Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Praise for Mcphail at Ninian was non existant !!!!

Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:22 pm

i remember many times at Ninian , fans used to boo him and call him steve Mc FAIL . :(

Re: Praise for Mcphail at Ninian was non existant !!!!

Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:24 pm

I remember this too people were saying he's just not good enough for Cardiff and things like this now imo we play better with him. :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:30 pm

Scruffy wrote:I remember this too people were saying he's just not good enough for Cardiff and things like this now imo we play better with him. :ayatollah:

He's always been a class player , you don't play in a champions League semi final if your not a class player. He was once compared to the great Liam Brady ...
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
i hope we can keep him fit for the rest of the season .....

Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:31 pm

i was one at the time but this season he has proved me wrong well done steve you have made a big improvement to our team since you have returned keep it up and get us to the play offs :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:35 pm

He wasn't!! but i must say his game has improved , only for this illness to take over him. Hope that explains why he used to be called Mcfail

Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:43 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:He wasn't!! but i must say his game has improved , only for this illness to take over him. Hope that explains why he used to be called Mcfail

playing with gavin rae didn't help :lol:

Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:44 pm

It was after the Derby defeat and his two sending offs that caused people to slate him

No doubt, he is a great Footballer

Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:45 pm

eighty_8 wrote:It was after the Derby defeat and his two sending offs that caused people to slate him

Yeah against Swansea....................The fooking tw*t :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:50 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
eighty_8 wrote:It was after the Derby defeat and his two sending offs that caused people to slate him

Yeah against Swansea....................The fooking tw*t :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kicking that feckin' ball away aswell :lol:

Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:58 pm

Scruffy wrote:I remember this too people were saying he's just not good enough for Cardiff and things like this now imo we play better with him. :ayatollah:

We always have played better with him.

The problem was that he did 2 stupid things in games against the Jerks and then everyone got on his back.

In my view, it was because of the unhealthy inetrest we've got in all things Jerks that caused people to concentrate on these mistakes, rather than realise he was such a classy player generally.

If we keep him fit, we could yet get up this season :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:28 pm

He has always been excellent for us, some people don't get him because he doesn't score and doesn't run around like a headless chicken. A unique player and massive for us.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:35 pm

to be honest I have been worried about mcphail because he's 32 or 33 even, and with this illness I feared the worse for his career, but hes doing great.

May I also point out, he doesnt do alot of running, or rely on pace, that might be a big factor in getting a few extra years out of him, as he wont lose much of his game

Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:51 pm

It was because under Jones we played 4-4-2 and he is too weak a player to play as central midfielder alongside a.n.other.
Malky's system suits his game a lot better As Macca has never been an up and down type central midfielder as he has never had the pace to do so.
Holding role just sitting is more his game. :ayatollah: