Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Additional charges!? Bit Naughty?

Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:05 pm

I have just filled in my season ticket application form and I just think that being charged 13.50 for the privilege is a bit naughty. Last year it was 2.50 extra for the reproduced card. This year they want a £5 for delivery and another £5 for "admin fee". I don't know if these extra charges are justified and I think it's a bit of a slap in the face. The strange thing is there is no additional £5 fee if you do the 10 month option (as it that costsfor the credit). But regardless of what option you choose to pay for there is surely the same amount of admin involved???!!

It seems to me that they are attempting to make money out of the interest free option.

The 2.50 card is now 3.50 that's fair enough. But basically it seems a bit sneaky to me.

Re: Additional charges!? Bit Naughty?

Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:20 pm

that's what we get for having a price freeze ;-)

tesco don't ask me to pay extra for the shelf stacker...

Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:31 am

Cymruguy2011 wrote:I have just filled in my season ticket application form and I just think that being charged 13.50 for the privilege is a bit naughty. Last year it was 2.50 extra for the reproduced card. This year they want a £5 for delivery and another £5 for "admin fee". I don't know if these extra charges are justified and I think it's a bit of a slap in the face. The strange thing is there is no additional £5 fee if you do the 10 month option (as it that costsfor the credit). But regardless of what option you choose to pay for there is surely the same amount of admin involved???!!

It seems to me that they are attempting to make money out of the interest free option.

The 2.50 card is now 3.50 that's fair enough. But basically it seems a bit sneaky to me.

wasnt happy with 13.50 charge either... 5quid to post my card, 5 quid for 5month option and 3.50 for card... dont think they could find anything else to charge for.... ;)

Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:09 am

I think its perfectly fair.......£5 to post recorded delivery, when infact Royal Mail charges £5.75.

£5 for taking out the monthly payments, when its the club that has underwritten your loan from Zebra finance.

Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:55 am

£3.50 for the card is a joke.

The other charges do seem reasonable enough to me.

Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:25 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:I think its perfectly fair.......£5 to post recorded delivery, when infact Royal Mail charges £5.75.

£5 for taking out the monthly payments, when its the club that has underwritten your loan from Zebra finance.

No where near £5.75 for recorded delivery, it will cost about £1.50 and last year we were not charged any admin on the 5 month loan I think its a total rip off.

Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:33 pm

canton blue wrote:
CraigCCFC wrote:I think its perfectly fair.......£5 to post recorded delivery, when infact Royal Mail charges £5.75.

No where near £5.75 for recorded delivery, it will cost about £1.50 and last year we were not charged any admin on the 5 month loan I think its a total rip off.

I think your way off for recorded delivery of an item worth 300- £600

Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:16 am

Recorded delivery is only used when the item being posted costs less than the postage itself.

Tickets and suchlike use special delivery, where the charges are these:

Up to £500 is £5.45 (for those who cant be arsed with the link)

http://www.royalmail.com/delivery/busin ... day/prices