Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " YOU CANT FAULT THEM TODAY "

Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:54 pm

Forever Blue wrote:What I will say was,Birmingham were there for the taking,but when you continue to play one upfront, your not going to worry them to much,we hardly had a shot on target first half. We battled thats what we did.
Mason was knackered.

But then if he had changed it to 4-4-2 and we lost our way, people would have said why did he change the shape when we were dominating?

Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:18 pm

milly44 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:What I will say was,Birmingham were there for the taking,but when you continue to play one upfront, your not going to worry them to much,we hardly had a shot on target first half. We battled thats what we did.
Mason was knackered.

But then if he had changed it to 4-4-2 and we lost our way, people would have said why did he change the shape when we were dominating?

Milly, I have to disagree, playing one upfront is becoming costly in my opinion, 2 wins in our last 12 games says it all and you would think we would there for be good in defence conceded 50 goals in the league this season. :shock:
But what I do praise Malky for is his motivation/non stop battling and his desire and passion for the game. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:18 pm

milly44 wrote:
Mason was knackered.

Milly, I have to disagree, playing one upfront is becoming costly in my opinion, 2 wins in our last 12 games says it all and you would think we would there for be good in defence conceded 50 goals in the league this season. :shock:
But what I do praise Malky for is his motivation/non stop battling and his desire and passion for the game. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:25 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
milly44 wrote:
Mason was knackered.

No away team wants to go to a place like Birmingham and let it be an open end to end game. Teams come to us work hard behind the ball and hit us on the break.
It worked superbly at West Ham, Soton, Reading, and we gained 7out of 9 points at teams at the top of league away from home. That has now become 8from12.
I imagine the home fans became very frustrated yesterday did they? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:34 pm

milly44 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
milly44 wrote:
Mason was knackered.

No away team wants to go to a place like Birmingham and let it be an open end to end game. Teams come to us work hard behind the ball and hit us on the break.
It worked superbly at West Ham, Soton, Reading, and we gained 7out of 9 points at teams at the top of league away from home. That has now become 8from12.
I imagine the home fans became very frustrated yesterday did they? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Milly, funny story is, we never heard from them until they scored and that was it, they never sang or even made a noise again, I was stunned as Birmingham years ago use to be noisy and mouthy.

Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:36 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
milly44 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
milly44 wrote:
Mason was knackered.

Milly, funny story is, we never heard from them until they scored and that was it, they never sang or even made a noise again, I was stunned as Birmingham years ago use to be noisy and mouthy.

Malkys tactics must have worked well then :lol:

Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:45 pm

milly44 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
milly44 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
milly44 wrote:
Mason was knackered.

:lol: :lol:

Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:11 pm

But what I do praise Malky for is his motivation/non stop battling and his desire and passion for the game. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quote]
I imagine the home fans became very frustrated yesterday did they? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quote]

Milly, funny story is, we never heard from them until they scored and that was it, they never sang or even made a noise again, I was stunned as Birmingham years ago use to be noisy and mouthy.[/quote]
Malkys tactics must have worked well then :lol:[/quote]

:lol: :lol:[/quote]
we did sing annis.im by h/way line.so i can hear both ends .just you lot were louder :lol: really there is an apathy round the ground.i was very impressed with your fans.very loud.also that song to marlon king-he only hits f,in women is an orginal.no one else has done it. all in all a good performance on and off the pitch for ccfc.the lad who sits in front of me(he runs the often partisan blog)knows i come on here .when rudy came on he turned around and said whats he like .who is he etc.he thinks im some type of cc expert :lol: funny thing was i could tell him .

Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:17 pm

jtc wrote:Milly, I have to disagree, playing one upfront is becoming costly in my opinion, 2 wins in our last 12 games says it all and you would think we would there for be good in defence conceded 50 goals in the league this season. :shock:

I imagine the home fans became very frustrated yesterday did they? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quote]

Milly, funny story is, we never heard from them until they scored and that was it, they never sang or even made a noise again, I was stunned as Birmingham years ago use to be noisy and mouthy.[/quote]

we did sing annis.im by h/way line.so i can hear both ends .just you lot were louder :lol: really there is an apathy round the ground.i was very impressed with your fans.very loud.also that song to marlon king-he only hits f,in women is an orginal.no one else has done it. all in all a good performance on and off the pitch for ccfc.the lad who sits in front of me(he runs the often partisan blog)knows i come on here .when rudy came on he turned around and said whats he like .who is he etc.he thinks im some type of cc expert :lol: funny thing was i could tell him .[/quote]

Great to see you posting on this site JTC, Welcome :ayatollah: :ayatollah: My sister lives near Brum so often up that part of the world. The last time I went to St Andrews mind you was around 1994/5 season you beat us 2-1. However there was a right riot that day union jacks being burnt in the Cardiff end, seats flying back and forth the brum above us and the lower stand, and a mini pitch invasion !!! never will forget that day !!!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:55 pm

Cefnfforestbluebird wrote:
jtc wrote:Milly, I have to disagree, playing one upfront is becoming costly in my opinion, 2 wins in our last 12 games says it all and you would think we would there for be good in defence conceded 50 goals in the league this season. :shock:

we did sing annis.im by h/way line.so i can hear both ends .just you lot were louder :lol: really there is an apathy round the ground.i was very impressed with your fans.very loud.also that song to marlon king-he only hits f,in women is an orginal.no one else has done it. all in all a good performance on and off the pitch for ccfc.the lad who sits in front of me(he runs the often partisan blog)knows i come on here .when rudy came on he turned around and said whats he like .who is he etc.he thinks im some type of cc expert :lol: funny thing was i could tell him .[/quote]

Great to see you posting on this site JTC, Welcome :ayatollah: :ayatollah: My sister lives near Brum so often up that part of the world. The last time I went to St Andrews mind you was around 1994/5 season you beat us 2-1. However there was a right riot that day union jacks being burnt in the Cardiff end, seats flying back and forth the brum above us and the lower stand, and a mini pitch invasion !!! never will forget that day !!!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quote]
i remember you smashing up the seats.im from cannock .been on here a bout 5/6months now.best site around.im english but i feel british so i have no problem with anyone .to me we,re all the same but a little different :D thanks for your kind words.im glad the aggro has stopped now.im 47 soon i want a seat to sit on not throw these days :old:

Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:01 pm

I was just stunned that the ground was so quite, the old Birmingham I knew has changed drastically at home, but then sadly so have we.

Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:30 am

Forever Blue wrote:

I was just stunned that the ground was so quite, the old Birmingham I knew has changed drastically at home, but then sadly so have we.[/quote]
its been like that a good while now annis.certain games(euro nights)have rocked but few and far between.cup games v villa and west ham last year were great .not a one season problem though.goes back 5yr imo.yesterday for us seemed almost like one of those end of season games when we cannot go up or down.even a bit pre season ish if im honest.also seems we,re one defeat away from turning on a player.i don,t like it but that,s how it feels.i could almost sense your crowd couldn,t believe how luke warm we were.people are moaning about the team or players and then some (like me)are moaning about the moaners :lol: the few away games iv done this year have been far better support wise.you wouldn,t hear it but block 11 in the tilton rd spent at least 10mins singing we,re block 11 we.ll sing on our own.even they got a luke warm booing.the intimidation factor has gone for sure

Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:36 am

I don't see how my temperature had an effect on your game :lol:

Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:09 pm

jtc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I was just stunned that the ground was so quite, the old Birmingham I knew has changed drastically at home, but then sadly so have we.[/quote]
its been like that a good while now annis.certain games(euro nights)have rocked but few and far between.cup games v villa and west ham last year were great .not a one season problem though.goes back 5yr imo.yesterday for us seemed almost like one of those end of season games when we cannot go up or down.even a bit pre season ish if im honest.also seems we,re one defeat away from turning on a player.i don,t like it but that,s how it feels.i could almost sense your crowd couldn,t believe how luke warm we were.people are moaning about the team or players and then some (like me)are moaning about the moaners :lol: the few away games iv done this year have been far better support wise.you wouldn,t hear it but block 11 in the tilton rd spent at least 10mins singing we,re block 11 we.ll sing on our own.even they got a luke warm booing.the intimidation factor has gone for sure[/quote]

It doesn't help when your noisiest area is miles away from the away fans.

We have the same problem. The canton can be singing, but the away fans can hardly hear it.

Not enough are prepared to have a go in the Ninian Stand and most decent away followings can drown us out.

By the way i was looking at your fixtures and you've got a tough run-in. I can see you only getting 72 points which won't be enough. Sunday's result did neither of us any good. Can't see us getting much more, yet Blackpool , Hull and Brighton should end up with 74-77. wouldn't be impressed if one of those 3 went up :(

Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:04 pm

:lol:
2blue2handle wrote:I don't see how my temperature had an effect on your game :lol:

Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:08 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
jtc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

its been like that a good while now annis.certain games(euro nights)have rocked but few and far between.cup games v villa and west ham last year were great .not a one season problem though.goes back 5yr imo.yesterday for us seemed almost like one of those end of season games when we cannot go up or down.even a bit pre season ish if im honest.also seems we,re one defeat away from turning on a player.i don,t like it but that,s how it feels.i could almost sense your crowd couldn,t believe how luke warm we were.people are moaning about the team or players and then some (like me)are moaning about the moaners :lol: the few away games iv done this year have been far better support wise.you wouldn,t hear it but block 11 in the tilton rd spent at least 10mins singing we,re block 11 we.ll sing on our own.even they got a luke warm booing.the intimidation factor has gone for sure[/quote]

It doesn't help when your noisiest area is miles away from the away fans.

We have the same problem. The canton can be singing, but the away fans can hardly hear it.

Not enough are prepared to have a go in the Ninian Stand and most decent away followings can drown us out.

By the way i was looking at your fixtures and you've got a tough run-in. I can see you only getting 72 points which won't be enough. Sunday's result did neither of us any good. Can't see us getting much more, yet Blackpool , Hull and Brighton should end up with 74-77. wouldn't be impressed if one of those 3 went up :([/quote]
its squeaky bum time.you may be right about the distance from away fans.more likely though is the apathy surrounding the club.suppose the fans feel we take one step forward and two back.iv loved this seeason tbh.apathy-i can,t be bothered with it :lol:

Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:55 pm

No one challenges second ball anymore. Our players never get stuck in with headers quite poor sometimes. :ayatollah: