Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

GREAT SUPPORT TODAY JUST UNDER 1,300

Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:56 pm

1,277 fans from City turned up at Birmingham today for a 12pm kick off. :ayatollah:

The fact we could pay at the gate (thanks Vince).

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: GREAT SUPPORT TODAY JUST UNDER 1,300

Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:59 pm

Great support from the boys good noises all afternoon on the radio.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:44 pm

The people on radio wales are always absolutely hopeless in estimating the away support. Said today there are about 400 or 500 Cardiff fans here today.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:01 pm

that figure seems about right carl.good support .

Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:25 pm

jtc wrote:that figure seems about right carl.good support .

I wonder if jtc was that guy looking down at us after the Brum goal. :lol:

Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:31 pm

1277 was the figure on CC Player.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:38 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:

i was by the dugouts mate.not far from malky .you deserved at least a point.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:01 pm

I think that was the amount sold rather than attended. I would have said in the region of 900 - 1000. Still top support :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:04 pm

bluetooth25 wrote:I think that was the amount sold rather than attended. I would have said in the region of 900 - 1000. Still top support :ayatollah:

I can't imagine too many people going to all the bother of arranging an away ticket/travel then not turn up?

Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:05 pm

jtc wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

i was by the dugouts mate.not far from malky .you deserved at least a point.

A draw was fair.

Went for a drink before the game with Big Al(Cockney Al) and Sooty Jason, Bones was there after.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:14 pm

It was excellent support and we really got behind the team.

I stood right beghind the goals about 3 rows up and had an excellent view of the ball hitting the net !

Couldn't beleive how quiet the Brum fans were, even when they were winning. They are worse than us -and the grumbles when they misplaced a pass, dear dear.

Last time I went there was about 1990 and it was nearly all terracing, one of the most intimidating grounds in the country. Today the most frightening thing we saw was that Asain lad giving the vicks to the buses on the way out with his trousers around his knees and his luminous lime green pants on display :lol:

As for the game, I felt we were on top for most of it and looked the better team, how on earth we didnt get a penalty for that blatent push right in front of us about 10 mins into the 2nd half I don't know. Brum only seemed to threaten on the break -and thats how their goal came.

There was a bit of hope for us there today and I'd love to go there again for the play-offs :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:19 pm

Lawnmower wrote:It was excellent support and we really got behind the team.

I stood right beghind the goals about 3 rows up and had an excellent view of the ball hitting the net !

Couldn't beleive how quiet the Brum fans were, even when they were winning. They are worse than us -and the grumbles when they misplaced a pass, dear dear.

Last time I went there was about 1990 and it was nearly all terracing, one of the most intimidating grounds in the country. Today the most frightening thing we saw was that Asain lad giving the vicks to the buses on the way out with his trousers around his knees and his luminous lime green pants on display :lol:

As for the game, I felt we were on top for most of it and looked the better team, how on earth we didnt get a penalty for that blatent push right in front of us about 10 mins into the 2nd half I don't know. Brum only seemed to threaten on the break -and thats how their goal came.

There was a bit of hope for us there today and I'd love to go there again for the play-offs :ayatollah:

Tim, The Brum fans were the quietest Ive ever seen them. :shock:

Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:19 pm

Suppose you have to remember they are on worse form than us recently and it was only last season they were in the prem and winning the Carling Cup.

Sounds like all had a good trip tho :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:43 pm

Radio Wales and Wales Today, and S4C, always underestimate our away support. They are all egg-chasers, with a different agenda.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:56 pm

Shows how you have changed in the last few years?you say good support?under 1300,to a game less then 1 and half hours away,a big club,and you on the verge of the playoffs??come on lads ffs this is a 6pointer for you,and you are having a good season alltho you have fallen away somewhat you have and still having a good one,yet less then 1300???if you belive thats good and you are happy it just shows how sad you have become.
There again with less then 900 at bcfc,and less then 400 at lufc then this is a big following???

Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:00 pm

swansealad69 wrote:Shows how you have changed in the last few years?you say good support?under 1300,to a game less then 1 and half hours away,a big club,and you on the verge of the playoffs??come on lads ffs this is a 6pointer for you,and you are having a good season alltho you have fallen away somewhat you have and still having a good one,yet less then 1300???if you belive thats good and you are happy it just shows how sad you have become.
There again with less then 900 at bcfc,and less then 400 at lufc then this is a big following???

go away

Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:16 pm

Why,truth hurts does it,,big clubs take more then 1300 a big game less then 2 hours away.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:21 pm

swansealad69 wrote:Shows how you have changed in the last few years?you say good support?under 1300,to a game less then 1 and half hours away,a big club,and you on the verge of the playoffs??come on lads ffs this is a 6pointer for you,and you are having a good season alltho you have fallen away somewhat you have and still having a good one,yet less then 1300???if you belive thats good and you are happy it just shows how sad you have become.

