Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

FAW LEADERS COURSE.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:09 pm

just come back from me first day at the faw leaders course which was held at sully sports and social. gonna be running an under 10,s team for rest of this season and onwards. found it very interseting with some very good coaching tips and methods, plus i got a few ideas up me sleeve. :D . there seems to be negativatity around us at the mo, which in way i can understand, but working with these kids who are all so into it makes you realize why we love the game so much.
yesterday we won one , and lost one, but the whole experience was effin great.

same with our bluebirds , yep we are havin a , lets say sticky patch, but being part of it IS the best. ups and downs, wouldnt change it though, would we. (the experience i mean not tactics)

hopefully i can help us out in a few years and develop some messi,s :ayatollah:

Re: FAW LEADERS COURSE.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:48 pm

Well done, mate. Keep us up to date with your progress.

:ayatollah:

Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:53 pm

gingerboy wrote:just come back from me first day at the faw leaders course which was held at sully sports and social. gonna be running an under 10,s team for rest of this season and onwards. found it very interseting with some very good coaching tips and methods, plus i got a few ideas up me sleeve. :D . there seems to be negativatity around us at the mo, which in way i can understand, but working with these kids who are all so into it makes you realize why we love the game so much.

same with our bluebirds , yep we are havin a , lets say sticky patch, but being part of it IS the best. ups and downs, wouldnt change it though, would we. (the experience i mean not tactics)

the kids are great,the parents....good luck.....been doing it almost 5 years,and still get amazed with the parents that use it as a drop off center,but cant wait to have a chip at you.....enjoy....it can be very rewarding :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:12 pm

gingerboy wrote:just come back from me first day at the faw leaders course which was held at sully sports and social. gonna be running an under 10,s team for rest of this season and onwards. found it very interseting with some very good coaching tips and methods, plus i got a few ideas up me sleeve. :D . there seems to be negativatity around us at the mo, which in way i can understand, but working with these kids who are all so into it makes you realize why we love the game so much.

That's quality mate, my son is 3 now, but i'd love to do it when he gets a bit older.

How did you go about getting into it?

I'd love some more information!

Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:14 pm

12thMan wrote:

That's quality mate, my son is 3 now, but i'd love to do it when he gets a bit older.

How did you go about getting into it?

I'd love some more information!

if your boy joins a club the club secretary will get you enrolled on a course,also you have to take first aid,and have a c.r.b check:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:34 pm

Did my Leaders in December, very good little course

Got 14 Five year olds at the Mo, can't play until Sep 2013
Had them for a year and they are already decent youngsters
Lost one to Cardiff already but he wants to come back :lol:

12th Man, when your lad hits around 4/5, get a group of around 7 or 8 (ask his friends parents and spread the word)
and ask local clubs to back you
They'll sort CRB and leaders for you and get COACHING
Where do you live??

Ive played for 20 years almost and it was never as rewarding as seeing the young lads enjoy the game (even though they havnt played a match against another team yet)

Puts it all into perspective really, it all needs to start at grassroots to help clubs like City

Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:45 pm

fao 12 th man. i got in to it from my oldest son. he,s been at our local club for about 6 years hes now 14. my middle boy whos 10 now, started at about 7/8. our secretary approached me last summer and asked if i,d be interested, hes been absolutley fantastic tbh. this season been spent learning the ropes of the club, on me own next season. cant wait.
join a local club or some have even started their own. plenty of help and advice available.

any questions dont hesitate. :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:14 pm

krabb wrote:

the kids are great,the parents....good luck.....been doing it almost 5 years,and still get amazed with the parents that use it as a drop off center,but cant wait to have a chip at you.....enjoy....it can be very rewarding :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

same, felt really passionate about it in the beginning and really enjoyed it.. then the abuse you get from parents, other teams etc... was a shocker.... so i decided to go back to playing instead...

the course is very good though and you learn some great training techniques