postage?..How many pegs a month are you shipping?

Why pegs? Are you suggesting I'm from Swansea ya cheaky cnut! You do know there's a line you should never cross don't you. :D

Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:05 pm

Vinyl records cant be sent through email ya daft bastards.

Save our Royal Mail.

Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:17 pm

Super drug doing 5% off 1st class stamps at the mo, or Costco do em even cheaper but you buy 60 at a time. Stock up now before it's too late.

Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:19 pm

Pidgeofcdf wrote:Super drug doing 5% off 1st class stamps at the mo, or Costco do em even cheaper but you buy 60 at a time. Stock up now before it's too late.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:31 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:Vinyl records cant be sent through email ya daft bastards.

Save our Royal Mail.

:ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek:

You know what!!!!

Don't gimmee all that!