Its one and a half hours fron the east of Cardiff, for most of our fans its 2 hours plus (more for me as i live in Bridgend).

!,300 on a Sunday for a 12 o clock kick off it very good, considering the costs incurred for the Wembley final and season ticket renewals.

In comparison Brum brought the same amount to us and they have particularly good support away from home.
Out of interest what would you take in the same circumstances?

You are in the Premier League and you didnt sell out for Stoke away, and historically your home and away suport is lower than ours. That said our support should higher as Cardiff s population is close on 350,000 with a UDZ of 840,000 and is less travel distance to away games.

The other issue you should be concerned with is this, our support has not fallen one bit since you got promoted yet you lot were so fearful of us beating Blackpool and the impact it would have had on your home crowds. Thats a sign of a small club.
Last edited by Joff on Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:22 pm

swansealad69 wrote:Why,truth hurts does it,,big clubs take more then 1300 a big game less then 2 hours away.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Our coaches had to go the M6 and then meet at a RV point with the Police then taken in at 15 miles an hour. The journey was over 3hrs by coach for a 12pm kick off and over 3half hrs for the Neath/Port Talbot Cardiff fans.
Remember also won only 2 games in our last 12 games.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:26 pm

bluetooth25 wrote:I think that was the amount sold rather than attended. I would have said in the region of 900 - 1000. Still top support :ayatollah:

Are you nuts?

Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:29 pm

however way you butter it up its a shadow of your old support,,and yes you have slipped up latley you are still in a good position and brum is one of your closest games,and its a big game as you both needed a win to get you back in to the top 6,,and if its pay on the day then fans can make there own way up and need not go by bus,,so come on fella pull the other leg

Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:33 pm

swansealad69 wrote:however way you butter it up its a shadow of your old support,,and yes you have slipped up latley you are still in a good position and brum is one of your closest games,and its a big game as you both needed a win to get you back in to the top 6,,and if its pay on the day then fans can make there own way up and need not go by bus,,so come on fella pull the other leg

So again, how many would you take in the same circumstances?

Any why was your support at Stoke in the PL poor ? or didnt you go?

Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:33 pm

swansealad69 wrote:however way you butter it up its a shadow of your old support,,and yes you have slipped up latley you are still in a good position and brum is one of your closest games,and its a big game as you both needed a win to get you back in to the top 6,,and if its pay on the day then fans can make there own way up and need not go by bus,,so come on fella pull the other leg

Got to say i agree with you there Paul. But i cant say anything as i didn't go today :oops: :oops: :oops: But i do have a good excuse

Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:37 pm

Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:39 pm

But we aint making out we are a big club???we took over 2k to stoke and most of our away games have been sell outs,,3400 to the cottage last away game,sold out last week for spurs away next sunday yet live on sky,,and as for your support falling away?how many were in your ground in the week??15 k at best,so even season ticket holders aint turning up ffs,even the ther tickets paid for,and even more cant give them away,you keep on about you have 18k houlders yes but do they all go???i think not even tho you are still well in with a shout of the play offs ffs,come on wake up and stop bull shiting your selfs.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:39 pm

Joff wrote:

Joff, if they were honest and the rolls were reversed they would of taken about 500 for a 12pm kick off and an RV point on the M6 and only won 2 in their last 12 league games.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:43 pm

steve im going to tell nicol about this forum as im sure you will all enjoy her discusions????? :? :? :? :? :lol:

Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:47 pm

we would have taken more then you had,and i can promis you that,,and ok whats your excuses for less then 900 to brizy ???cant belive you can find any excuse for that lads or are you realy that looking through tainted glasses.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:51 pm

[quote="swansealad69"]But we aint making out we are a big club???we took over 2k to stoke and most of our away games have been sell outs,,3400 to the cottage last away game,sold out last week for spurs away next sunday yet live on sky,,and as for your support falling away?how many were in your ground in the week??15 k at best,so even season ticket holders aint turning up ffs,even the ther tickets paid for,and even more cant give them away,you keep on about you have 18k houlders yes but do they all go???i think not even tho you are still well in with a shout of the play offs ffs,come on wake up and stop bull shiting your selfs.[/quo

With a UDZ of 840,000, and a city population of 350,000 (2011 estimates), we would be a big club in the PL, and in ths division we are a top 6 club based on home fans only. Its funny really but every fan I speak to in the UK tells me we Cardiif are a big club. Even the Swansea fans my wife work with say the same.

Your opinion appears to be in the minority.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:53 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Joff wrote:

Joff, if they were honest and the rolls were reversed they would of taken about 500 for a 12pm kick off and an RV point on the M6 and only won 2 in their last 12 league games.

Sorry fella but that's utter bollocks.