Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

my boy had trials for cardiff city u12s today,goalkeeper

Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:25 pm

but sadly had an abbsolute shocker of a game,i dont think i have ever seen him play so poorly....so chin up joe :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: my boy had trials for cardiff city u12s today,goalkeeper

Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:01 pm

Tell him the forget that game and move on to the next. Cream will always float to the top of the milk. If he has the talent it will shine through :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:39 pm

It was probably nervs. just tell him to keep his chin up and keep trying his best and he might get another chance. i was at the game, my boy was the number 3 for the blue side.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:58 pm

good luck to both of you with lads trialing.hope things work out for them

Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:08 pm

Goalkeeping has to be the toughest position in the team IMO.
No doubt he will learn from it and get better, tell him to keep his chin up :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:26 pm

JPCCFC wrote:It was probably nervs. just tell him to keep his chin up and keep trying his best and he might get another chance. i was at the game, my boy was the number 3 for the blue side.

was he captain? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:27 pm

cheers,i was gutted,annoyed,unsympathetic.......and then i gave him a hug :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:40 pm

krabb wrote:
JPCCFC wrote:It was probably nervs. just tell him to keep his chin up and keep trying his best and he might get another chance. i was at the game, my boy was the number 3 for the blue side.

Yes, he has been there for 2 and a half seasons. He loves it. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:48 pm

JPCCFC wrote:
krabb wrote:

Yes, he has been there for 2 and a half seasons. He loves it. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

played well,ive never seen my boy play so poorly, :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:03 pm

krabb wrote:
JPCCFC wrote:
krabb wrote:

Thanks. But like i said earlier it was probably nervs. Its a big step up from club football. Even the academy keeper made a couple of mistakes today. :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:05 pm

JPCCFC wrote:
krabb wrote:
JPCCFC wrote:
krabb wrote:

Thanks. But like i said earlier it was probably nervs. Its a big step up from club football. Even the academy keeper made a couple of mistakes today. :ayatollah:

thankyou...will pass onto joe...i did warn him this is the elite boys..... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:48 pm

The keepers position is the hardest position to get into the academy Tell your boy to just keep on training and as I have been around academy football I can advise you that most of boys in th age groups under 12 downwards are likely not to b with the club at 16 it's just a fact
your boy will have talent as he would not have had a trail just keep the faith and if he is good enough he will be back I always recommend keeping kids out of academies until 14 and let them enjoy playing
Many of the kids city have just signed at under 18 level were not with the club until they were 14 including Tom O,Sullivan and Theo Wharton , Josh Yowarth in fact they failed in there first trails and now seen as rising stars

Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:03 pm

Milkybarkid wrote:The keepers position is the hardest position to get into the academy Tell your boy to just keep on training and as I have been around academy football I can advise you that most of boys in th age groups under 12 downwards are likely not to b with the club at 16 it's just a fact
your boy will have talent as he would not have had a trail just keep the faith and if he is good enough he will be back I always recommend keeping kids out of academies until 14 and let them enjoy playing
Many of the kids city have just signed at under 18 level were not with the club until they were 14 including Tom O,Sullivan and Theo Wharton , Josh Yowarth in fact they failed in there first trails and now seen as rising stars

cheers,its a massive help reading your post......thankyou...... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: