Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: GREAT SUPPORT TODAY JUST UNDER 1,300

Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:55 pm

swansealad69 wrote:But we aint making out we are a big club???we took over 2k to stoke and most of our away games have been sell outs,,3400 to the cottage last away game,sold out last week for spurs away next sunday yet live on sky,,and as for your support falling away?how many were in your ground in the week??15 k at best,so even season ticket holders aint turning up ffs,even the ther tickets paid for,and even more cant give them away,you keep on about you have 18k houlders yes but do they all go???i think not even tho you are still well in with a shout of the play offs ffs,come on wake up and stop bull shiting your selfs.

Looked nothing like 3400 at Fulham, and I was under the impression the allocated away end at Crave Cottage only held 3000. You're carrying a couple of decent crowds now because you have hit the big time. You're away following in recent years has been appalling bar a few games.

If foilk have paid for the tickets and don't turn up then waht does it matter? They've still paid for it!?!?! My seat doesn't get used every home game, but I'd love to be there and would if I could.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:59 pm

PtB wrote:
swansealad69 wrote:But we aint making out we are a big club???we took over 2k to stoke and most of our away games have been sell outs,,3400 to the cottage last away game,sold out last week for spurs away next sunday yet live on sky,,and as for your support falling away?how many were in your ground in the week??15 k at best,so even season ticket holders aint turning up ffs,even the ther tickets paid for,and even more cant give them away,you keep on about you have 18k houlders yes but do they all go???i think not even tho you are still well in with a shout of the play offs ffs,come on wake up and stop bull shiting your selfs.

Looked nothing like 3400 at Fulham, and I was under the impression the allocated away end at Crave Cottage only held 3000. You're carrying a couple of decent crowds now because you have hit the big time. You're away following in recent years has been appalling bar a few games.

If foilk have paid for the tickets and don't turn up then waht does it matter? They've still paid for it!?!?! My seat doesn't get used every home game, but I'd love to be there and would if I could.

Fulham was just over 2,300 in the away end plus probably a few hundred in the neutral area.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:00 pm

NJ73 wrote:
PtB wrote:

Fulham was just over 2,300 in the away end plus probably a few hundred in the neutral area.

Fair enough.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:02 pm

West Ham only brought 1,200 to us two weeks ago.They came down from the PL last year. They are a big club.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:27 pm

These jacks talk bollocks!! If my memory is correct they couldnt even sellout at home last year against Norwich which was a 6pointer and a discount if they bought a ticket for the game before!!

Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:34 pm

Away Attendance doesnt make a club big or not. Real madrid average between 200-300 away supporters at their away games and thats one of the highest in la liga.

Are they a small club??

Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:47 pm

swansealad69 wrote:Shows how you have changed in the last few years?you say good support?under 1300,to a game less then 1 and half hours away,a big club,and you on the verge of the playoffs??come on lads ffs this is a 6pointer for you,and you are having a good season alltho you have fallen away somewhat you have and still having a good one,yet less then 1300???if you belive thats good and you are happy it just shows how sad you have become.
There again with less then 900 at bcfc,and less then 400 at lufc then this is a big following???

And 47 to Sheff Utd? :lol:

Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:49 pm

NJ73 wrote:
PtB wrote:

Fulham was in fact 2019, thats pretty good for you because there was a gugby match on. :lol: Pretty shit tho eh?

Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:51 pm

Neath Bluebird wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
PtB wrote:

Fulham was in fact 2019, thats pretty good for you because there was a gugby match on. :lol: Pretty shit tho eh?

It was actually 2,350 not including those in the neutral section as stated in yesterdays match programme.

Any more made up numbers you'd like to share?

Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:54 pm

Now come on its nearly 10 o clock, time for you to be in bed for school in the morning ;)
I trust Fulham's facts and not yours by the way.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:56 pm

Neath Bluebird wrote:Now come on its nearly 10 o clock, time for you to be in bed for school in the morning ;)

:roll:

Are you claiming the Swans official match programme is lying? FFS :lol:

Where are these supposed Fulham facts?

Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:58 pm

NJ73 wrote:
Neath Bluebird wrote:Now come on its nearly 10 o clock, time for you to be in bed for school in the morning ;)

It's Swansea ffs, your just a bunch of liars, now go to bed it's late.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:59 pm

Neath Bluebird wrote:
NJ73 wrote:

No evidence at all then. And we're liars?

Shocking :lol:

Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:15 pm

I don't think 1200 to brum is that great but it sums up the general apathy. We wud once take 5 or 6000 to places like brentford ffs....2000 to Crewe etc...I guess away support in general isn't so great maybe?
Whatever swansealad can't say f all we have always had twice your away support and had 7000 more at home last year. No one cares of your opinion because your a jack. Even back in the day we would take 2 or 3000 to the vetch, you would always bring about half back. :old:

Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:24 pm

NJ73 wrote:
Neath Bluebird wrote:
NJ73 wrote:

No evidence at all then. And we're liars?

Shocking :lol:

I dont know which it was, but whether it was 2019 or 2300 it still goes to show swansea69 is once again shown up as an exaggerating bullshitter.

And 2000 to Fulham for a prem game isn't all that great, we've had more than that there for a 3rd division game .
;)

The whole away end, much of the stand by the river (where I was) and quite a few in the encosure to the right of the away end where it kicked off inevitably.

don't know what the actual folowing was but their crowd was 5700 against their next one of 3685. So given there would have been some away out of the 3685 then it would have been well over 2000 of us there (especially given that a fair few of the home fans would have been put off !) - almost half of the gate.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:29 pm

goats wrote:I don't think 1200 to brum is that great but it sums up the general apathy. We wud once take 5 or 6000 to places like brentford ffs....2000 to Crewe etc...I guess away support in general isn't so great maybe?
Whatever swansealad can't say f all we have always had twice your away support and had 7000 more at home last year. No one cares of your opinion because your a jack. Even back in the day we would take 2 or 3000 to the vetch, you would always bring about half back. :old:

I agree Goats, our away support is not like the old days, but I have started to see a ;ot of old faces returning, Boro here we come. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:53 pm

Lets be honest, al lot of the grounds/teams are not considered by us to be that big anymore! going to teams likre Brum, Leeds, Forest etc used to feel like big clubs with big crowds,however,we have come a long way , our crowds are consistently as big and after going to those grounds year in year out with all the ridiculous restrictions just wares most fans down. I would have gone today, but I'm certainly not putting myself out anymore to get to these places for 12 o'clock KO's for run of the mill games.

Annis is correct, if the Jacks were having the same run etc as we are, they would have struggled to turn out 500 today.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:54 pm

swansealad69 wrote:we would have taken more then you had,and i can promis you that,,and ok whats your excuses for less then 900 to brizy ???cant belive you can find any excuse for that lads or are you realy that looking through tainted glasses.

the bristol game came when we had 3 away trips within a short space including wembley and brighton away. unfortunately couldnt afford to do all 3 and something had to take priority. same could be said for many fans.. .

Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:59 pm

cc support was very good today considering time/rv.that figure carl gave was about right though it could be more not less.boro came with less on a 3pm sat.good noise and good humour

Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:05 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
jtc wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
jtc wrote:that figure seems about right carl.good support .

I wonder if jtc was that guy looking down at us after the Brum goal. :lol:

i was by the dugouts mate.not far from malky .you deserved at least a point.

A draw was fair.

Went for a drink before the game with Big Al(Cockney Al) and Sooty Jason, Bones was there after.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

i didn,t think you,d get a drink before the game annis.thats why i never asked. i,d have come to the pub.it would have been great to meet some of you.you sound like you had a good day .draw was fair but i think your boys aquitted themselves better than ours.we need to get our proper f/backs fit and fahey back.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:10 pm

jtc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
jtc wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

A draw was fair.

