Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Malky's Motives "

Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:57 am

Is there structured method behind Malky's recently perceived madness in regard to his persistance to pick the same team that has in effect consistently failed over the last few weeks, and has produced very little promise for the remainder of the season.

Is Malky deliberately sending out the same side week in week out, a side he considers his first 11, to allow them to work through our barron period as a group thus making them a significantly stronger unit when they come out the other side, in full faith with the talent within that first 11 and faith that we will reach the play offs. Essentially creating a siege mentality within the squad and moulding a team that is battle hardened to a substantial extent and admirably conditioned from their experiences from the Carling Cup and subsequent League form.

Malky could just be pulling off a masterstroke here, and a brave but ingenius formula for Play Off success. Again the emphasis is hugely on his faith coming to fruition here, but that faith has been tested and proved successful already this season.

Re: Malky's Motives

Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:01 pm

Might be taking a risk to make the opposition overconfident. Worked for the LC final. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:05 pm

Interesting theory Jon, & i think you could be right. Malky knows what he wants & the players he wants [needs] as well.

It's going to be a very interesting summer!

Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:06 pm

I think he believes in the squad. We have a great starting 11 in this divison, but just going through a barron spell. If our better starting 11 can get out of this rut instead of subs and reserve players. I think we can go on a decent run to the end of the season. Thankfully teams around us have been slipping up aswell.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:21 pm

The faith is certainly being tested...although a good result and performance seemingly today. Millwall is surely must win now

Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:37 pm

Wonder if we'll see the same team on Saturday...? Possible inclusion of Miller???