Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

IF MALKY CAN GET US

Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:09 pm

Into the Play Offs then he will have performed something just short of a miracle, after the equaliser went in against Coventry in the 94th minute, the players looked absolutely dejected. Any late goal, whether it be an equaliser or winner, is hard to take but those players on Wednesday looked mentally exhausted when the goal went in.

I personally think it will be extremely unlikely he will be able to pick them up from that goal but if he does then the man deserves the utmost respect and admiration.

:ayatollah:

Re: IF MALKY CAN GET US

Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:34 pm

carlccfc wrote:Into the Play Offs then he will have performed something just short of a miracle, after the equaliser went in against Coventry in the 94th minute, the players looked absolutely dejected. Any late goal, whether it be an equaliser or winner, is hard to take but those players on Wednesday looked mentally exhausted when the goal went in.

I personally think it will be extremely unlikely he will be able to pick them up from that goal but if he does then the man deserves the utmost respect and admiration.

I have to agree with you on that Carlos, there is still hope for us yet, we must believe. :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:44 pm

For that to happen, we need the fans onside. not heckling every mistake. The players are forever telling us they feed off the crowd, now when we are really low is when the players need the fans more than ever. Yes, it's a two way street but no matter what we are stll in the mix and we have to go into the next 8 games together.

Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:09 pm

carlccfc wrote:Into the Play Offs then he will have performed something just short of a miracle, after the equaliser went in against Coventry in the 94th minute, the players looked absolutely dejected. Any late goal, whether it be an equaliser or winner, is hard to take but those players on Wednesday looked mentally exhausted when the goal went in.

We are still very much in the playoff hunt Carl and even if we lose tomorrow we will still be right in the playoff hunt. After the results again today I'm even more convinced that it will take less than the normal 75 points to make the playoffs. We need to take a minimum of 12 out of the 24 points available and I think we will make the playoffs.

But we do need to start winning games again and a couple on the bounce would be perfect right now.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:11 pm

If he takes us up he'll deserve his own statue Carl :lol:

Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:14 pm

malky is the main reason they are exhausted tired and dejected.

Should have rotated the squad

Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:16 pm

Every little things, gonna be alright :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:47 pm

Lawnmower wrote:

If he takes us up he'll deserve his own statue Carl :lol:

if we changed it to statute, it could be his very own act of parliament :lol:

Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:54 pm

polo wrote:malky is the main reason they are exhausted tired and dejected.

Should have rotated the squad

ive gotta agree with that absolutely,
malky was the reason we were playing excellent up tempo football at the start of the season,i just hope we can somehow become rejuvenated.
Leeds came back and won away from home after incredibly losing 7-3,so the players cannot blame the late coventry equaliser for any kind of emotional hangover
will be at st andrews supporting the boys tomorrow as always, my 93rd consecutive city match home and away :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:34 pm

West Ham in the Final??? it's written in the stars :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:45 pm

totally agree carl, but the players have looked like that for a while. But agree it was a major kick in the teeth! If we'd held on for the three points i rekon it would have picked their confidence up a bit.