Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The young guns (update?)

Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:04 am

Just wondering if we can have an update on what is happening with the youth of today :ayatollah:
Excellent inishative I'm proud to be apart of but haven't heard anything for a while and wondered how we are doing :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: The young guns (update?)

Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:29 am

Most are on the dole :lol:

Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:40 am

2blue2handle wrote:Just wondering if we can have an update on what is happening with the youth of today :ayatollah:
Excellent inishative I'm proud to be apart of but haven't heard anything for a while and wondered how we are doing :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Initiative ? ;)

Are you one of those people luke, that like to call passion Pashuuuuunnnn! :lol:

Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:33 am

2blue2handle wrote:Just wondering if we can have an update on what is happening with the youth of today :ayatollah:

We're still hanging around the corner of every street and outside of every shop trying to buy fags with our dole pay ;)

Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:59 pm

Merlin wrote:

Initiative ? ;)

Are you one of those people luke, that like to call passion Pashuuuuunnnn! :lol:

:oops:
I never knew what pashun meant for ages despite seeing if so often :lol:

Reading about the two new youngsters signing up made me think about it

Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:32 pm

Whats this about?

Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:35 pm

Luke,

Gwyn as chairman of the Young Guns will give you an update later on it. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:38 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Luke,

Gwyn as chairman of the Young Guns will give you an update later on it. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Good stuff :ayatollah:
The news on Tommy O'Sullivan signing for 5 years got me thinking about it.

bluewilba wrote:

Whats this about?

It was something the board set up about a year ago maybe, helping the kids at grass routes level :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:41 pm

ahhh tidy! Will look forward to a gander later.

Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:33 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Luke,

Good stuff :ayatollah:
The news on Tommy O'Sullivan signing for 5 years got me thinking about it.

bluewilba wrote:

Whats this about?

It was something the board set up about a year ago maybe, helping the kids at grass routes level :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Luke, our two latest players came through the development centre and academy. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:57 pm

With the likes of Ralls, Harris, Evans, O'Sullivan, Wharton etc coming through, the future looks bright and I hope to see a few of them breaking into the squad over the next 2-3 seasons. :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:00 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:With the likes of Ralls, Harris, Evans, O'Sullivan, Wharton etc coming through, the future looks bright and I hope to see a few of them breaking into the squad over the next 2-3 seasons. :ayatollah:

Thats what I like to see. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:48 pm

The Development centres are a joke sorry to say just money spinners for the club run by students. :twisted:

Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:21 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:With the likes of Ralls, Harris, Evans, O'Sullivan, Wharton etc coming through, the future looks bright and I hope to see a few of them breaking into the squad over the next 2-3 seasons. :ayatollah:

I think the Young Guns idea was a very good one (even though it ran into a few spelling problems early on :D ;) ) and wish it every success. Hopefully Gwyn`s update later will clarify where its got to so far.

Not sure that any of the names you list are as a result of the Development system below the Academy level though , as Ralls and Harris certainly came from other clubs - did the other 3 as well or have they always been Academy boys?

But if the level below Academy works properly it may provide 1 or 2 players a year who are good enough to move up to Academy level and the Academy itself might produce 1 or 2 for the first team squad (though probably not every season).

Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:46 pm

this issue of youth was the worst aspect of 'moans's' days here - at least we have a Manager now who will give youth a chance :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:36 pm

Not sure that any of the names you list are as a result of the Development system below the Academy level though , as Ralls and Harris certainly came from other clubs - did the other 3 as well or have they always been Academy boys?

Don't think anyone is suggesting the young guns idea was linked to those players coming through, the topic just moved on to general chat about the youth policy of the club :ayatollah: