Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Away v Home Atmosphere

Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:59 pm

great atmosphere up in birmingham today, made hell of a noise (well seemed it from where i was standing, don't know what it sounded like on the radio?) but what i don't understand is how 1,000 cardiff fans can make such a big noise while 23,000 doesn't even make half that noise?

something really needs to be done at the CCS to improve the atmosphere! i know the drum has been brought in and it does help at times to get it going, but once it starts to play everyone just relies on that to start everything off all the time! we also know the club have made canton 'the singing stand' but maybe they should just make 2 or 3 sections of the canton the main area for all the singers, that should start some noise off! should also stop people from having to sit down tbh, it's not a cinema :lol:

these are just my opinions, not saying they would work and not saying they're right, just saying what i feel! :D :ayatollah:

Re: Away v Home Atmosphere

Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:14 pm

Unfortunately I cant get a season ticket next year, but for the 2013/14 season i'll be getting one by the away fans. They stand and sing over there, and have a little banter with the away fans. If more people would do that it would be awesome. With a bit of noise coming from one section (Canton) it can be dire in the CCS, but when 117/118 get going, it gives a 'surround sound' effect which is amazing. And some people in the Ninian will want to join in then :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:00 am

I listened to the radio, our fans were great. :ayatollah:
They should also make 116/117 a singing section, does my head in when we all get told to sit down when it goes quiet. We definitely need more fans over here who want to sing, the Palace semi-final home leg proved that the CCS can have an amazing atmosphere with half of the Ninian Stand singing as well as the Canton.. all we need is two blocks that are allowed to stand (by the away section). Our first season at the CCS was great until the club decided that only the Canton was the "singing section", I blame whoever came up with that idea for our poor atmosphere at home.

Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:13 am

JonCCFC wrote:I listened to the radio, our fans were great. :ayatollah:
They should also make 116/117 a singing section, does my head in when we all get told to sit down when it goes quiet. We definitely need more fans over here who want to sing, the Palace semi-final home leg proved that the CCS can have an amazing atmosphere with half of the Ninian Stand singing as well as the Canton.. all we need is two blocks that are allowed to stand (by the away section). Our first season at the CCS was great until the club decided that only the Canton was the "singing section", I blame whoever came up with that idea for our poor atmosphere at home.

Agreed. The first season at the CCS was way better than the seasons since, in terms of atmosphere. It's really died since then. Not many games this season when we've had the place really bouncing.

Only 4 home games left before the play-offs, so I hope we can lift the team enough to reach them.