Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Will not signing a striker...

Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:05 pm

In January or the loan market come back to haunt us?

As bad a run as weve been on we are still right in there as no-one apart from reading and southampton seem to want it.

By all accounts we played a lot better on Sunday than recent matches but still lacked a cutting edge.

If we are to make playoffs then the strikers need to get their shooting boots on starting this Saturday.

:ayatollah:

Re: Will not signing a striker...

Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:09 pm

polo wrote:In January or the loan market come back to haunt us?

As bad a run as weve been on we are still right in there as no-one apart from reading and southampton seem to want it.

By all accounts we played a lot better on Sunday than recent matches but still lacked a cutting edge.

If we are to make playoffs then the strikers need to get their shooting boots on starting this Saturday.

Been hinting that all season. Think it will be our downfall.

Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:10 pm

Yes.

We were much improved on Sunday Chris and if we can take that performance in to the game against Millwall then I would fancy us to turn them over.

Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:11 pm

[quote="polo"]In January or the loan market come back to haunt us?

They got their boots on, just not on the feet L & R is usefull :lol:

Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:11 pm

I think the problem has been the midfield form tbh.

Ideally we would have signed a winger and striker like MM tried to sign but it's not to be. No team scares me if our current players can get some form back

Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:15 pm

carlccfc wrote:

Yes.
We were much improved on Sunday Chris and if we can take that performance in to the game against Millwall then I would fancy us to turn them over.

Lets hope so. Hopefully a couple of games out might have done Miller some good.

Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:18 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I think the problem has been the midfield form tbh.

Ideally we would have signed a winger and striker like MM tried to sign but it's not to be. No team scares me if our current players can get some form back

At home I would like to see Mason in the hole behind Miller.

Whitts left, Gunar and Mcphail middle, Lawrence right.

Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:19 pm

polo wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

Yes.

Lets hope so. Hopefully a couple of games out might have done Miller some good.

I think it will have given him the impetus to do well and score some goals in the next few games :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:20 pm

polo wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:I think the problem has been the midfield form tbh.

At home I would like to see Mason in the hole behind Miller.

Whitts left, Gunar and Mcphail middle, Lawrence right.

I def think mason needs to play along side miller. Earnie and rudy are fine as subs for now but lack quality.

Only difference for me would be Conway for Lawrence