Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Cardiff FC

Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:30 pm

All well and good, but when someone in America or other countries are trying to decide on a team, and they have some affinity to Wales they are going to choose Cardiff just like I did. I am certain the Swans have fans over seas....but your argument has been based on potential. You are the one who started it.
To me the sleeping giant fits Cardiff. Large city, large population, capitol, tourist location, all these things add up. It's like 1+1 makes 2. If and when the Bluebirds make the Prem, their fanbase will overwhlem yours, it's not personal it's just simple math.

So what your saying is Chelsea are bigger than Utd.. Arsenal are Bigger than Liverpool.. Roma are bigger than the Milan clubs and Juventus? just because the City has a bigger population and it's the Capital? and you can predict the future as well now? you are more delusional than i thought

Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:34 pm

waddle wrote:
greenlawler wrote:
WestWhite wrote:
greenlawler wrote:
WestWhite wrote:
greenlawler wrote:Just want to add....people in other countries know where Cardiff is and they know about Cardiff the city. That cannot do anything but help.

Most people have no clue who or what Swansea is. I didn't until I started following football two years ago, and I excelled at geography in school.

I know we don't get shown across the globe like Cardiff FC of course.. you are so massive time :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

More so than Swansea...fact.

You are one delusional Bluebird if you think so

Okay I am delusional then fine, your the one who cannot handle reality.

I am actually someone who has never lived in Europe but I and the people I know, we know Cardiff, I have friends who vacation there. I learned about Cardiff in school because it's a capitol. Cardiff has a larger population, I studied about the team and found out there is a large contingent of international Bluebirds. These things cannot be said about your Swans. No offense mate, I don't really hate you guys....I don't live near you. I am just telling you what I know.

yeah but your talking about the city not the football team , i think if you asked a thousand americans what league ccfc play in they would look at you stupid agree or disagree

yes but if you asked the same thousand americans what a football looked like they would describe something not too dissimilar from a rugby ball
if you asked them what league swansea were in they would look at you stupid as well

Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:38 pm

WestWhite wrote:
All well and good, but when someone in America or other countries are trying to decide on a team, and they have some affinity to Wales they are going to choose Cardiff just like I did. I am certain the Swans have fans over seas....but your argument has been based on potential. You are the one who started it.
To me the sleeping giant fits Cardiff. Large city, large population, capitol, tourist location, all these things add up. It's like 1+1 makes 2. If and when the Bluebirds make the Prem, their fanbase will overwhlem yours, it's not personal it's just simple math.

So what your saying is Chelsea are bigger than Utd.. Arsenal are Bigger than Liverpool.. Roma are bigger than the Milan clubs and Juventus? just because the City has a bigger population and it's the Capital? and you can predict the future as well now? you are more delusional than i thought

No you asked the question, obviously I cannot predict the future, I provided you with why I believe this. You think I am wrong that's fine. I think time will tell whose right. Why did you ask the question in the first place if you did not really want to know?

Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:40 pm

"yes but if you asked the same thousand americans what a football looked like they would describe something not too dissimilar from a rugby ball
if you asked them what league swansea were in they would look at you stupid as well"

And then they would ask..... what is a swansea?
Last edited by greenlawler on Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:41 pm

It really does hurt don't it :ayatollah: .. getting over taken by your cousins down the road and you know it 8-) .. straw clutching onto anything it must be hurting to be a bluebird at this time (all grinding your teeth and dribbling at the screen in frustration after reading this post) it's ok you still have your :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:48 pm

WestWhite wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:
LutonBluebird wrote:
WestWhite wrote:As a Swans fan i genuinely want to know your views on how big you think Cardiff can be? as in fan base wise? and how far can you go if you reach the prem? and don't say Bigger than what Swansea will ever be

Bigger than what the Jacks will ever be :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:lol:

This one reminds me of when a caveman hits another caveman and they both start laughing at each other

Feck me where do you live :? :? :?

Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:50 pm

greenlawler wrote:
WestWhite wrote:

No you asked the question, obviously I cannot predict the future, I provided you with why I believe this. You think I am wrong that's fine. I think time will tell whose right. Why did you ask the question in the first place if you did not really want to know?

So by your reckoning if Cardiff make the prem (which they probably won't..50 years and ticking) you will be a sleeping giant because Cardiff is a Capital City has a huge population (which it doesn't really) and therefore will be as big as Barcelona and will have more global recognition and more fans from different countries than Swansea because they are a bigger city.. i thought fans pick teams because of there style of play and how good they are not by how big a Capital City is in a different Country

Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:07 pm

WestWhite wrote:
greenlawler wrote:
WestWhite wrote:

So by your reckoning if Cardiff make the prem (which they probably won't..50 years and ticking) you will be a sleeping giant because Cardiff is a Capital City has a huge population (which it doesn't really) and therefore will be as big as Barcelona and will have more global recognition and more fans from different countries than Swansea because they are a bigger city.. i thought fans pick teams because of there style of play and how good they are not by how big a Capital City is in a different Country

If you don't think the population, world wide knowledge and tourism play a part in the fanbase of a club, well nevermind you are not going to understand. I guess I will leave it at this...You can come to your own conclusions, you clearly have. It does not matter what anyone says. You asked the question just to come on here and have a laugh. So what you really should have said in the original post was.....

In my opinion Cardiff is not a sleeping giant, i just want you to waste your time reading my post. Becuase I will not reseaonable thought process, I will put words in your mouth, and jump to conclusions. I will also accuse you of being delussional when you use any logic. Now please post so I can commence with the non-sense....

Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:15 pm

Greenlawler I think you have answered his question, the problem is, he seems to have forgotten his original question.

Swansea have done fantastic none of us can deny this. But like for like in the same division doing as well as each other we all know who has the most potential and as Greenlawler said our global notoriety as a capital city can only help.

As for the the arguement AGAINST population being a measure, you cannot compare the London population only a division of it by the number of clubs there.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:20 pm

[/quote]

So by your reckoning if Cardiff make the prem (which they probably won't..(You very much hope we don't) you will be a sleeping giant because Cardiff is a Capital City has a huge population (which is bigger than Swansea) and therefore will be as big as Barcelona (your words not ours)and will have more global recognition and more fans from different countries than Swansea because they are a bigger city..(most prob, yes) i thought fans pick teams because of there style of play and how good they are not by how big a Capital City is in a different Country(you have to know a team exists before you can pick it)[/quote]

Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:21 pm

WestWhite wrote:It really does hurt don't it :ayatollah: .. getting over taken by your cousins down the road and you know it 8-) .. straw clutching onto anything it must be hurting to be a bluebird at this time (all grinding your teeth and dribbling at the screen in frustration after reading this post) it's ok you still have your :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

to be honest it feels good to be a bluebird at this time. And it's Cardiff CITY FC :roll:
Greenlawer is actually quite right a lot of people don't know where Wales is never mind Swansea or Cardiff but if they do a lot know where Cardiff is basically because it's the capital you are more likley to have herd of Madrid than Valencia for example.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:21 pm

Wayne S wrote:Greenlawler I think you have answered his question, the problem is, he seems to have forgotten his original question.

Swansea have done fantastic none of us can deny this. But like for like in the same division doing as well as each other we all know who has the most potential and as Greenlawler said our global notoriety as a capital city can only help.

As for the the arguement AGAINST population being a measure, you cannot compare the London population only a division of it by the number of clubs there.

Spot on Wayne. :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:28 pm

WestWhite wrote:It really does hurt don't it :ayatollah: .. getting over taken by your cousins down the road and you know it 8-) .. straw clutching onto anything it must be hurting to be a bluebird at this time (all grinding your teeth and dribbling at the screen in frustration after reading this post) it's ok you still have your :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

greenlawler has put you in your place. Everything he has said i agree with but you cannot accept it. This thread is hurting you more than anyone else.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:30 pm

If you want to get an idea of the compared potential IGNORING any international recognition, split the following list between the two clubs and you start to get the idea.

I make it about 1.5million compared to 750k and that is discounting Merthyr and Newport. I split Rhondda because I'm feeling generous and gave Swansea Powys.

Rank District Population Style
1 Cardiff 341,100 City and county
2 Rhondda Cynon Taff 234,300 County borough
3 Swansea 232,500 City and county
4 Carmarthenshire 180,700 County
5 Caerphilly 173,100 County borough
7 Newport 141,300 City and county
8 Neath Port Talbot 137,400 County borough
9 Bridgend 134,600 County borough
11 Powys 131,300 County
12 Vale of Glamorgan 125,000 County borough
14 Pembrokeshire 117,100 County
17 Torfaen 90,500 County borough
18 Monmouthshire 88,100 County
21 Blaenau Gwent 68,400 County borough
22 Merthyr Tydfil 55,700 County borough

Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:31 pm

SBF1 wrote:

So by your reckoning if Cardiff make the prem (which they probably won't..(You very much hope we don't) you will be a sleeping giant because Cardiff is a Capital City has a huge population (which is bigger than Swansea) and therefore will be as big as Barcelona (your words not ours)and will have more global recognition and more fans from different countries than Swansea because they are a bigger city..(most prob, yes) i thought fans pick teams because of there style of play and how good they are not by how big a Capital City is in a different Country(you have to know a team exists before you can pick it)[/quote][/quote]

i want you to make it in the prem.. a derby in the prem will be good. Cardiff is bigger than Swansea yes.. but it doesn't mean because your population is bigger than ours your support will be bigger than ours.. there is probably more fans in london supporting Utd than supporting Chelsea.. how will you have more global recognition if we were in the same league?.. well if we are in the same league im 100% sure they will know both of us and will choose whichever team they like

Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:33 pm

Wayne S wrote:If you want to get an idea of the compared potential IGNORING any international recognition, split the following list between the two clubs and you start to get the idea.

I make it about 1.5million compared to 750k and that is discounting Merthyr and Newport. I split Rhondda because I'm feeling generous and gave Swansea Powys.

Rank District Population Style
1 Cardiff 341,100 City and county
2 Rhondda Cynon Taff 234,300 County borough
3 Swansea 232,500 City and county
4 Carmarthenshire 180,700 County
5 Caerphilly 173,100 County borough
7 Newport 141,300 City and county
8 Neath Port Talbot 137,400 County borough
9 Bridgend 134,600 County borough
11 Powys 131,300 County
12 Vale of Glamorgan 125,000 County borough
14 Pembrokeshire 117,100 County
17 Torfaen 90,500 County borough
18 Monmouthshire 88,100 County
21 Blaenau Gwent 68,400 County borough
22 Merthyr Tydfil 55,700 County borough

Half of Rhondda being Jacks you mean? its 99% blue here. Aberdare has a few. Very generous indeed.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:36 pm

WestWhite wrote:
SBF1 wrote:

So by your reckoning if Cardiff make the prem (which they probably won't..(You very much hope we don't) you will be a sleeping giant because Cardiff is a Capital City has a huge population (which is bigger than Swansea) and therefore will be as big as Barcelona (your words not ours)and will have more global recognition and more fans from different countries than Swansea because they are a bigger city..(most prob, yes) i thought fans pick teams because of there style of play and how good they are not by how big a Capital City is in a different Country(you have to know a team exists before you can pick it)
[/quote]

i want you to make it in the prem.. a derby in the prem will be good. Cardiff is bigger than Swansea yes.. but it doesn't mean because your population is bigger than ours your support will be bigger than ours.. there is probably more fans in london supporting Utd than supporting Chelsea.. how will you have more global recognition if we were in the same league?.. well if we are in the same league im 100% sure they will know both of us and will choose whichever team they like[/quote]

Like I have stated more than once in this thread, put up our respective attendances over the last 11 years and compare.

You won't though, as you can't hold a candle to us. :D :D :D :D :D :D

Bigger than the GYPOS will ever be !!

Dear me i think only Cardiff fans think if you have a bigger population you will get more fans and be the bigger club.. and this will have an effect on the global stage.. f*cking all mentalists! it's what you do on the pitch that attracts fans not Cities by population

Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:38 pm

WestWhite wrote:As a Swans fan i genuinely want to know your views on how big you think Cardiff can be? as in fan base wise? and how far can you go if you reach the prem? and don't say Bigger than what Swansea will ever be

f**k off you little prick :old:

Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:40 pm

seanmogs wrote:
Half of Rhondda being Jacks you mean? its 99% blue here. Aberdare has a few. Very generous indeed.

I know just didn't want to give him any room for manoeuvre in the figures. Imagine if I had given us all the Rhondda, Merthyr, more of Neath/Port Talbot and Newport. Without League football we probably share Newport with Liverpool :D

Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:41 pm

WestWhite wrote:Dear me i think only Cardiff fans think if you have a bigger population you will get more fans and be the bigger club.. and this will have an effect on the global stage.. f*cking all mentalists! it's what you do on the pitch that attracts fans not Cities by population

Sorry we spoke Chief Gypo :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:41 pm

The Term 'sleeping giant' means potential of the club if it were to make it to the top tier
It's not an unrealistic term showing ignorance, our catchment area, number of people on fan data-base can back up our possibilities
We are not, and have not said, we could be as big as Barca :lol:
That's your words, and of course, as your tenth in the Prem, you are clearly on a Footballing Par with the European Champions :lol:
But they are possibilities of course, we have to get to the Prem first (easier said than done or us :lol: )

Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:43 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Bigger than the GYPOS will ever be !!

in what way? leagues? 1 cup (90 years ago)? this massive fan base (which is non existent).. i like to argue these points because you all say it as if it is a nailed on fact.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:44 pm

You ask this question on a Cardiff City forum?

What the hell did you expect everyone to say?

All you pikey's should be banned as you're ruining this forum with threads that quite frankly bore the shit out of me. Couldn't care a toss about swansea and how they are doing. Would we be afforded the same courtesy as you're given here on planet ifuckmysister...no
Last edited by CraigCCFC on Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WestWhite wrote:

in what way? leagues? 1 cup (90 years ago)? this massive fan base (which is non existent).. i like to argue these points because you all say it as if it is a nailed on fact.

Alright Chief i wouldn't of said anything if i knew you was going to get so upset :o

WestWhite wrote:Dear me i think only Cardiff fans think if you have a bigger population you will get more fans and be the bigger club.. and this will have an effect on the global stage.. f*cking all mentalists! it's what you do on the pitch that attracts fans not Cities by population

You will need to be playing very well over a very, very long time.
You are having a good season, but it is only form. That can change very quickly (players and managers going for example)
I remember the last time you were in the top flight, never lasted long and the fans soon disappeared.

Big city like Leeds and Sheffield although are lower league than you are far bigger clubs than yours will ever be.

Prove me wrong....you can't.

Oh and by the way..Like I have stated more than once in this thread, put up our respective attendances over the last 11 years and compare.

You won't though, as you can't hold a candle to us. :D :D :D

Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:48 pm

no mate global recogination is what get you fans, how can you follow a team where you've never herd of the city. :?

And if supporting Cardiff means a mentalist put me away now :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:48 pm

WestWhite wrote:

If you go on History, which most clubs do, we Spent a lot more years (over 12) in the Top tier. More Honours. Bigger fan base. Bigger attendances (i understand the Bigger ground arguments but it's still fact)

Yes, you're in the Prem which brings the bragging rights.

Just because you're in a higher leage, it doesn't make you a bigger club...
Are Wigan bigger than Leeds??

Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:49 pm

Mate you are arguing your own case in OUR favour. If its what you do on the pitch, your question was about us in the Prem, ergo we would be doing pretty well on the pitch. :lol:

So to put it simple for you. Both in the Prem, both with similar results, the only thing to add in order to get an idea of potential is population and perhaps the popularity of rugby in each region.

What I will give you is that, the longer you stay in the Prem without us going up, the bigger you will get and be bigger than us, however when we are like for like there is only one winner.