Went for a drink before the game with Big Al(Cockney Al) and Sooty Jason, Bones was there after.

i didn,t think you,d get a drink before the game annis.thats why i never asked. i,d have come to the pub.it would have been great to meet some of you.you sound like you had a good day .draw was fair but i think your boys aquitted themselves better than ours.we need to get our proper f/backs fit and fahey back.

Went to the Ibis hotel, about 4 mins walk from away end. As soon as the coach pulled up 6 of us were off and went and met some of your lads for drink. :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:40 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
jtc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
jtc wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

A draw was fair.

i didn,t think you,d get a drink before the game annis.thats why i never asked. i,d have come to the pub.it would have been great to meet some of you.you sound like you had a good day .draw was fair but i think your boys aquitted themselves better than ours.we need to get our proper f/backs fit and fahey back.[/q

Went to the Ibis hotel, about 4 mins walk from away end. As soon as the coach pulled up 6 of us were off and went and met some of your lads for drink. :ayatollah:

next time i,ll ask .you were keen mate .thats some going to get up there and a beer before a noon k.o on a sunday :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:03 pm

swansealad69 wrote:Shows how you have changed in the last few years?you say good support?under 1300,to a game less then 1 and half hours away,a big club,and you on the verge of the playoffs??come on lads ffs this is a 6pointer for you,and you are having a good season alltho you have fallen away somewhat you have and still having a good one,yet less then 1300???if you belive thats good and you are happy it just shows how sad you have become.
There again with less then 900 at bcfc,and less then 400 at lufc then this is a big following???

and you took 70 to ipswich :lol:

Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:39 am

murphy wrote:

and you took 70 to ipswich :lol:

:lol:

And until they were playing in the Premier their support was poor home and away.

Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:34 am

70 to ipswich yes but you should allso realise that many games were off due to the whole country being shut down because the worst snow in 20 years,,,makes it hard to travel???
And again i will explain,we dont make out that we are a big club and over the years before you got to the cup final you were getting 12 k so dont make out that you have allways been getting big crowds,plus every week it shows you getting 20k plus???but how many were in the ground against burnley??

Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:52 am

swansealad69 wrote:70 to ipswich yes but you should allso realise that many games were off due to the whole country being shut down because the worst snow in 20 years,,,makes it hard to travel???
And again i will explain,we dont make out that we are a big club and over the years before you got to the cup final you were getting 12 k so dont make out that you have allways been getting big crowds,plus every week it shows you getting 20k plus???but how many were in the ground against burnley??

1. Ipswich was a clear day. The Sheffield United game the weather was bad and that was only around the Birmingham area. in Sheffield it was quite clear hence why the game went ahead.

2. I've been in crowds of over 50,000 at Ninian Park and I have been in CCS when the stadium has been packed. In your hey day of the 80s you never got anywhere near that and how many times did you pack out the Liberty when you were in the Championship?

Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:24 am

swansealad69 wrote:70 to ipswich yes but you should allso realise that many games were off due to the whole country being shut down because the worst snow in 20 years,,,makes it hard to travel???

weren't no snow that day. i remember it well, it was begining of december, we had preston home.

Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:52 am

Bakedalasker wrote:

Ian, do you mean the bald guy that was up above us? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:55 am

Forever Blue wrote:
jtc wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

A draw was fair.

yes Annis they were sound lads and it was nice to have met them. He's a bit of a character that Big Al, he is obviously well known by everyone including the old Bill :D :lol: :lol: :lol:
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:22 pm

jtc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
jtc wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

A draw was fair.

jtc, we went to the Ibis reception but we didnt know that beforehand until we met up with Jason and then Big Al, there was only a few of us, Annis, myself, Cheggers, Luka and my son in law but was still a good catch up, maybe we can meet at our next game if we have one :o ;) hopefully will be the playoffs :thumbup:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: