Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Racist twitter jailed

Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:33 pm

polo wrote:
Aramore wrote:
polo wrote:I see the PC police are out in force tonight :roll:

Which side is the PC police?

The people intent on enforcing racism as a prison sentence or the people saying he doesn't deserve prison?

Lets prioritise here.

Whats worse? Making some drunken racist comment or touching kids?

No I know I agree with you, I was just making sure which side you fell on before I agreed : P

Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:33 pm

harold pinta wrote:
polo wrote:
Aramore wrote:

The people intent on enforcing racism as a prison sentence or the people saying he doesn't deserve prison?

Lets prioritise here.

Oh my god, you are so liberal. It's pc gawn mad :lol:

Whats so :lol: about peados getting community service whilst this guy gets prison?

Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:50 pm

polo wrote:
harold pinta wrote:
polo wrote:
Aramore wrote:

Lets prioritise here.

Oh my god, you are so liberal. It's pc gawn mad :lol:

Whats so :lol: about peados getting community service whilst this guy gets prison?

Can you show me an example of a convicted Paedophile getting community service??

Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:13 am

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... terms.html

:roll:

Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:56 am

What pisses me off is that now words is a much more serious offence than say going out and commiting say ABH . You can just watch disorder at a football match and you can expect prison for your curiosity. But if you break into someone's house then you are likely to escape prison. But word!! bejesus that is the crime of the century egged on by a baying press.
Had this lad been say a unemployed layabout on a rough housing estate then he would of never been sent to prison IMO but because he is going to University they was always going to make an example of him.
We have all been young and all been drunk and when the two met we have all done something very stupid but luckilly most of us on here lived in an age where common sense provailed . But where we was allowed to learn from our mistakes we now have to punish people by completely detroying there lives forever because of one stupid mistake.
But if you get caught drug dealing or sex crimes or even murder society will bend over backwards to give you a decent life after because it is believed everyone should get a right to a decent life, except those that have been caught saying something they shouldn't do.
Naming him and shaming him should of been enough as that truly would of been awfull for him , but sending the Lad to prison ruining everything he has achieved so far and ruining any future he may have is wrong and it reminds me we now live in a not a democratic Country, but one you have to be very carefull of what you say may upset the state which controls what you say and think.

Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:37 am

Nuclearblue wrote:What pisses me off is that now words is a much more serious offence than say going out and commiting say ABH . You can just watch disorder at a football match and you can expect prison for your curiosity. But if you break into someone's house then you are likely to escape prison. But word!! bejesus that is the crime of the century egged on by a baying press.
Had this lad been say a unemployed layabout on a rough housing estate then he would of never been sent to prison IMO but because he is going to University they was always going to make an example of him.
We have all been young and all been drunk and when the two met we have all done something very stupid but luckilly most of us on here lived in an age where common sense provailed . But where we was allowed to learn from our mistakes we now have to punish people by completely detroying there lives forever because of one stupid mistake.
But if you get caught drug dealing or sex crimes or even murder society will bend over backwards to give you a decent life after because it is believed everyone should get a right to a decent life, except those that have been caught saying something they shouldn't do.
Naming him and shaming him should of been enough as that truly would of been awfull for him , but sending the Lad to prison ruining everything he has achieved so far and ruining any future he may have is wrong and it reminds me we now live in a not a democratic Country, but one you have to be very carefull of what you say may upset the state which controls what you say and think.

amen brother.the kid was an idiot.a drunken one at that. the jails are full.this kid should have been fined ,made to apoligise to fabrice and told to dig some gardens on a sunday for about a year.maybe even muambas.it is not nice what he did but the lads who posted about sex offenders and drug dealers getting lighter shifts of the court are 100%right.i wonder if the sentence being hard is due to the fact fabrice is ill.what would he have got if f.m hadn,t collapsed and nearly died.say he just scored a goal against the twitter posting kids team and then he abused him.would he get the same sentence?there is a lot of emotion running with this at the moment at that could be reflected in the jail term handed out.im not taking this as a joke .i liked(and still do) f.m when he played for us.the lad is an inspiration .many british born kids could learn a lot off fabrice muamba after the start he had in life.i also take a 15yr old mixed race kid to blues .that lad and his mother (she,s black)even reckon some of this anti race stuff is going too far.this kid was always going to be jailed .some stuff is decided before it goes to court by the powers that be

Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:45 am

while this kid IMO has probably just said the one stupid thing trying to be humorous. This guy is an out and out racists and has said a number of unbelievable racist things about Muamba and black people In general on twitter... where's his punishment?

@Walken4GOP

Now I'll admit to finding the odd racist joke funny if clearly not meant .... but actively and aggressively making comments like he is, is absolutely disgusting.

Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:54 am

Just a thought. back last year there was a case widely reported, the video is on you tube under "racist attack". basically a group of four somali girls set about two white girls phisically attacked them and racially abused them for being white. the two girls needed hospital treatment. now these somali girls were arrested and found to be drunk. when the case appeared in court the judge let them of with a very light suspended sentence and a paltry bit of community service. the judge remarked that as they were not used to drinking they were treated more leniantly. i ask you this if the tables were turned and it was a white attack on those girls you can be assured a custodial would have been dished out. Now i do not in any way condone this idiots actions , but who of us when young did something that we look back on now and think what a prick i was.

Not many i bet.
This lads whole life has been ruined because of one idiotic moment of madness. vilified by the press thrown out of uni , career out the window.
When those somali girls were in court the left wing do gooder brigade came out inforce. Where are they now.why is it any differnt. Double standards i think.

Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:01 am

jerdojedly wrote:while this kid IMO has probably just said the one stupid thing trying to be humorous. This guy is an out and out racists and has said a number of unbelievable racist things about Muamba and black people In general on twitter... where's his punishment?

@Walken4GOP

Now I'll admit to finding the odd racist joke funny if clearly not meant .... but actively and aggressively making comments like he is, is absolutely disgusting.

i can,t see it mate but i get your drift.i find some of the jokes funny.my mates will tell them me and because i know they are not racist people i can laugh and even tell some myself.i have found when a person i know is racist and they try to tell me a joke it does,nt seem funny.it could be a joke that someone else has told me and i laughed then.i think the intent behind it is the thing.

Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:03 am

i mean,t i can,t see it on twitter mate as im not on it

Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:07 am

Nuclearblue wrote:What pisses me off is that now words is a much more serious offence than say going out and commiting say ABH . You can just watch disorder at a football match and you can expect prison for your curiosity. But if you break into someone's house then you are likely to escape prison. But word!! bejesus that is the crime of the century egged on by a baying press.

totally agree...

the very fact that if i knocked on next door and punched the guy in the face, it would probably be better for me than for me than racially verbally abusing him...

Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:14 am

gingerboy wrote:Just a thought. back last year there was a case widely reported, the video is on you tube under "racist attack". basically a group of four somali girls set about two white girls phisically attacked them and racially abused them for being white. the two girls needed hospital treatment. now these somali girls were arrested and found to be drunk. when the case appeared in court the judge let them of with a very light suspended sentence and a paltry bit of community service. the judge remarked that as they were not used to drinking they were treated more leniantly. i ask you this if the tables were turned and it was a white attack on those girls you can be assured a custodial would have been dished out. Now i do not in any way condone this idiots actions , but who of us when young did something that we look back on now and think what a prick i was.

Not many i bet.
This lads whole life has been ruined because of one idiotic moment of madness. vilified by the press thrown out of uni , career out the window.
When those somali girls were in court the left wing do gooder brigade came out inforce. Where are they now.why is it any differnt. Double standards i think.

yep.that is what is doing most peoples heads in .the lack of level playing field.i remember that .shocking.this kid who has been jailed if he has been turfed out of uni will no doubt have to be supported by the state in benefits as his chances of a job will be zero due to the press character asasination of him.we,ve really done well here havn,t we?we pay to jail him and no doubt keep him instead of letting him serve a community based sentence which would heap enough shame on him anyway.if he did the latter and wasn,t booted out of uni then perhaps he could fulfill his potential and also pay for his crime at the same time,the kid was wrong.he was also drunk.won,t be the first and won,t be the last to make a stupid mistake.

Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:19 am

off to work now lads.great day for window cleaning.typical white lad .i will have my top off in a bit trying to go brown :lol:

Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:48 am

Jtc. cant say that its racist. quick call in the nanny state :lol:

Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:11 am

The kids life is runied! A litle bitt harsh but it is an example to everyone else!

Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:33 am

Whole life ruined for ONE stupid mistake. thought we were a tolerant society. its britain not fuckin saudi arabia.
A lady called me racist in my taxi a few weeks back. why?
Because she brought up the subject of imigration and i gave my view point , which was yes we need immigrants up to a point as they add to our society, but now we have a situation where the door has been flung open and anyone is waved through. whos fault.. not the imigrants but the powers that be. is that racist. am i racist for pointing this out?
Cant be racist anyway cos i hate everyone equally black white yellow or green. :D :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:57 pm

easternblue wrote:The kids life is runied! A litle bitt harsh but it is an example to everyone else!

Look all they had to do was name him and then he will have to live with it. He will learn won't he ? No !! now you saying its an example :o Have you ever been drunk in Public ? Should they put your picture on every street corner as an example ? Did you ever once nick anything ? Just once ? Well perhaps they should cut your hand off as an example. Now we have all made mistakes, we have all made error of judgments, we have all done things we would not do now, Its all about learning from them. Will this Lad be able to learn from a total error of Judgment ? No they have destroyed his life as a punishment. Now did he harm anyone? Did he Kill anyone ? Did he put anyone in hospital ? No he committed the most heinous of crimes of hurting someones feelings :o :evil: . But as someone said above where is the level playing field ? IE those Somalian Girls :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
The trouble with society today is if someone does something even slightly UN PC then the feeling is they should be destroyed for the rest of there lives. What happened to be able to say SORRY !! sorry but in my honest opinion its getting pathetic and bordering on a dictatorship style government and policing :evil: :evil: :evil:

Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:03 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
easternblue wrote:The kids life is runied! A litle bitt harsh but it is an example to everyone else!

Look all they had to do was name him and then he will have to live with it. He will learn won't he ? No !! now you saying its an example :o Have you ever been drunk in Public ? Should they put your picture on every street corner as an example ? Did you ever once nick anything ? Just once ? Well perhaps they should cut your hand off as an example. Now we have all made mistakes, we have all made error of judgments, we have all done things we would not do now, Its all about learning from them. Will this Lad be able to learn from a total error of Judgment ? No they have destroyed his life as a punishment. Now did he harm anyone? Did he Kill anyone ? Did he put anyone in hospital ? No he committed the most heinous of crimes of hurting someones feelings :o :evil: . But as someone said above where is the level playing field ? IE those Somalian Girls :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
The trouble with society today is if someone does something even slightly UN PC then the feeling is they should be destroyed for the rest of there lives. What happened to be able to say SORRY !! sorry but in my honest opinion its getting pathetic and bordering on a dictatorship style government and policing :evil: :evil: :evil:

iran -religous police.u.s.s.r-k.g.b .uk twitter police.yes he needs a slap like community service and sorry wouldn,t go amiss but jail for been steaming and making an ass of himself????lets go the whole hog and shoot the landlord who sold him the lush and flog the fellow who sold him the computer

Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:04 pm

gingerboy wrote:Jtc. cant say that its racist. quick call in the nanny state :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:25 pm

jtc wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

iran -religous police.u.s.s.r-k.g.b .uk twitter police.yes he needs a slap like community service and sorry wouldn,t go amiss but jail for been steaming and making an ass of himself????lets go the whole hog and shoot the landlord who sold him the lush and flog the fellow who sold him the computer

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:41 pm

jerdojedly wrote:while this kid IMO has probably just said the one stupid thing trying to be humorous.

