Racist twitter jailed

Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:15 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-17515992 :ayatollah:

Re: Racist twitter jailed

Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:37 am

good pig got what he deserved :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:46 am

Very very OTT, the kid was stupid and is a horrible little shit but going to prison for something you said when drunk is just not right.

Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:59 am

CraigCCFC wrote:Very very OTT, the kid was stupid and is a horrible little shit but going to prison for something you said when drunk is just not right.

Yes I agree. Give him a slap etc but come on lets get real. Who was that Muslim terrorist guy who stood on the street corner spouting racial hatred yet only got a £50 fine?

Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:05 pm

Berwyn wrote:
CraigCCFC wrote:Very very OTT, the kid was stupid and is a horrible little shit but going to prison for something you said when drunk is just not right.

Yes I agree. Give him a slap etc but come on lets get real. Who was that Muslim terrorist guy who stood on the street corner spouting racial hatred yet only got a £50 fine?

or the MP who assaulted a couple of others at the bar and got released on bond :old:

Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:25 pm

I might be in the minority here but racist behavious, of any sort, is wrong and the punishment in this instance was fair according DJ John Charles.

Whilst there may have been other instances where individuals have received £50 fines I feel more comfortable knowing that our legal system is doing its utmost to stamp out racist behaviour.

As a result of the actions of several extremists, on 9/11, we now live in a society where people assume that all Muslims are terrorists. This is wrong. Many of my friends and close work colleagues are Muslim and amongst some of the most friendly people I know.

If, as a community, we continue to place people in categories (i.e. because of Race, Colour, Ethnicity, Sexuality etc) we will all be the poorer.

When I attend a football match it does not bother me whether the person standing next to me is white, black, Jewish, Muslim, Straight or Gay. My only interest is whether he wears the Bluebird on his chest with pride. :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:29 pm

Paul Keevil wrote:I might be in the minority here but racist behavious, of any sort, is wrong and the punishment in this instance was fair according DJ John Charles.

Whilst there may have been other instances where individuals have received £50 fines I feel more comfortable knowing that our legal system is doing its utmost to stamp out racist behaviour.

As a result of the actions of several extremists, on 9/11, we now live in a society where people assume that all Muslims are terrorists. This is wrong. Many of my friends and close work colleagues are Muslim and amongst some of the most friendly people I know.

If, as a community, we continue to place people in categories (i.e. because of Race, Colour, Ethnicity, Sexuality etc) we will all be the poorer.

When I attend a football match it does not bother me whether the person standing next to me is white, black, Jewish, Muslim, Straight or Gay. My only interest is whether he wears the Bluebird on his chest with pride. :ayatollah:

Great post, totally agree :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:31 pm

Do you honestly believe it was a fair punishment to fit the crime?

Only reason he was jailed is because the media whores were watching with bated breath. His whole career is now ruined because of one stupid mistake.

Have you ever made any?

Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:31 pm

i thought he would of got a fine , but jail wow :shock:

Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:41 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:Do you honestly believe it was a fair punishment to fit the crime?

Only reason he was jailed is because the media whores were watching with bated breath. His whole career is now ruined because of one stupid mistake.

Have you ever made any?

The daft cnut wont do it again though, that's for sure :lol:

Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:44 pm

Johnny Rythmn wrote:
CraigCCFC wrote:Do you honestly believe it was a fair punishment to fit the crime?

Have you ever made any?

Now you see there what you've just done? My mate is a cnut and he finds it deeply offensive to be called "daft". Your comment was extremely "cnut-ist" and therefore you should go to jail. :D

Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:21 pm

ccfc1981 wrote:i thought he would of got a fine , but jail wow :shock:

while the guy was a complete idiot, i think jail is a bit harsh to be honest...

i believe he was given a sentence purely because of the media surrounding this...

i recently got cautioned for a public order offence just for sticking two fingers up at someone... how many times a day does this happen and nothing gets done about it... they just made an example of me..

my main concern at the moment is the lack of consistency with the system... ok so he gets a jail sentence, then the same should apply for all racist comments made regardless of colour or religion....

Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:34 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:
ccfc1981 wrote:i thought he would of got a fine , but jail wow :shock:

while the guy was a complete idiot, i think jail is a bit harsh to be honest...

i believe he was given a sentence purely because of the media surrounding this...

i recently got cautioned for a public order offence just for sticking two fingers up at someone... how many times a day does this happen and nothing gets done about it... they just made an example of me..

my main concern at the moment is the lack of consistency with the system... ok so he gets a jail sentence, then the same should apply for all racist comments made regardless of colour or religion....

did you do your terrible offense at a football match ? :D ive had public order offenses for silly things at football away games. but this guy was an idiot i remember reading his twatter coments at the time and was fuming , but jail is harsh as you say its the media around it.

Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:59 pm

Scum of society

Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:22 pm

Berwyn wrote:

Because our weak government and society in general are terrified of upsetting ethnic minorities , its absolute garbage
This twitter guy is a total idiot,im sick of hearing people using being drunk as an excuse to behave like a tw*t.
hopefully he ll make a few "special friends" in the nick

Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:26 pm

englishbluebird wrote:
Berwyn wrote:

Because our weak government and society in general are terrified of upsetting ethnic minorities , its absolute garbage
This twitter guy is a total idiot,im sick of hearing people using being drunk as an excuse to behave like a tw*t.
hopefully he ll make a few "special friends" in the nick

They should call the whole thing TWATTER for twats to tw*t

Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:27 pm

Berwyn wrote:
Johnny Rythmn wrote:

Have you ever made any?

Now you see there what you've just done? My mate is a cnut and he finds it deeply offensive to be called "daft". Your comment was extremely "cnut-ist" and therefore you should go to jail. :D

Is he a Twittery tw*t? ;) :lol:

Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:32 pm

Oh dear. Im sure the brothers will give him a warm welcome in prison.

No wonder the little c**t is sobbing.

Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:33 pm

I think all racism should be banned. All humans have the right to live without racial abuse. It is not their fault and ths may lower their self-esteem. I think jail is the right punishment. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :evil:

Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:33 pm

Paul Keevil wrote:I might be in the minority here but racist behavious, of any sort, is wrong and the punishment in this instance was fair according DJ John Charles.

Racist. :lol: agree totally.

Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:51 pm

What the kid did is stupid and very childish. I don't think many would disagree that he should be punished, however I think prison is taking it too far. I strongly believe that the punishment should fit the crime. In this case I think a long summer of community service, and also he should be made to go and apologise to Muamba in person and also be made to explain his actions.

However stupid he was I don't think locking him up is going to do much good. It does keep the baying masses happy though and that's what more important isn't it :roll:

Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:20 pm

harold pinta wrote:What the kid did is stupid and very childish. I don't think many would disagree that he should be punished, however I think prison is taking it too far. I strongly believe that the punishment should fit the crime. In this case I think a long summer of community service, and also he should be made to go and apologise to Muamba in person and also be made to explain his actions.

However stupid he was I don't think locking him up is going to do much good. It does keep the baying masses happy though and that's what more important isn't it :roll:

You are, I assume, aware of the tweets in question, right?

"HAHA F*** MUAMBA HE'S DEAD" was stupid and childish.

Replying to people calling him out on that "SUCK MUAMBA'S BLACK DICK AND GET AIDS", "GET BACK TO PICKING COTTON" funnily enough happened to be pretty racist...

Apologise to Muamba? Why? Why not, you know, apologise to those he racially abused?

Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:47 pm

I see the PC police are out in force tonight :roll:

Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:52 pm

polo wrote:I see the PC police are out in force tonight :roll:

Which side is the PC police?

The people intent on enforcing racism as a prison sentence or the people saying he doesn't deserve prison?

Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:57 pm

Is there any point in sending him to jail for 50 days lol? He will only do 25 days of that and with the prisons being so over crowded he will probs be out in a week or so on a tag, but that week or so will cost the tax payer 10s of thousands, to keep him safe etc in there! The lad was an idiot, a fine and a bit of probation would have done the trick instead of sending him to jail and more than likely ruining his career! The British justice system is a joke in my opinion!

Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:58 pm

nerd wrote:
harold pinta wrote:What the kid did is stupid and very childish. I don't think many would disagree that he should be punished, however I think prison is taking it too far. I strongly believe that the punishment should fit the crime. In this case I think a long summer of community service, and also he should be made to go and apologise to Muamba in person and also be made to explain his actions.

You are, I assume, aware of the tweets in question, right?

"HAHA F*** MUAMBA HE'S DEAD" was stupid and childish.

Replying to people calling him out on that "SUCK MUAMBA'S BLACK DICK AND GET AIDS", "GET BACK TO PICKING COTTON" funnily enough happened to be pretty racist...

Apologise to Muamba? Why? Why not, you know, apologise to those he racially abused?

Absolutely agree with your last point.

I think most of us will know one or two people in their lives that are a bit backwards as far as race is concerned, especially the older generation. In fact my boss comes out with some real crap sometimes, but his comments are so easy to belittle because I genuinely don't think he is actually racist, he is just as thick as pig shit.

I think the this lad is maybe like my boss, he comes out with any kind of crap, whether it's racist, homophobic or whatever just to get a reaction. This time he got more than he bargained for. I still think prison is a bit too much, although I won't shed any tears for the idiot.

However the good thing about his prison sentence of course, is that it may make others think twice.

Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:59 pm

Aramore wrote:

The people intent on enforcing racism as a prison sentence or the people saying he doesn't deserve prison?

wooah there, that's just going to blow their minds :lol:

Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:18 pm

Aramore wrote:

Lets prioritise here.

Whats worse? Making some drunken racist comment or touching kids?

Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:24 pm

polo wrote:
Aramore wrote:

Lets prioritise here.

Whats worse? Making some drunken racist comment or touching kids?

Oh my god, you are so liberal. It's pc gawn mad :lol:

Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:29 pm

Yeah. It's f*cking ridiculous.