Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Team spirit and players reactions during our 'slump'

Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:49 pm

One of the 'glass half full' points I've taken from our recent indifferent form is the reaction the players have displayed within the media and the seemingly tight team spirit.

Andrew Taylor is the latest player to be interviewed and mirror those team mates of his interviewed before him by stating the players are gutted about the results, but theyre all sticking together and working hard to put it right in order to keep the promotion dream alive.

It's something we expect the manager to state and to a certain extent is stating the obvious from a player's perspective as well. However with this current group of lads you get a feel that it is totally genuine and they honestly value the jersey, but more importantly BELIEVE and always have believed promotion is still theirs for the taking, and crucially they believe they have all the credentials + the unity to achieve it.

This considered, and the result/performance from yesterday, I would maybe go as far as saying the ship has been steered through the storm and bright lights are ahead. If the players believe it, then I'm of the opinion it's our obligation to believe also and fully support them. Millwall is going to be a cracker...with the sun out as well should be a great occasion.

Re: Team spirit and players reactions during our 'slump'

Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:34 pm

Interviews are one thing as they can so easily be spun. The true reflection of the good team spirit is on Twitter where the players are always really positive.

On Twitter, you get their feelings straight from the horses mouth so to speak and even players like Paul Quinn and Dekel Keinan are positive about the team.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: