Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Much better today Vs brum

Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:55 pm

Much better performance today on the pitch with a point VS a very poor brum side but maybe we can take somethings from this game which will spur us on for the last few games :ayatollah: , my only gripe would be of todays performance was two shots on target :cry:

Re: Much better today Vs brum

Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:01 pm

It's a start chief :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:17 pm

My old boss is a Brum fan and I text him saying see u in the play offs,
And he replied saying we were crap u deserved to win.

Not takin anything away from our lads though, well done City :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:21 pm

LutonBluebird wrote:My old boss is a Brum fan and I text him saying see u in the play offs,

Birmingham were poor Jules. Your boss is right. We stood right next to their fans and they looked like we have been feeling this last few games. You could see they are looking for a miracle to get them in the play offs. I will be gobsmacked if they make it.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:21 pm

Didn't go to the game but in always sceptical of the shots on target stats as they don't really tell the story of a game
IMO.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:22 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Didn't go to the game but in always sceptical of the shots on target stats as they don't really tell the story of a game
IMO.

We are poor upfront Luke. We are definately missing a goal scorer. If we had one we would have won that game by 3 goals.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:28 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Didn't go to the game but in always sceptical of the shots on target stats as they don't really tell the story of a game
IMO.

We are poor upfront Luke. We are definately missing a goal scorer. If we had one we would have won that game by 3 goals.

We had 3 strikers on the bench :shock:

Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:34 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
IMO.

Hard job for mason and I guess miller wasn't fit enough to start. Hopefully miller back for Saturday :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:34 pm

LutonBluebird wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
IMO.

We had 3 strikers on the bench :shock:

I noticed that :o gone from no strikers on the bench recently to 3 :lol:

Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:36 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
IMO.

Hard job for mason and I guess miller wasn't fit enough to start. Hopefully miller back for Saturday :ayatollah:

2 weeks ago in many eyes miller was poor, now people see how tough the roll is and want him back :old:

Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:39 pm

milly44 wrote:2 weeks ago in many eyes miller was poor, now people see how tough the roll is and want him back :old:

Fickle football fans? Never!!!

Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:51 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
LutonBluebird wrote:My old boss is a Brum fan and I text him saying see u in the play offs,

Birmingham were poor Jules. Your boss is right. We stood right next to their fans and they looked like we have been feeling this last few games. You could see they are looking for a miracle to get them in the play offs. I will be gobsmacked if they make it.

we had a centre half at r/b and a recent loan singing who is a r/b at l/b.spector and murphy overlap .the stand ins didn,t .also fahey being out is a massive loss for us.perhaps some of our boo boys wil realize what he brings to the team now.tempo and being able to retain and pass a ball .woeful today so in the end a point was a good result for blues.you went two up top near the end so mm must have fancied winning it and believed he could.you looked solid enough for most of the game.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:54 pm

milly44 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
IMO.

2 weeks ago in many eyes miller was poor, now people see how tough the roll is and want him back :old:

Miller gash and wouldnt have made any diffrence lets be fair we been mustering up 2-5 shots on target per game for many of games now with him even in the saide so what the diffrence would he have made today?, we are crap up top stats prove this and todays two shots on target says it all, just like many games before it no matter who was playing the lone roll :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:00 pm

Listebed to bits if the radio it said we kept posession well but didnt make the keeper work.

Also said when Gunar was pushed right midfield he looked far from happy.

Fair enough it was to accomidate 2up front but why not push lawrence out there?

Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:10 pm

IMO.

How can you be sceptical? If you don't shoot you don't score! If we had one goal that means there was only one other shot? This MUST improve Luke! :lol:

Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:19 pm

Merlin wrote:
IMO.

How can you be sceptical? If you don't shoot you don't score! If we had one goal that means there was only one other shot? This MUST improve Luke! :lol:

Of course it has to improve that goes without saying but my point is shots on target doesnt always paint a fair reflection of the game. In a game you could have 3 cleared off the line, hit the post 5 times etc and it still show as no attempts on target.

The stats for the west ham game always stick in my mind http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17175784
Shows as 4 shots on target per team, looking at those stats you would think tight game, unlucky to lose maybe?
When in fact we were thrashed, they carved us open time after time and we were lucky to keep it down to two.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:09 pm

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Bi ... 83184.html