Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Confiscated Season Ticket.

Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:34 pm

My dad who is an OAP was ill for the Hull game. My nephew who sits by my dad took his girlfriend who used my dads ticket for entry.

Hence my dads season ticket has been confinscated until he pays £4 to get it back. My dad has since missed the Burnley and Hull game, he has no intentions of getting his season ticket back and will not be renewing next year.

The truth is my dad would probably have not renewed next year as he has missed a lot of games this year. He has broke the rules by giving his season ticket to another person, however the clubs stance on this issue is not supporter friendly.

Some people will say the rules are the rules. However when something like this happens to a family member you feel dissapointed with our football club.

The club has sent a party to Germany to look at ways of improving the match day experience, perhaps they should start by looking at our own stewards and club rules.

Re: Confiscated Season Ticket.

Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:43 pm

Magners wrote:My dad who is an OAP was ill for the Hull game. My nephew who sits by my dad took his girlfriend who used my dads ticket for entry.

Hence my dads season ticket has been confinscated until he pays £4 to get it back. My dad has since missed the Burnley and Hull game, he has no intentions of getting his season ticket back and will not be renewing next year.

The truth is my dad would probably have not renewed next year as he has missed a lot of games this year. He has broke the rules by giving his season ticket to another person, however the clubs stance on this issue is not supporter friendly.

Some people will say the rules are the rules. However when something like this happens to a family member you feel dissapointed with our football club.

The club has sent a party to Germany to look at ways of improving the match day experience, perhaps they should start by looking at our own stewards and club rules.

Magners lately they have been picking on the loyal fans who are left and penny pinching, yes it might not be totally right, but its bums on seats as far as I am concerned.

Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:59 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Magners wrote:My dad who is an OAP was ill for the Hull game. My nephew who sits by my dad took his girlfriend who used my dads ticket for entry.

Magners lately they have been picking on the loyal fans who are left and penny pinching, yes it might not be totally right, but its bums on seats as far as I am concerned.

At the end of the day, a fan who gives another fan their season ticket for a game has probably earned the club more money as that fan may not have gone to the game otherwise and now they'll be spending money in the concourse or on programmes.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:01 am

Aramore wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

At the end of the day, a fan who gives another fan their season ticket for a game has probably earned the club more money as that fan may not have gone to the game otherwise and now they'll be spending money in the concourse or on programmes.

Correct. :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:05 am

they seem to be intent on pissing people off down there at the moment,i dont understand it... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:09 am

can I ask a few questions?
your father is an OAP so i presume he has a concession season ticket?
now your nephews girlfriend how old is she or is she a student?
i ask this because if she is a valid concession he should not have to pay the fine to get his ticket as there is no difference in ticket price.
however if your nephews girlfriend does have to pay for a full price ticket she is entering the ground with a concession ticket which means shes paying less than ever other fan in the ground and people have a right to complain about it
as far as i am aware the club does not expect you to buy a new ticket for a game or stop you from using a season ticket holders seat but if it is a concession season ticket and you are not a concession they ask that you pay the difference
which in my opinion is only fair.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:39 am

I'm sorry but if they let every oap and child ticket through when a adult is walking in it would cost the club a lot of money.

Should have contacted the ticket office before the game, paid the extra and they would have given you a new ticket. I don't see the problem and think the club are spot on in this case.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:53 am

2blue2handle wrote:I'm sorry but if they let every oap and child ticket through when a adult is walking in it would cost the club a lot of money.

Should have contacted the ticket office before the game, paid the extra and they would have given you a new ticket. I don't see the problem and think the club are spot on in this case.

so is it the same as i havent been for the last 3 games, due to work and living in carmarthenshire... if an OAP or student use my ticket, i should have money back?

it swings in roundabouts, the club are in the wrong in my opinion!

Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:59 am

No because that is not the rules when you buy a ticket.
You buy a season ticket to save money, it's your option you don't have to do it. But when buying it you buy the ticket depending depending on your status ie child, adult etc

My dad is a OAP and my sister is an adult, they share a season ticket for various reasons but buy it under my sisters name (adult). Yes it costs a lot more but it means both can use it.

Otherwise we would have the same problem as at Ninian park with thousands buying children tickets and going through as adults costin the clubs millions.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:59 am

cmorris1927 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:I'm sorry but if they let every oap and child ticket through when a adult is walking in it would cost the club a lot of money.

so is it the same as i havent been for the last 3 games, due to work and living in carmarthenshire... if an OAP or student use my ticket, i should have money back?

it swings in roundabouts, the club are in the wrong in my opinion!

seriously
ok ill buy an under 9s season ticket next season ill put my cousins name on it as hes 8 it will cost me £10
then ill decide my cousin cant make it to any games in the season so i must go myself
saves me a hell of a lot of money and more fool the people who pay full whack for season tickets

Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:31 am

if i cant go to a game, i always give my season ticket to a mate to go in my place.. ive never had a prob or issue ever

Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:39 am

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:if i cant go to a game, i always give my season ticket to a mate to go in my place.. ive never had a prob or issue ever

Likewise - never had a single issue with this.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:51 am

I know it seems harsh Magners mate, but he should have contacted them and paid the difference, just put
it down to a lesson learned?

Like others have said, Iv passed on my ticket when I cant make it a few times but its always to another Adult so makes
no difference.

Sorry fella, but I think the Club are right on this one.. :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:45 am

When my daughter cant go to a game we pay the extra, upgrade the ticket. Collect it on match day, never had a problem :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:53 am

Isn't is just a case of taking something you're not entitled to e.g. using a 'half' on a bus?

The Club is well within its rights IMO

Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:43 am

Seems very sad if the club are doing this, I mean its not as if theres an extra person coming in and their losing money your dad had paid for the season ticket if he cant make a game there would only be an empty seat there. I often give mine to my mate if I cant get down luckily havent encountered any issues yet.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:11 am

Cefnfforestbluebird wrote:Seems very sad if the club are doing this, I mean its not as if theres an extra person coming in and their losing money your dad had paid for the season ticket if he cant make a game there would only be an empty seat there. I often give mine to my mate if I cant get down luckily havent encountered any issues yet.

missing the point entirely.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:24 am

Cefnfforestbluebird wrote:Seems very sad if the club are doing this, I mean its not as if theres an extra person coming in and their losing money your dad had paid for the season ticket if he cant make a game there would only be an empty seat there. I often give mine to my mate if I cant get down luckily havent encountered any issues yet.

LOL.

When concession STs/tickets get scanned, light shows up. Someone clearly not eligible for that concession goes through, ST confiscated. Why? Because that person is not eligible for a concession, ergo the difference needed to have been paid.

Not difficult to understand that.

Somebody took the piss, card got confiscated, moral indignation follows.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:35 pm

One of our mates tried to get in with his mates sons under 16 season ticket, the steward stopped him and asked " how old are you?", he replied "15, but I haven't got my birth certificate with me", he's 50 years old :lol:

Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:27 pm

ok then my newphew who is only twelve went in on my mates ticket a couple of weeks a go when you go through the turnstiles it shows adult green light something like that the steward seen him come in on my mates ticket but didnt not question it do you know why because if he did they would have owed me money they want it all ways down there at the momeant at the end of the day if you cant go i think its upto you who you gave youre ticket to you have payed for it and its youre property

Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:36 pm

cardiff 74 wrote:ok then my newphew who is only twelve went in on my mates ticket a couple of weeks a go when you go through the turnstiles it shows adult green light something like that the steward seen him come in on my mates ticket but didnt not question it do you know why because if he did they would have owed me money they want it all ways down there at the momeant at the end of the day if you cant go i think its upto you who you gave youre ticket to you have payed for it and its youre property

Utterly and completely wrong.

From the back of the ST.

"This card is non-transferable. Any misuse will result in the card being confiscated and any upgrade charges will be applied".

Also further down

"This card remains the property of Cardiff City Football Club."

They owe you absolutely nothing in the scenario you give - the reality is, where there's no real loss to the club, then a blind eye is turned.

In the scenario given in the original post, the ST card was that of an OAP, a ST sold at a CONCESSIONAL rate. Somebody not eligible for that concessional rate used the card against the terms and conditions of the contract when you obtain a season ticket. THAT is why the card was confiscated.

If you can't understand the point, here's a scenario for you.

I cancel my renewed season ticket. I get my dad, an OAP, to get one. I then use that card the entire season.

Now do you spot the glaringly obvious problem?

Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:32 pm

Sorry to seem harsh but there are some seriously thick people on
this thread.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:37 pm

Whats to happen if a Adult season ticket is given to a child for a game because the adult cant make it?

Does the same apply? :roll:

Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:49 pm

nerd wrote:
cardiff 74 wrote:ok then my newphew who is only twelve went in on my mates ticket a couple of weeks a go when you go through the turnstiles it shows adult green light something like that the steward seen him come in on my mates ticket but didnt not question it do you know why because if he did they would have owed me money they want it all ways down there at the momeant at the end of the day if you cant go i think its upto you who you gave youre ticket to you have payed for it and its youre property

From the back of the ST.

"This card is non-transferable. Any misuse will result in the card being confiscated and any upgrade charges will be applied".

Also further down

They owe you absolutely nothing in the scenario you give - the reality is, where there's no real loss to the club, then a blind eye is turned.

In the scenario given in the original post, the ST card was that of an OAP, a ST sold at a CONCESSIONAL rate. Somebody not eligible for that concessional rate used the card against the terms and conditions of the contract when you obtain a season ticket. THAT is why the card was confiscated.

I cancel my renewed season ticket. I get my dad, an OAP, to get one. I then use that card the entire season.

bollocks

Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:51 pm

Had a similar incident one game, my brother who I sit in the family stand with often, as long as the seat is not occupied he sits with his mates at the back, although I'll say what he did was wrong by standing as well as his mates but its where the wall is behind them, anyhow a steward comes and checks their tickets and he confiscates my brother's but not his mates, while other people saw this they were saying that he was a bit out of order (the steward that is) luckily with me about I went to see the supervisor after the game who fair do's gives it back with my brother receiving a bollocking.

Next home game making sure for the rest of the season that he behaves and sat in his seat, a man in the row in front of me was saying to me that steward was out of order (seeing as people in other sections were also standing) and by pointing out that same game my brother had card taken that steward started picking on a kid who started playing on the game towards the end, what a f*cking bully judging by the look of him he's probably a failed copper/serviceman.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:31 pm

cardiff 74 wrote:
nerd wrote:

From the back of the ST.

Also further down

bollocks

Which parts? Things I've correctly written or your inability to understand terms and contracts?

Tell you what, send your nephew down on your ticket. You can then phone up the ticket office, explain the situation and ask for the refund you boldly claim is due.

You can record the call so you can then get it transcribed and posted on here. Remember not to leave out that parts where the ticket office staff laugh at you before it dawns on them you might be serious...

Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:47 pm

Basically, its fraud. End of.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:53 pm

What Jonny says seems fair mate. Pay the £4 and get your Dads season ticket back. It seems like he is missing out over £4 :o :o . Just pay it and say the Club has resolved the matter. You are happy and your Dads happy. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:25 pm

Ffs il send your dad 4 quid if I can get back the 3 minutes of my life ive wasted on this thread
d