Nope, can see you don't know a great deal other than the headline about Muamba.

Saw it kicking off, so followed. There were 10-12 racist tweets in total. His "excuses" were "Not me, didn't have access to my phone" which became "I was hacked" which then became "I apologise for the comments I made".

One stupid thing?

He previously made a racist remark about Eric Abidal, also Anne Frank.

I guess he must have been permanently drunk.

This guy is an out and out racists and has said a number of unbelievable racist things about Muamba and black people In general on twitter... where's his punishment?

@Walken4GOP

Clue; he's in America. Not Britain. And yes, his comments are disgusting, but somehow I don't see British police arresting an American for comments made in America.

Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:48 pm

This is a conscious sentencing.

Now lets see how many of these keyboard warriors will carry on doing what they do.

Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:22 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:This is a conscious sentencing.

Now lets see how many of these keyboard warriors will carry on doing what they do.

Good point Ian.

People need to be sensible when posting on the internet.

It can be argued that sentences are disproportionate but behave yourself and don't say anything stupid and you don't need to worry.

Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:55 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

Good point Ian.

It can be argued that sentences are disproportionate but behave yourself and don't say anything stupid and you don't need to worry.

that,s the whole point though gareth.the sentence is disproportionate when there are far more dangerous people walking the streets who should be locked up and the jails being full or marsh mallow sentencing stops them having their liberty taken.internet warriors don,t just inhabit twitter.they are on ccf.what happens if someone doesn,t like some abuse he gets served up on here?if he goes to the police will the poster get a tug.?if and it has happened on here someone abuses the english technically its racism.i wonder if the police would press for a conviction as rabidly as when colour is involved?i doubt it.like iv said the boy should be punished but i feel jail is harsh for first time in front of the beak .by the way feel free to call me whatever you want i won,t be going to the police :lol:

Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:57 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

Good point Ian.

He's not the only one to have been jailed for racist comments on Twitter. Stan Collymore has gotten a few done for it in the past. As well as that the police have started arresting people that "Troll" on social media sites. There was a kid not long ago in the press for it for going onto an RIP page on Facebook and saying loads of terrible comments and his defense was that he was doing it for a laugh because he was bored. Didn't look so fun when he became the first person to be jailed for "Internet Trolling" and got slapped with a lovely fine as well.

Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:09 pm

LWay wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

Good point Ian.

He's not the only one to have been jailed for racist comments on Twitter. Stan Collymore has gotten a few done for it in the past. As well as that the police have started arresting people that "Troll" on social media sites. There was a kid not long ago in the press for it for going onto an RIP page on Facebook and saying loads of terrible comments and his defense was that he was doing it for a laugh because he was bored. Didn't look so fun when he became the first person to be jailed for "Internet Trolling" and got slapped with a lovely fine as well.

if it is continued after a fine/community service sentence then yes jail would have to a option.so now we,ve ex footballers who don,t have the best record for their own behavior trawling twitter to grass people up?sort of says it all why this country is going to the dogs mate

Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:11 pm

Stan the dogging wife beater taking the moral high ground :lol:

Self pitying c**t.

Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:14 pm

polo wrote:Stan the dogging wife beater taking the moral high ground :lol:

Self pitying c**t.

:lol:

Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:46 pm

And to be fair i am now worried i could be locked up for as long as the Yorkshire Ripper :lol: :lol: :lol: I better start being nice :ayatollah: :D

Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:57 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:And to be fair i am now worried i could be locked up for as long as the Yorkshire Ripper :lol: :lol: :lol: I better start being nice :ayatollah: :D

i doubt he,d get the sentence he got if he had been doing his crimes now mate.some of the judges would want to send him on a anger management course.some of the present day rape sentences are a disgrace .