Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff FC

Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:56 pm

As a Swans fan i genuinely want to know your views on how big you think Cardiff can be? as in fan base wise? and how far can you go if you reach the prem? and don't say Bigger than what Swansea will ever be

Re: Cardiff FC

Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:57 pm

WestWhite wrote:As a Swans fan i genuinely want to know your views on how big you think Cardiff can be? as in fan base wise? and how far can you go if you reach the prem? and don't say Bigger than what Swansea will ever be

Bigger than what the Jacks will ever be :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:58 pm

LutonBluebird wrote:
WestWhite wrote:As a Swans fan i genuinely want to know your views on how big you think Cardiff can be? as in fan base wise? and how far can you go if you reach the prem? and don't say Bigger than what Swansea will ever be

:lol:

Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:00 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:
LutonBluebird wrote:

:lol:

This one reminds me of when a caveman hits another caveman and they both start laughing at each other

Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:06 pm

Population of Cardiff: 325,000

Population of Swansea: 232,000

We also have a higher average attendance than you and have done.... Well forever!!!

You will never be as big as us, the numbers don't lie.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:14 pm

12thMan wrote:

We also have a higher average attendance than you and have done.... Well forever!!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

ever heard of a bigger stadium? i could use the same logic when we both went to wembley

Swansea - 43,000
Cardiff - 38,000

Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:21 pm

WestWhite wrote:
12thMan wrote:

ever heard of a bigger stadium? i could use the same logic when we both went to wembley

Swansea - 43,000
Cardiff - 38,000

My Dad's bigger than your Dad. Blah, blah, blah. What a boring post, Jacky Boy.

We are Cardiff City F.C.

This is www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk

Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:21 pm

WestWhite wrote:
12thMan wrote:

Swansea - 43,000
Cardiff - 38,000

We got given a lower allocation due to club Wembley and sponsers.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:26 pm

adz-a32 wrote:
WestWhite wrote:
12thMan wrote:

Swansea - 43,000
Cardiff - 38,000

i know that but read it again and compare it to 12thman's post

Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:31 pm

WestWhite wrote:
adz-a32 wrote:
WestWhite wrote:
12thMan wrote:

Swansea - 43,000
Cardiff - 38,000

Where are you going with this Fam?

The numbers don't lie!!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:40 pm

12thMan wrote:
WestWhite wrote:
adz-a32 wrote:
WestWhite wrote:
12thMan wrote:

Swansea - 43,000
Cardiff - 38,000

Where are you going with this Fam?

The numbers don't lie!!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

i am saying there is not a fair assessment on this Cardiff City have more fans than Swansea City bollocks..

Liberty Stadium - 20,532 - average attendance for swans games 20,000 and home sell outs

Cardiff City Stadium - 26,828 - average attendance for cardiff games 22/23,000 (that's dubious aswell)

Wembley Stadium - 90,000

Swans allocation - 43,000 - 43,000 sold

Cardiff allocation - 38,000 - 38,000 sold

you see the similarities now?

Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:51 pm

WestWhite wrote:i am saying there is not a fair assessment on this Cardiff City have more fans than Swansea City bollocks..

Liberty Stadium - 20,532 - average attendance for swans games 20,000 and home sell outs

Cardiff City Stadium - 26,828 - average attendance for cardiff games 22/23,000 (that's dubious aswell)

Wembley Stadium - 90,000

Swans allocation - 43,000 - 43,000 sold

Cardiff allocation - 38,000 - 38,000 sold

you see the similarities now?

43,000 :? I thought it was 40,000 :?

Ours was roughly 36,000 as well. Have you checked these figures at all?

And why did ourselves and Blackpool get significantly less than what yourselves and Reading did?

Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:53 pm

On a level playing field and all things equal, you cannot hold a candle to CCFC. ;)

Please remind us all of your attendances for the last 11 seasons.
I could do it, but would love you to post it. :D :D

When we are in the same division you have been and always will be second :ayatollah:

:D :D :D

Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:00 pm

Just want to add....people in other countries know where Cardiff is and they know about Cardiff the city. That cannot do anything but help.

Most people have no clue who or what Swansea is. I didn't until I started following football two years ago, and I excelled at geography in school.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:00 pm

nope i didn't check it but i knew we had 40k plus and you had 35k plus..

im just questioning the sleeping giant status of Cardiff FC (only Cardiff fans think they are sleeping giants though)

Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:01 pm

greenlawler wrote:Just want to add....people in other countries know where Cardiff is and they know about Cardiff the city. That cannot do anything but help.

Most people have no clue who or what Swansea is. I didn't until I started following football two years ago, and I excelled at geography in school.

Exactly.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:02 pm

greenlawler wrote:Just want to add....people in other countries know where Cardiff is and they know about Cardiff the city. That cannot do anything but help.

I know we don't get shown across the globe like Cardiff FC of course.. you are so massive time :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

and anyway im talking football not geographical city's.. it's obvious Cardiff are more recognised than swansea they are the capital of wales
Last edited by WestWhite on Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:03 pm

WestWhite wrote:

I know we don't get shown across the globe like Cardiff FC of course.. you are so massive time :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

More so than Swansea...fact.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:04 pm

greenlawler wrote:
WestWhite wrote:

You are one delusional Bluebird if you think so

Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:07 pm

WestWhite wrote:
greenlawler wrote:
WestWhite wrote:

The stats of your last 11 years attendance please Mr White? :D :D :D :D

Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:09 pm

WestWhite wrote:
greenlawler wrote:
WestWhite wrote:

Go and play with the traffic scum you will always be under the shadow of Cardiff city your city's a dump, highest rate of heroin addicts, scum residents, and your grandfather is your dad

Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:09 pm

WestWhite wrote:
greenlawler wrote:
WestWhite wrote:

Okay I am delusional then fine, your the one who cannot handle reality.

I am actually someone who has never lived in Europe but I and the people I know, we know Cardiff, I have friends who vacation there. I learned about Cardiff in school because it's a capitol. Cardiff has a larger population, I studied about the team and found out there is a large contingent of international Bluebirds. These things cannot be said about your Swans. No offense mate, I don't really hate you guys....I don't live near you. I am just telling you what I know.

and people outside of the GBR have no clue who you are.
Last edited by greenlawler on Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:10 pm

SBF1 wrote:
WestWhite wrote:
greenlawler wrote:
WestWhite wrote:

What has 11 years of attendances got to do with Global recognition between Swansea FC and Cardiff FC

Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:10 pm

most americans don't even know where wales is never mind cardiff ,

cardiff the global brand :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:12 pm

waddle wrote:

most americans don't even know where wales is never mind cardiff ,

cardiff the global brand :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wow it's impressive that you know America so well.
Last edited by greenlawler on Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:13 pm

greenlawler wrote:
WestWhite wrote:
greenlawler wrote:
WestWhite wrote:

I am actually someone who has never lived in Europe but I and the people I know, we know Cardiff, I have friends who vacation there. I learned about Cardiff in school because it's a capitol. Cardiff has a larger population, I studied about the team and found out there is a large contingent of international Bluebirds. These things cannot be said about your Swans. No offense mate, I don't really hate you guys....I don't live near you. I am just telling you what I know.

yeah but your talking about the city not the football team , i think if you asked a thousand americans what league ccfc play in they would look at you stupid agree or disagree

Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:14 pm

greenlawler wrote:
WestWhite wrote:
greenlawler wrote:
WestWhite wrote:

Are you talking about Cardiff the City? or Cardiff the Football Club? because im talking about the football clubs.. i know Cardiff as a City get more Recognised as a city but as a football club they are not even close to Swansea.. and btw we have fan clubs from holland, sweden, spain, carlilse, london, Iceland

Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:17 pm

WestWhite wrote:
SBF1 wrote:
WestWhite wrote:
greenlawler wrote:
WestWhite wrote:

What has 11 years of attendances got to do with Global recognition between Swansea FC and Cardiff FC

Your original post.........""onely want to know your views on how big you think Cardiff can be? as in fan base wise? and how far can you go if you reach the prem? and don't say Bigger than what Swansea will ever be""

My view is when on a level playing field we are a bigger club than you.

Simples. ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:18 pm

WestWhite wrote:
greenlawler wrote:
WestWhite wrote:
greenlawler wrote:
WestWhite wrote:

Are you talking about Cardiff the City? or Cardiff the Football Club? because im talking about the football clubs.. i know Cardiff as a City get more Recognised as a city but as a football club they are not even close to Swansea.. and btw we have fan clubs from holland, sweden, spain, carlilse, london, Iceland

Oh no....not Carlisle!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:19 pm

WestWhite wrote:
greenlawler wrote:
WestWhite wrote:
greenlawler wrote:
WestWhite wrote:

All well and good, but when someone in America or other countries are trying to decide on a team, and they have some affinity to Wales they are going to choose Cardiff just like I did. I am certain the Swans have fans over seas....but your argument has been based on potential. You are the one who started it.
To me the sleeping giant fits Cardiff. Large city, large population, capitol, tourist location, all these things add up. It's like 1+1 makes 2. If and when the Bluebirds make the Prem, their fanbase will overwhlem yours, it's not personal it's just simple math.