Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" YOU CANT FAULT THEM TODAY "

Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:18 pm

Just got back from Brum, Our fans were brilliant today and the Forum bus was rocking as usual, cant wait for Middlesborough away on it in 2 weeks time. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

You cant fault the team today, they never looked tired, battled and gave there all. They passed the ball about and we finished the stronger team. :ayatollah:

Not sure why only Mason upfront on his own again, also when Miller came on you can see he might not be scoring, but he is quality with the ball when he gets it.

I feel a bit more positive today and we are def in there with a chance of a play-off place if we play like today, but attack more at home games. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " YOU CANT FAULT THEM TODAY "

Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:21 pm

I would love to see Miller and Mason up top on Saturday :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:21 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: Its the home games now that count - 4 4 2

Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:22 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I would love to see Miller and Mason up top on Saturday :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Luke and I would. :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:23 pm

NIBluebird wrote::ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: Its the home games now that count - 4 4 2

Mike, we need to play 2 upfront for the remaining home games. :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:24 pm

Sounded we needed more width though a swe never tested there Keeper at all. (opinion from lisening on the radio) why arent we using Conway ?

Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:30 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Sounded we needed more width though a swe never tested there Keeper at all. (opinion from lisening on the radio) why arent we using Conway ?

We never really tested the keeper Steve, but the team Malky put out did battle/never looked tired and never gave up, I still don't think we looked right with Mason on his own up front.

Burke does big time for their goal.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:42 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Just got back from Brum, Our fans were brilliant today and the Forum bus was rocking as usual, cant wait for Middlesborough away on it in 2 weeks time. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

You cant fault the team today, they never looked tired, battled and gave there all. They passed the ball about and we finished the stronger team. :ayatollah:

Not sure why only Mason upfront on his own again, also when Miller came on you can see he might not be scoring, but he is quality with the ball when he gets it.

I feel a bit more positive today and we are def in there with a chance of a play-off place if we play like today, but attack more at home games. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Annis BBC commentry praised the way they went about their business. Pity they scored from our corner but we all know we just cant keep a clean sheet. However we battled hard and got a point to be honest Ia guess we would have taken that at the start of the game? Still the boys have a week off now to recharge their batteries and go again at Millwall. To all you who are considering going....... Get down there and shout your lungs out for the boys :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:45 pm

I'd play Mason in behind Miller.

He's offside more than Earnie !

Biggest plus for me today was McPhail -he was outstanding.

The 2 centre backs were very good too. King looked shIt. He'd clearly rather take a woman on than Ben Turner. :lol:

Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:54 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Sounded we needed more width though a swe never tested there Keeper at all. (opinion from lisening on the radio) why arent we using Conway ?

Steve, to be fair, we used a lot of width today it was just that Mason was upfront on his own and it was very hard for him. I would've loved to have seen Mason and Miller upfront in a 4-4-2 to be honest but taking nothing away from the lads it was a solid performance from everyone, great penalty save from Marshall and a great goal by Hudson, in open play :o and an even better assist from Whitts for the goal. Conway wasn't even on the bench, we had 3 strikers and Darcey. As usual, our away support was amazing, never stopped singing and urging the team on, oh how I love away days with the City, especially on the forum bus :D I feel more positive about the run in to the end of the season and I strongly believe we will occupy one of the 4 playoff places come the last game and I feel we will be a hard nut to crack. Great performance today Bluebirds, lets keep that up to the end of the season ;)
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:58 pm

City were by far the best team today
We deserved to win and as usual all the supporters give the boys plenty of support
The only time the brummy supporters were heard was when they scored to go an undeserved 1-0 up
Please everybody that didnt see the game today please all turn for our next home game as we had the old Cardiff City back today
If we play like this the rest of the season we will get to the play -offs
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:36 pm

There is nothing wrong with playing a 4-5-1 formation - when we have played our best this season, it has been with that formation.

The problem is picking players in the wrong position within that framework.

Conway MUST start on the left.

All Dave Jones did was play 442, and that is why we aren't in the Premiership right now.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:54 pm

100% effort and for the first time in weeks did not tire and fade away. Mcphail was class today . :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:06 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Just got back from Brum, Our fans were brilliant today and the Forum bus was rocking as usual, cant wait for Middlesborough away on it in 2 weeks time. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I was a lot happier today, still couldnt understand why we had 3 strikers on the bench but still battled hard. Thank god for Marshall & Hudson for keeping us in the game, we miss the likes of Burke. Nice to have met you briefly Annis :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:48 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:There is nothing wrong with playing a 4-5-1 formation - when we have played our best this season, it has been with that formation.

The problem is picking players in the wrong position within that framework.

Conway MUST start on the left.

All Dave Jones did was play 442, and that is why we aren't in the Premiership right now.
100% agree :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:53 pm

What I will say was,Birmingham were there for the taking,but when you continue to play one upfront, your not going to worry them to much,we hardly had a shot on target first half. We battled thats what we did.
Mason was knackered.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:54 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:

I was a lot happier today, still couldnt understand why we had 3 strikers on the bench but still battled hard. Thank god for Marshall & Hudson for keeping us in the game, we miss the likes of Burke. Nice to have met you briefly Annis :ayatollah:

Yes Richard about time we met up, good to meet you. We need to attack more and not play one player upfront, just my opinion. :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:57 pm

Chris Burke didn't have a great game but he showed us with one burst of pace and strength exactly what we have been unable to produce all season.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:03 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:

Yes Richard about time we met up, good to meet you. We need to attack more and not play one player upfront, just my opinion. :ayatollah:

Your opinion is right, mad that there was 3 strikers on the bench.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:25 pm

tenerife_blu wrote:

Steve, to be fair, we used a lot of width today it was just that Mason was upfront on his own and it was very hard for him. I would've loved to have seen Mason and Miller upfront in a 4-4-2 to be honest but taking nothing away from the lads it was a solid performance from everyone, great penalty save from Marshall and a great goal by Hudson, in open play :o and an even better assist from Whitts for the goal. Conway wasn't even on the bench, we had 3 strikers and Darcey. As usual, our away support was amazing, never stopped singing and urging the team on, oh how I love away days with the City, especially on the forum bus :D I feel more positive about the run in to the end of the season and I strongly believe we will occupy one of the 4 playoff places come the last game and I feel we will be a hard nut to crack. Great performance today Bluebirds, lets keep that up to the end of the season ;)

Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:27 pm

djronnieb wrote:City were by far the best team today
We deserved to win and as usual all the supporters give the boys plenty of support
The only time the brummy supporters were heard was when they scored to go an undeserved 1-0 up
Please everybody that didnt see the game today please all turn for our next home game as we had the old Cardiff City back today
If we play like this the rest of the season we will get to the play -offs
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I was listening on the radio, and the only time you could hear Birmingham was when they scored. Otherwise it was Bluebirds all the way.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:48 pm

If we continue to play like I witness today and make the playoffs, I for one would have no fear facing Birmingham in the semi's even being home first and second leg back up there. Also my thanks to the other 1276 true dire hard bluebirds who sang there hearts out for 95 minutes, felt proud to witness it again. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:51 pm

GLASCOEDBLUE wrote:If we continue to play like I witness today and make the playoffs, I for one would have no fear facing Birmingham in the semi's even being home first and second leg back up there. Also my thanks to the other 1276 true dire hard bluebirds who sang there hearts out for 95 minutes, felt proud to witness it again. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Totally agree with that, no fear of them. :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:52 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:04 pm

Looked really good today and Brum offered nothing that shows they deserve to be higher than us.
We had great possession considering we were away from home and the pass and movement in the first half was brilliant and the team had more energy.
We deserved to win in fairness and the second half we never really continued to work the ball but we did get more into the rhythm. Deserved equaliser and we could have had 3 points.

Anyone agree that the pointless balls we play in the box and no-one challenging the keeper does my head in. And the lack of numbers we get in the box on attacks is very poor we lack a cutting edge lately. Why Coie didnt shoot second half when he had the chance just confused me no confidence in front of goal from range. :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:11 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
GLASCOEDBLUE wrote:If we continue to play like I witness today and make the playoffs, I for one would have no fear facing Birmingham in the semi's even being home first and second leg back up there. Also my thanks to the other 1276 true dire hard bluebirds who sang there hearts out for 95 minutes, felt proud to witness it again. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

i think you will make the p/os.we were players light today so if they return i think we will join you in the p/o,s.you were dogged today .bodes well for the run in i,d say

Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:13 pm

that boss of yours don,t stand still.was close to him.very keen

Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:15 pm

jtc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

i think you will make the p/os.we were players light today so if they return i think we will join you in the p/o,s.you were dogged today .bodes well for the run in i,d say

Were lacking up front big time as we play home/away with one striker up front :shock:
I have see you play a lot better in the past.
Going to be tough for both of us.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:00 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
jtc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Were lacking up front big time as we play home/away with one striker up front :shock:

i would have thought he,d get a big man in to hold it up for the system you play.rudy isn,t ready/good enough yet.that mcphail was tidy.whitts on the left.found room and flitted in and out.cowie back in the team .i was quite impressed with the setup.nothing flashy but organised .you could very easily get back to those pre xmas 1.0 or 2.1 wins.over two legs you,ll be hard to beat .i will say that you will not get a tanning of anyone like you did off reading.different mentality.don,t forget malky found a way to make the cup final go to pens.he will think nothing of getting a plan for a one off game.in your shoes i,d be happy and starting to think maybe its possible.when all said and done with all the supposed big names you had last season you didn,t get any farther than were i think you,ll get this season.play offs.going to be some twists and turns before the finish line.if we get our missing players back im confident we,ll be there too.hard to imagine we battered bro a week ago :o

Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:37 am

jtc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
jtc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

i would have thought he,d get a big man in to hold it up for the system you play.rudy isn,t ready/good enough yet.that mcphail was tidy.whitts on the left.found room and flitted in and out.cowie back in the team .i was quite impressed with the setup.nothing flashy but organised .you could very easily get back to those pre xmas 1.0 or 2.1 wins.over two legs you,ll be hard to beat .i will say that you will not get a tanning of anyone like you did off reading.different mentality.don,t forget malky found a way to make the cup final go to pens.he will think nothing of getting a plan for a one off game.in your shoes i,d be happy and starting to think maybe its possible.when all said and done with all the supposed big names you had last season you didn,t get any farther than were i think you,ll get this season.play offs.going to be some twists and turns before the finish line.if we get our missing players back im confident we,ll be there too.hard to imagine we battered bro a week ago :o

Rudy is a nice person, but def not good enough in my opinion.
Were not a flash team, but a hard working tea. :ayatollah:
I agree many twists before the season ends.