Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Are we all still excited about this season?

Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:27 pm

After the excitement of the cup final and the top 3 position at the turn of the year and the high impact football we were playing and all the plaudits we were laying on Malky and the team I now find that this board has turned very negative in its postings.

My question is. Are we all still excited about the season and having Malky as manager and the general feeling around the club or are we all just pretty much bored by the 4-5-1, same old players despite them being knackered. The attendances are showing that the buzz has gone I am wondering if others are feeling it.

Thoughts?

Re: Are we all still excited about this season?

Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:36 pm

maccydee wrote:After the excitement of the cup final and the top 3 position at the turn of the year and the high impact football we were playing and all the plaudits we were laying on Malky and the team I now find that this board has turned very negative in its postings.

My question is. Are we all still excited about the season and having Malky as manager and the general feeling around the club or are we all just pretty much bored by the 4-5-1, same old players despite them being knackered. The attendances are showing that the buzz has gone I am wondering if others are feeling it.

Thoughts?

Could not care less for the 2nd hand milk cup me but now im bored f*cking stiff of the same old crap in the league we have had for months. Owners who are clearly not backing MM ON THE FIELD due to loan players he wanted where we wouldnt pay the wages to get them in TWO LOAN WINDOWS and TWO TRANSFER WINDOWS. A manager who has nothing else in mind but to watch are team play 4-5-1 with FVIE central midfielders all in eachothers pockets with no width at all, yet three months ago they would be kicking and fighting for everyball closing the other team down now we sit back yet it worked so well before january come but now its totally gone from are game :? .Which leads to are lone striker who has to come back to the midfield to touch the ball as the only time he gets a touch is then due to are back line having to hoofball it up the field to there center halfs while we sit on the edge of are box . IT SHIT FOOTBALL NOW ive seen better div two teams. What i can not get my head around is how have we gone from playing the best football in years i have seen us play to the worst ive seen in years within four months :shock:
Last edited by Bluebird1977 on Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:36 pm

Still excited
Still hopeful, just feel deflated at the moment after the last 6-10games or so.
Whatever formation Malky plays we have to trust, the man does his homework more I think than DJ ever did.
Still in with a good shout of finishing in the play off mix.

And with a win against Brum we will all be on cloud 9 again,

Does make me wonder how the Norwichs and Southamptons do what they've done but we can still do it, all be it the hard way :ayatollah:

KEEP THE FAITH :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:39 pm

LutonBluebird wrote:Still excited
Still hopeful, just feel deflated at the moment after the last 6-10games or so.
Whatever formation Malky plays we have to trust, the man does his homework more I think than DJ ever did.
Still in with a good shout of finishing in the play off mix.

And with a win against Brum we will all be on cloud 9 again,

Does make me wonder how the Norwichs and Southamptons do what they've done but we can still do it, all be it the hard way :ayatollah:

KEEP THE FAITH :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

agree with this^^^^^^^

Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:52 pm

The "buzz" has definitely gone, but were we expecting too much?

This season was only ever going to be one of consolidation, wasn't it??

After a lot of thinking, let see what happens in the summer at our club. I've got a feeling better time are on their way for City.

Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:23 pm

Still loving it. Without Cardiff life would be very boring indeed :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:26 pm

maccydee wrote:After the excitement of the cup final and the top 3 position at the turn of the year and the high impact football we were playing and all the plaudits we were laying on Malky and the team I now find that this board has turned very negative in its postings.

Thoughts?

Yes I am Neil, theres still all to play for, its going down to the wire. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:33 pm

If we beat Birmingham tomorrow everyone will stop moaning.

Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:39 pm

JonCCFC wrote:If we beat Birmingham tomorrow everyone will stop moaning.

I hope so. I really think we could do the opposite to what we normally do in that we are an after thought for the play offs now and sneak in and then we have the momentum. Previous years we have been firmly established or even disappointed to miss out on automatic and the playoffs then seem like a come down. When we went up from League 1 on that famous day at the Mill Stad we were in 6th and snuck into the playoffs and no one fancied us to go up.

Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:43 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Thoughts?

Yes I am Neil, theres still all to play for, its going down to the wire. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:thumbup: :ayatollah: