Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Too Many Draws to Prove Costly?

Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:58 am

Along with Palace we are the draw kings of the Championship. We have both registered 14 draws.

Is our lack of fire power and leaky defence going to cost us. In recent weeks we have conceded late goals against Brighton and Coventry to draw games instead of winning games from a winning position. Lets hope that against Brum we come back into a bit of form and become more solid with a few clean sheets. We can then grind out a few more wins and hopefully 3 points instead of 1. :ayatollah:

Re: Too Many Draws to Prove Costly?

Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:12 am

Too many wins have been turned into draws, but we've been good at that for a number of years now.

Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:19 am

Lets hope that we can reverse this, starting tomorrow at Brum. Change of form and habits and get into the play offs. :ayatollah: :D

Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:41 pm

Personally I feel its the attack that have let us down here.

When we have taken a lead we have had many chances to kill the game off but failed so many times. When we have been in the lead then given it away we have had plenty of chances to regain the lead.

The defecne was holding its own at the start of the season but you cannot expect it to carry on doing so when the attack is failing to compliment. Eventually it will crack.

Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:48 pm

Good point. I don't suppose it helps when the only striker being played is off form. The midfield are not contributing many goals (except Whitts). Cowie has not scored since last October, Gunnarsson back in January.

Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:02 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Personally I feel its the attack that have let us down here.

When we have taken a lead we have had many chances to kill the game off but failed so many times. When we have been in the lead then given it away we have had plenty of chances to regain the lead.

The defecne was holding its own at the start of the season but you cannot expect it to carry on doing so when the attack is failing to compliment. Eventually it will crack.

The impression I've got lately, is that the midfield drops too deeply, due to a lack of faith in our defence. We've become far too defensive in recent games when, up until this awful spell, we were a very dangerous, attacking, footballing side.