Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Interesting tactic today

Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:17 am

Gunnarsson is playing in front of the midfield 4 and just behind Mason.

Will be interesting to see how this works out...Gunnarsson has probably been the one midfielder of late whos been confident enough to drive forward from midfield, and his pressing (which is probably the best in our squad) will be utilised further up the pitch, with the aim of nullifying Brum's attack at source.

Sounds like it's working so far on the radio :ayatollah:

Re: Interesting tactic today

Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:25 am

Hes not scored for 2 months though. Thoughts Whitts would have been better in that position.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:34 am

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:Hes not scored for 2 months though. Thoughts Whitts would have been better in that position.

That would've been the logical option and one that I think we all would've thought, but Malky does do things a little differently as we've seen of late! :D

I'm all for innovative thinking, and new ways of breaking down whats in front of us. Malky is certainly his own man, one the things I admire about him. And this is by no means a likeness to Dave Jones, who was also his own man, however he was basically a tw*t as well.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:26 pm

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:Hes not scored for 2 months though. Thoughts Whitts would have been better in that position.

I would prefer to see Whitts in that more advanced position as he's surely a more creative player, I think he's wasted passing from deep along the back 4 or the midfield. I do think Gunnarson has been playing that more advanced role for the past few games.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:38 pm

Rudy on for Cowie..

Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:42 pm

C'mon!!!

Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:42 pm

1-1 :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:48 pm

Miller on for McPhail...