Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" 1,120 SOLD SO FAR "

Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:56 am

1,120 tickets sold to Cardiff City fans so far for Birmingham away this Sunday 12pm kick off. :ayatollah:

You can make your own way by car. :ayatollah:
Vince will have a few spare tickets out side the away end or buy yours now down the ticket office.

Re: " 1,120 SOLD SO FAR "

Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:06 am

and we will still make more noise than them Zulus ......MEN OF HARLECH !! :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:08 am

ccfcgrangeend wrote:and we will still make more noise than them Zulus ......MEN OF HARLECH !! :ayatollah:

Were going to be loud on Sunday. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:16 am

Not having a pop lads,but dont you think thats poor for a huge game???? :?

Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:22 am

swansealad69 wrote:Not having a pop lads,but dont you think thats poor for a huge game???? :?

Considering our form in our last 12 league games is bottom 4(just 2 wins) and relegation stuff and a 12pm kick off No.

But in the 80's with our home crowds of 8,000, we would of taken 2,000 there. :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:28 am

swansealad69 wrote:Not having a pop lads,but dont you think thats poor for a huge game???? :?

Sorry Swansealad, I was just thinking the opposite, all things considered that's not a bad turnout at all.

Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:31 am

Agreed your season has taken a dip,however its brum away and its a 6pointer, and. lets face it you are still in a great position for the playoffs.
And its what a hour half away or two at most???

Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:38 am

swansealad69 wrote:Agreed your season has taken a dip,however its brum away and its a 6pointer, and. lets face it you are still in a great position for the playoffs.

My honest opinion, our away support is no where as good as when our home crowds were low and we were in the lower division and the majority of our support was lads.

Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:03 am

swansealad69 wrote:Agreed your season has taken a dip,however its brum away and its a 6pointer, and. lets face it you are still in a great position for the playoffs.

2 hours travel followed by an hour being p1ssed about when we get there.

Many still think its a bubble.

Its Sun 12 AM, the day the clocks go back.

Half our fans have given up on going up, many others are fed up with the way we get treated at aways.

Many many more are just skint after Palace away, Wembley etc..

Don't forget the 35000 we took to Wembley will have spent a total of £2m + , add up all your away followings this season, work out what they will have paid and you'll see thats probably about what you will have all spent. As you yourself have pointed out many times, money is tight at the moment and there are limits to what people can do. I would normally have took a full coach myself (had 165 for Wembley on our buses from Caerphilly -and there were loads of others from the same town), only TWO of us went to bristol and only FOUR tomorrow.

Ironically if I wans't going on holiday we would fill a bus for Barnsley, as the lads see that as a better day out than an early Sunday k.o. and being treated like shit by WMP tomorrow.

Finally, don't forget the hundreds that are banned !

Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:07 am

Gutted I can't go but family duty calls this weekend after going to Bristol and the three home games.

I love away games though - jumping around like a kid when winner went in at Bristol was best fun you can have with your clothes on.
:ayatollah:

Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:09 am

That's a poor turnout no matter how you dress it up.Almost a local derby really but as your turnout at Bristol proved your fan base is dwindling=,slowly but surely.That Wembley final once again has been a bad thing for your club.

Talking of which why doesn't someone at your club say bollocks to the cups this season,lets go out in the first rounds and concentrate on the league this year.You all laughed at us going out to Shrewsbury in the first round and look how things have turned out.I bet you'd happily have gone out in the early rounds to still be pushing for automatic.

Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:12 am

6 bysedd wrote:That's a poor turnout no matter how you dress it up.Almost a local derby really but as your turnout at Bristol proved your fan base is dwindling=,slowly but surely.That Wembley final once again has been a bad thing for your club.

Talking of which why doesn't someone at your club say bollocks to the cups this season,lets go out in the first rounds and concentrate on the league this year.You all laughed at us going out to Shrewsbury in the first round and look how things have turned out.I bet you'd happily have gone out in the early rounds to still be pushing for automatic.

says a fan of a team that took about 12 people to Ipswich last season :lol:

Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:16 am

Halifax93 wrote:
6 bysedd wrote:That's a poor turnout no matter how you dress it up.Almost a local derby really but as your turnout at Bristol proved your fan base is dwindling=,slowly but surely.That Wembley final once again has been a bad thing for your club.

70 werent it? And when the country was covered in snow :lol: Nice try though.Beautiful weekend ahead and you lot are taking just over a 1000 to Birmingham :lol:

Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:23 am

And what if we DIDN'T go up.

I wouldn't have missed that day out for the world. it was superb. The best of our 4 recent Wembley appearances by far -even better than the one we won.

You should start the season looking to win everything . we played our reserves for the first 3-4 rounds anyway.

Our fan base isn't dwindling, its just that people are skint. Simple as.

Similar things have affected lots of clubs, you should see the shameful followings that come to the CCS. Hull, Burnley, Coventry - each had about 200 fans in the last few days.

We nearly always take more away than other clubs bring to us.

Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:23 am

6 bysedd wrote:
Halifax93 wrote:

70 werent it? And when the country was covered in snow :lol: Nice try though.Beautiful weekend ahead and you lot are taking just over a 1000 to Birmingham :lol:

Okay, you've made me do it - anorak time... last season, the best in your recent history, your average away following was 960 :oops: . Ours was over 1,500. You did average slightly more than Doncaster, well done.

http://www.hullcityindependent.net/?pag ... ad_id=8601

Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:24 am

6 bysedd wrote:
Halifax93 wrote:

its not a bad following for a sunday morning mush
you used to bring less down to us before you had the safety of a bubble trip ;)

Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:25 am

Halifax93 wrote:
6 bysedd wrote:
Halifax93 wrote:

Okay, you've made me do it - anorak time... last season, the best in your recent history, your average away following was 960 :oops: . Ours was over 1,500. You did average slightly more than Doncaster, well done.

http://www.hullcityindependent.net/?pag ... ad_id=8601

nice one

Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:25 am

Have you a proper link to that and not off a Hull City messageboard :?

Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:30 am

6 bysedd wrote:Have you a proper link to that and not off a Hull City messageboard :?

:lol:

Doesn't fit in with what you expected and wanted to see :lol:

Don't worry I've seen that table before and its spot on.

So are the Hull fans comments :ayatollah:

Look for your own like you lazy b*stard. :lol:

Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:32 am

Lawnmower wrote:
6 bysedd wrote:Have you a proper link to that and not off a Hull City messageboard :?

By the way, the season after you came up you were very close to our away following. Mianly due to the fact that there were so many new grounds for your fans which we were visiting for the 6th or 7th time.

You might see a drop in your aways next season for the same reason.

Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:34 am

Lawnmower wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:

By the way, the season after you came up you were very close to our away following. Mianly due to the fact that there were so many new grounds for your fans which we were visiting for the 6th or 7th time.

You might see a drop in your aways next season for the same reason.

back in the toshak days the first season they took loads everywhere after that it was feck all

Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:57 am

Swansea city fan base is growing by the week,at the end of the day all this free advertising with all the papers media talking about us then can you realy see us going back wards??realy?
Last season you say we avv 960 away and you 1500,,and you think you are a lot bigger club because of the 540 diffrence?and lets not forget that you have been pushing for promotion for the last 5 years and a cup final,so your fan base should have gone up,however your away support this season is poor however way you skin it,leeds away 360???but less then 900 to bristol is shit,and lets face it that is a big game for you.
Anyway unless you get in to the prem our support is going to leave you behind,after all, all the 50 50 fans will support us and any kid will now be looking at us and so on,the only thing you have over us is a bigger stadium,and plans are going in to put the lib up to over 30 k,

Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:06 am

swansealad69 wrote:Swansea city fan base is growing by the week,at the end of the day all this free advertising with all the papers media talking about us then can you realy see us going back wards??realy?
Last season you say we avv 960 away and you 1500,,and you think you are a lot bigger club because of the 540 diffrence?and lets not forget that you have been pushing for promotion for the last 5 years and a cup final,so your fan base should have gone up,however your away support this season is poor however way you skin it,leeds away 360???but less then 900 to bristol is shit,and lets face it that is a big game for you.
Anyway unless you get in to the prem our support is going to leave you behind,after all, all the 50 50 fans will support us and any kid will now be looking at us and so on,the only thing you have over us is a bigger stadium,and plans are going in to put the lib up to over 30 k,

we had restrictions for leeds and had to meet up for the worzel game
so not just a matter of going
i won't go to a game with restrictions out of princible
cant see you getting a bigger fans base fella because a lot of areas link to ccfc is so stong

Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:10 am

MAESTEG BLUE wrote:
swansealad69 wrote:Swansea city fan base is growing by the week,at the end of the day all this free advertising with all the papers media talking about us then can you realy see us going back wards??realy?

cant see you getting a bigger fans base fella because a lot of areas link to ccfc is so stong

Even I stopped going to Bristol City away one season, I live 30 mins from Bristol C, yet a few seasons ago we had to meet at our stadium,then wait half hour, then go like tortoises to a meeting point, then wait for 4 coaches at a time to go in, the journey took over 3hrs :o :shock: So the following year I gave it a miss, as to me this is suppose to be a local derby game and bit by bit many Cardiff fans have done the same.

Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:53 am

Forever Blue wrote:
MAESTEG BLUE wrote:

Even I stopped going to Bristol City away one season, I live 30 mins from Bristol C, yet a few seasons ago we had to meet at our stadium,then wait half hour, then go like tortoises to a meeting point, then wait for 4 coaches at a time to go in, the journey took over 3hrs :o :shock: So the following year I gave it a miss, as to me this is suppose to be a local derby game and bit by bit many Cardiff fans have done the same.

A lot better this year though Annis.

I got a bit confused by actually needing a ticket to get in though, I thought the stewards were bull-sh1tting and went over tho the back gates twice :lol:

Got back to bedwas by 8.30 - from a 5.20Pm k.o, faster than getting back from the CCS :lol:

Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:57 am

Facts are the facts mate.

IF and when you get bigger then feel free to enjoy it, until then its us with the bigger crowds. Maybe not next season, but who knows what the future holds ?

You might get planning, then you might stay up next season, then you might expand your ground, then you might stay up the season after, then you might fill the ground...

On the other hand you might come down, or we might go up. And IF we do we already have plans in place to take our ground up to 33-35k and we WILL fill it. :ayatollah:

Off to enjoy the day now. :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:10 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Considering our form in our last 12 league games is bottom 4(just 2 wins) and relegation stuff and a 12pm kick off No.

But in the 80's with our home crowds of 8,000, we would of taken 2,000 there. :ayatollah:

Yes but there was a reason for that!!!!! :lol: ;) ;) :old:

Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:29 pm

arri potta wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Yes but there was a reason for that!!!!! :lol: ;) ;) :old:

There certainly was. oops.

Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:35 pm

why?we got relegated last year but won league cup.wouldn,t swop that day for nothing.no cup win no brugge.europeon football at st andrews :o .may never happen again .ok swansea have stayed up easily and done well but if next year you manage to stay up you may be glad of a good cup run if it pans out that your only aim in the prem is to avoid relegation.i can speak with authority as my team has spent more time in the prem in the last ten year than out of it.yes it,s a better to test yourselves against the best in the country but it ain,t the be all and end all to every fan.12ooplus isn,t bad considering the k.o time and the amount of games that cardiff have played this season.birmingham must have done 50 games already,there is only so much money in the pot.

Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:56 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
MAESTEG BLUE wrote:

A lot better this year though Annis.

I got a bit confused by actually needing a ticket to get in though, I thought the stewards were bull-sh1tting and went over tho the back gates twice :lol:

Got back to bedwas by 8.30 - from a 5.20Pm k.o, faster than getting back from the CCS :lol:

Tim, It def was :ayatollah: And if we play them next year I am sure many more will go.

Funny story is Westham just down from the Premier Top 2 and they brought 1,200 to us, we allowed them 1,800. Hmm