Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" ANOTHER YOUNGSTER CITY WANT TO SIGN "

Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:54 pm

City have offered a 2 year deal to young centre midfielder Theo Wharton.

Theo made his first team debut in the FA Cup defeat at West Brom earlier this season.

Good to see our academy kids getting offered professional contracts :ayatollah:

This is on top of the deal for Tommy O Sullivan that I told you about last week. :ayatollah:

Re: ANOTHER YOUNGSTER CITY WANT TO SIGN

Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:56 pm

carlccfc wrote:City have offered a 2 year deal to young centre midfielder Theo Wharton.

Theo made his first team debut in the FA Cup defeat at West Brom earlier this season.

This is on top of the deal for Tommy O Sullivan that I told you about last week. :ayatollah:

So we are signing someone at last :o if, buts, maybes, near misses, all put to bed :lol:
good for the future of course but i doubt we will see him for a season or two on a reg basis :ayatollah:

I would rather give the kids a run out than watch more dire football again like we have been for ages now, the seasons gone and past us by the way i see it if we are going to carry on this terrible showings on the field in all aspects of the game.
Last edited by Bluebird1977 on Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Re: ANOTHER YOUNGSTER CITY WANT TO SIGN

Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:57 pm

carlccfc wrote:City have offered a 2 year deal to young centre midfielder Theo Wharton.

We lost, though. Not a good start!

:lol:

Can we put him in at Brum? Hopefully, he won't drop as deeply as those who played against Coventry.

Re: " ANOTHER YOUNGSTER CITY WANT TO SIGN "

Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:24 pm

Malky confirmed in Wednesday's program notes that wed already signed him and Tommy.

Keep up Carl :ayatollah: :D

Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:53 pm

Fantastic. As the League Cup round 1 always falls on or near an international date, it would be great to see him and Tommy get a run-out.
My uncle works with Theo's dad, and he says he's very quick. Can he play out wide or just in the middle? :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:12 pm

great to see them getting signed up...ive seen tommy play a few times and hes good ,very impressive,plenty of movement a great touches.

Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:13 pm

La Masia has nothing on our youth system :D

Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:04 pm

are these kids genuinely that good or are they just the cheap option for next season instead of signing good quality players?

Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:26 pm

He played against me a few years ago and lower league level, I played in goals and he scored this screamer against me :lol:

He was a cracking player then but obviously higher level but good luck :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:48 am

ccfclover wrote:are these kids genuinely that good or are they just the cheap option for next season instead of signing good quality players?

Cheap option, if people have not realised that by now after two loans windows with two transfer windows already they need to wake up :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:30 am

Well done City.....joe Mason has been a breath of fresh air this season.

Never underestemate the power of youth. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:39 am

Didnt someone once say you'll never win anything with kids !!??

Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:21 am

CCFC 24 wrote:Malky confirmed in Wednesday's program notes that wed already signed him and Tommy.

Keep up Carl :ayatollah: :D

I don't buy the programme, did Malky confirm that he had signed the deal?

Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:45 pm

ccfclover wrote:are these kids genuinely that good or are they just the cheap option for next season instead of signing good quality players?

Tommy O'Sullivan will turn out to be city legend if looked after right :!:

Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:57 pm

Coco wrote:Didnt someone once say you'll never win anything with kids !!??

They did. Since then, "his" team have won 1 Champions League, and the team built with kids has won 9 Premier Leagues, two Champions Leagues, a treble, four FA cups, a world club championship... Need I go on?!

See Joe Mason for proof of the phrase "If they're good enough, they're old enough". :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:18 pm

The Youngsters are our future. :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:18 pm

The Youngsters are our future. :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:35 pm

grangetownblue96 wrote:

Tommy O'Sullivan will turn out to be city legend if looked after right :!:

But less than 500 followers on twitter, get following people ;)