Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What has Conway done to upset Malky?

Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:39 pm

Anyone heard anything?

Find it very frustrating, personally I think we need better than him but he is the only genuine winger we have. He started the season really well then dipped quite badly and in my opinion stayed in the side longer than he should have done.

However, when he came back in the team in January he looked really good over 3/4 games taking on his full back and giving us some width then dropped and not had a look in since.

So what has he done to incur the Earnie, Keinan, Quinn, Naylor treatment?!

Cowie has done nothing to justify his place for months and can't beat a man yet game after game he starts out wide.

It seems its harder to come out of this side than to get in it. Kiss seems to be discarded too much lately as well.

Good point today but we have to start winning our home games.

Re: What has Conway done to upset Malky?

Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:40 pm

bluebirds80 wrote:Anyone heard anything?

Find it very frustrating, personally I think we need better than him but he is the only genuine winger we have. He started the season really well then dipped quite badly and in my opinion stayed in the side longer than he should have done.

However, when he came back in the team in January he looked really good over 3/4 games taking on his full back and giving us some width then dropped and not had a look in since.

Cowie has done nothing to justify his place for months and can't beat a man yet game after game he starts out wide.

It seems its harder to come out of this side than to get in it. Kiss seems to be discarded too much lately as well.

Kiss is/was ill.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:41 pm

Earnie, Quinn, naylor, Keinan are simply not good enough that's why they have had limited game time.

Conway I don't understand it though. The first time he was dropped MM later said he had a niggling injury but I don't see the point in benching him then.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:45 pm

nerd wrote:
bluebirds80 wrote:Anyone heard anything?

Kiss is/was ill.

Not since January he hasn't! :?

Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:46 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Earnie, Quinn, naylor, Keinan are simply not good enough that's why they have had limited game time.

Conway I don't understand it though. The first time he was dropped MM later said he had a niggling injury but I don't see the point in benching him then.

Personally think Keinan is far better than Gerrard mate. Our form picked up once we signed him in January last season although he did blot his copybook in the play offs.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:48 pm

My opinion is Keinan is a better player than Gerrard but neither are good enough. Only one of them is needed for cover for the rest of the season so I understand why he was loaned out.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:03 pm

Conway might be carrying an injury?

Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:03 pm

2blue2handle wrote:My opinion is Keinan is a better player than Gerrard but neither are good enough. Only one of them is needed for cover for the rest of the season so I understand why he was loaned out.

Agreed, both out in the summer.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:21 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Earnie, Quinn, naylor, Keinan are simply not good enough that's why they have had limited game time.

EARNIE has looked very sharp when he has come on. Is Gestede as good or better than Earnie ? IMO no. QUINN is a good squad player and can do a Job. NAYLOR when he played in the Cup he was our best player and done nothing wrong, but never seen again. KEINAN is also quality when given a run. CONWAY well when he has come on has looked sharp and we have looked better going forward.[/url]

Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:25 pm

I wouldnt say Rudy is better than Earnie no but they are totally different types of players. Miller does what Earnie can only better, Mason similar. I would always have Rudy on the bench to offer the team something different.

As for Quinn and Naylor, both decent but not good enough to start over Taylor and Kev and putting a full back on the bench would be pretty stupid.

Conway IMO should be starting

Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:34 pm

Not having Conway in the team will be the difference between us getting to the play offs or not.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:03 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I wouldnt say Rudy is better than Earnie no but they are totally different types of players. Miller does what Earnie can only better, Mason similar. I would always have Rudy on the bench to offer the team something different.

As for Quinn and Naylor, both decent but not good enough to start over Taylor and Kev and putting a full back on the bench would be pretty stupid.

putting quinn on the bench would be an advantage though cause he can pllay rb and cb

Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:03 pm

Fresh legs, and usually plays well! Must be itching for another game and has somewhat disappeared ? = Joe Ralls.....

Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:22 pm

thomas9990 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:I wouldnt say Rudy is better than Earnie no but they are totally different types of players. Miller does what Earnie can only better, Mason similar. I would always have Rudy on the bench to offer the team something different.

putting quinn on the bench would be an advantage though cause he can pllay rb and cb

I dont see the point when we are only allowed 5 subs.
Blake can play RB, CB, LB, defensive midfield.

If we have Quinn, Blake prob Heaton that limits us to just one other CM and one Striker.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:40 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:Not having Conway in the team will be the difference between us getting to the play offs or not.

Conway should start over Cowie any day of the week.

A total blue eyes of Malky just cos he runs around a lot....Let's be fair Cowie is an improved version of The Jogging Jock!

That is one of my main worries with Malky, he assembles a team of workers/battlers. Only genuine flair player is Whitts and he was here already.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:46 pm

bluebirds80 wrote:
tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:Not having Conway in the team will be the difference between us getting to the play offs or not.

Conway should start over Cowie any day of the week.

A total blue eyes of Malky just cos he runs around a lot....Let's be fair Cowie is an improved version of The Jogging Jock!

That is one of my main worries with Malky, he assembles a team of workers/battlers. Only genuine flair player is Whitts and he was here already.

I would have Cowie in the team too though - granted, he is looking tired at the moment from all his hard work. I'd have him on the right or in the centre with Whitts and Gunnarsson.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:11 pm

:ayatollah:

Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:20 pm

THIS ^^^^^^^^

Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:21 pm

thomas9990 wrote:

Agreed Chief

Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:03 pm

With all the game time that Cowie has played it is not suprising that he is looking tired and he is probably one of if not the fittest in the squad.

I think that his best position is in central midfield and I think that he is wasted out wide. He keeps coming in looking for the ball. Not got the pace to beat players and get to the line.

The team would benefit from Conway playing out wide.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:04 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
thomas9990 wrote:

Agreed Chief

So what would be your bench then?

Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:38 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
thomas9990 wrote:

Agreed Chief

So what would be your bench then?

5 Chairs and a cover over top of it to sop everyone getting wet mate

Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:47 pm

Better answer than Quinn, Blake and naylor :lol:

Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:01 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Better answer than Quinn, Blake and naylor :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: