RIP Jocky....loved this guy when I was a kid :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Jocky Wilson

Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:39 am

rip jocky
he was my fav when i was a kid

Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:05 am

Sorry to hear that.

He was a big star when I was growing up.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:16 am

Played against him a few times when he did exhibitions in this neck of the woods-great bloke.When I saw him last he had just been diagnosed with diabeties and was really struggling with it.That report on line about his drinking being overplayed is complete bullshit as I don't think I've ever met anyone else who could pack so much away and still stay on his feet.They don't make um like him anymore.RIP Jockey

Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:15 am

So sad a very talented player. I read in the Sun a few years back he became a recluse after retiring and he vowed never to speak or work with the media. I will always remember him battling the crafty cockney :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

So sad a very talented player. I read in the Sun a few years back he became a recluse after retiring and he vowed never to speak or work with the media. I will always remember him battling the crafty cockney :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:24 am

r.i.p jocky.im from the wilson/lowe/bristow era too.always liked watching those fellows.