Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: GREAT SUPPORT TODAY JUST UNDER 1,300

Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:20 pm

tenerife_blu wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
jtc wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
jtc wrote:that figure seems about right carl.good support .

I wonder if jtc was that guy looking down at us after the Brum goal. :lol:

i was by the dugouts mate.not far from malky .you deserved at least a point.

A draw was fair.

Went for a drink before the game with Big Al(Cockney Al) and Sooty Jason, Bones was there after.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

yes Annis they were sound lads and it was nice to have met them. He's a bit of a character that Big Al, he is obviously well known by everyone including the old Bill :D :lol: :lol: :lol:
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:lol:
Yes very well known and in the 70's & 80's very well respected.
He just said on his Facebook wall that the lads with me, were a nice bunch of lads. :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:24 pm

:ayatollah:
tenerife_blu wrote:
jtc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
jtc wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
jtc wrote:that figure seems about right carl.good support .

I wonder if jtc was that guy looking down at us after the Brum goal. :lol:

i was by the dugouts mate.not far from malky .you deserved at least a point.

A draw was fair.

Went for a drink before the game with Big Al(Cockney Al) and Sooty Jason, Bones was there after.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

i didn,t think you,d get a drink before the game annis.thats why i never asked. i,d have come to the pub.it would have been great to meet some of you.you sound like you had a good day .draw was fair but i think your boys aquitted themselves better than ours.we need to get our proper f/backs fit and fahey back.

jtc, we went to the Ibis reception but we didnt know that beforehand until we met up with Jason and then Big Al, there was only a few of us, Annis, myself, Cheggers, Luka and my son in law but was still a good catch up, maybe we can meet at our next game if we have one :o ;) hopefully will be the playoffs :thumbup:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:53 am

while your in the premier league you have a good support
your away followings last year were shite despite it being a promotion year

you failed to sell out your play off semi final at reading

you took 70 odd to Ipswich

the FIRST SEASON MIDDLESBROUGH came down to the Championship you took under 200

can't find your away attendances from last year but...

2009/2010 some more of your away attendances
Plymouth 559
Reading 2874 - we take near on 4000 every year
Preston 315 - we took 2000 approx last year
Ipswich 403
Doncaster 488 - we took 1,350 last year and 900approx this year
Norwich 475
Blackpool 339 - we took over 1000
Burnley 260 - We took 3,600 approx (but granted was the last day of the season)

Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:44 pm

adamt958 wrote:while your in the premier league you have a good support

Plymouth 559
Ipswich 403
Norwich 475
Burnley 260 -we took 3,600 approx (but granted was the last day of the season)

Stats don't lie. :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:44 pm

It was snowing like f**k when we played Ipswich away cos i can remember watching the game in the Owain Glyndwr in Cardiff whilst Christmas shopping.The roads were horrendous so we got the train up.I remember it very well.

Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:22 pm

6 bysedd wrote:It was snowing like f**k when we played Ipswich away cos i can remember watching the game in the Owain Glyndwr in Cardiff whilst Christmas shopping.The roads were horrendous so we got the train up.I remember it very well.

so how come the preston fans got to and from cardiff that day no problems? or how come i went to bristol that night with no problems? there may have been snow left on the mountains that day, but none on the roads.

Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:04 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Plymouth 559
Ipswich 403
Norwich 475

and they took 900 to Bristol City that year -no restrictions.

Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:06 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Plymouth 559
Ipswich 403
Norwich 475

Correct Tim, Give us no restrictions and it would put another 500-600 on straight away. :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:11 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Plymouth 559
Ipswich 403
Norwich 475

Correct Tim, Give us no restrictions and it would put another 500-600 on straight away. :ayatollah:

Annis, I think given how smoothly things went this year, and with no voucher exchange next year, provided the game is not at stupid o'clock or on TV just after a Cup Final :lol: then we'll take 1500-2000 there next year, even if we are only mid-table.

Thats if they stay up :lol:

Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:20 pm

Lawnmower

Annis, I think given how smoothly things went this year, and with no voucher exchange next year, provided the game is not at stupid o'clock or on TV just after a Cup Final then we'll take 1500-2000 there next year, even if we are only mid-table.

Tim,

If they stay up and were still in this division, everything is 100% lifted for next season, NO RESTRICTIONS AT ALL FOR BRISTOL CITY AWAY. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:22 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Lawnmower

Annis, I think given how smoothly things went this year, and with no voucher exchange next year, provided the game is not at stupid o'clock or on TV just after a Cup Final then we'll take 1500-2000 there next year, even if we are only mid-table.

Tim,

If they stay up and were still in this division, everything is 100% lifted for next season, NO RESTRICTIONS AT ALL FOR BRISTOL CITY AWAY. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Didn't want to mention this one :lol:

I bet it will still be an early k.o mind.

Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:35 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Lawnmower

Tim,

Didn't want to mention this one :lol:

I bet it will still be an early k.o mind.

I bet it is.

Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:36 pm

You just keep beliving you are a big club even tho your season ticket houlders dont turn up and cant even give them away,as for reading in the playoffs,sold our tickets 39k and was given more and took it up to 42 and a half,but allso had fans in there end as seen on you,tube..you only just sold yours this time for the final even tho there was loads of scousers there,and as for the stats you give,they just show we were the same as you this season,,even tho this is the first season we have achived anything realy yet you have been to 2 finals and been pushing for the premier for 5 years and in doing so been buillding your support,yet your away support this year is poor and cant fill your home games??

Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:49 pm

swansealad69 wrote:You just keep beliving you are a big club even tho your season ticket houlders dont turn up and cant even give them away,as for reading in the playoffs,sold our tickets 39k and was given more and took it up to 42 and a half,but allso had fans in there end as seen on you,tube..you only just sold yours this time for the final even tho there was loads of scousers there,and as for the stats you give,they just show we were the same as you this season,,even tho this is the first season we have achived anything realy yet you have been to 2 finals and been pushing for the premier for 5 years and in doing so been buillding your support,yet your away support this year is poor and cant fill your home games??

CCFC are not a big club. Potentially we are big.

Compare us and you-last season you had games where you were giving tickets away with tesco clubcard and averaged 15k. Away games you had very poor support at some and good at others. As for wembley-it was your 1st trip to new stadium-how many were 1st time fans/egg chasers out for a good day.

Our crowds this season have been good. Our away support has been poor at some grounds but that is due to restrictions-Leeds was a joke (£40 or so for 12noon ko). Bristol city was poor for local derby but again restrictions were in place. Had i wanted to go i would have had to travel from andover to cardiff and onto bristol-sod that for a game on tv when i had just splashed out over 200 quid for a trip to carling cup final.

We can all make up and manipulate certain statistics. The bare facts are that our support is bigger than yours. Should you stay up and we fail our crowds next year will probably be the same.

Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:08 pm

Apart from you saying you could be a big club i cant argue with much in what you said,,o yes swans did not give tickets away to tesco,but on 3 games they did give schools tickets in the area to go in the family stand,,but what you allso have to remember is that swansea as one off the biggest local football leuges in he uk and all first team games ki8ck off at 2.30 and the 2nds and 3rds finish at 2,,plus under 16 finish 2.30 so that takes alot of support away from the club,,,

Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:21 pm

swansealad69 wrote:Apart from you saying you could be a big club i cant argue with much in what you said,,o yes swans did not give tickets away to tesco,but on 3 games they did give schools tickets in the area to go in the family stand,,but what you allso have to remember is that swansea as one off the biggest local football leuges in he uk and all first team games ki8ck off at 2.30 and the 2nds and 3rds finish at 2,,plus under 16 finish 2.30 so that takes alot of support away from the club,,,

I was under impression that clubcard vouchers could be exchanged for tickets-if i'm wrong accept my apologies.

Re Local football-personally i would rather watch ccfc than play football (mainly because i was shit)-has local league participation gone down since you lot went up?

Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:35 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
swansealad69 wrote:Apart from you saying you could be a big club i cant argue with much in what you said,,o yes swans did not give tickets away to tesco,but on 3 games they did give schools tickets in the area to go in the family stand,,but what you allso have to remember is that swansea as one off the biggest local football leuges in he uk and all first team games ki8ck off at 2.30 and the 2nds and 3rds finish at 2,,plus under 16 finish 2.30 so that takes alot of support away from the club,,,

I was under impression that clubcard vouchers could be exchanged for tickets-if i'm wrong accept my apologies.

Re Local football-personally i would rather watch ccfc than play football (mainly because i was shit)-has local league participation gone down since you lot went up?

Clubcard vouchers could be used to get tickets for 3 games last season. If I recall it was £10 of clubcard vouchers for a match ticket. So basically, half price tickets for those 3 games. Several clubs used this in the last couple of seasons. A quick look on the Tesco Clubcard website shows that at the moment there are no football tickets on offer but you can get a Cardiff Blues ticket ;)

Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:38 pm

NJ73 wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

Clubcard vouchers could be used to get tickets for 3 games last season. If I recall it was £10 of clubcard vouchers for a match ticket. So basically, half price tickets for those 3 games. Several clubs used this in the last couple of seasons. A quick look on the Tesco Clubcard website shows that at the moment there are no football tickets on offer but you can get a Cardiff Blues ticket ;)

I'd rather sing hymns and arias at the liberty than watch the blues.

Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:39 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

I'd rather sing hymns and arias at the liberty than watch the blues.

Once we've expanded the stadium, that can be arranged :mrgreen:

Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:02 pm

swansealad69 wrote:You just keep beliving you are a big club even tho your season ticket houlders dont turn up and cant even give them away,as for reading in the playoffs,sold our tickets 39k and was given more and took it up to 42 and a half,but allso had fans in there end as seen on you,tube..you only just sold yours this time for the final even tho there was loads of scousers there,and as for the stats you give,they just show we were the same as you this season,,even tho this is the first season we have achived anything realy yet you have been to 2 finals and been pushing for the premier for 5 years and in doing so been buillding your support,yet your away support this year is poor and cant fill your home games??

22k average is superb for a Championship side.

Only West Ham, Leicester, Derby (who have special ST deals),Leeds and Southampton have bigger averages. I bet if you factored in the small away followings which come to us you'd probably find that we have had more home fans at our games than Leeds or Leicester who benfit from loads of local derbies and big away followings coming to them.
For a team who haven't played in the top flight for 50 years thats very very good.

By the way, selling out 42k, 30k or 60k for Wembley is irrelevant. We've both sold out there -us 4 times, every time and could have sold thousands more. Even feckin Blackpool sold out for Wembley :lol:

There were also good reasons for low turn-outs for the games you keep bringing up, but the fact we regularly take 800-1200 to places like Doncaster and Barnsley year in year out shows that we have a decent base of away fans.

Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:28 am

The local league down here still as big but in my sons team on away trips 4 players allways go but at home they finish at 2 as they are under 16,but still all the firsts still kick of at 2,30 and there are now 3 divisions for first teams allone in swansea and each league has 16 teams,and thats not to mention the 4 2nds and 3rds ,,and all the youth and kids football that takes place were ther parents have to be there,for years they have tryed to solve this but they cant fit all the games in on sunday as there is allso a big sunday league,but as i said its one of the biggest in the uk as it stands now...stupid realy but i use to play and loved playing but hated missing the swans.