Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Christian Roberts, Our Ex-Player

Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:47 pm

Christian Roberts was at a meeting my wife attended today, as part of the Show Racism The Red Card campaign.

She was very impressed by him and his attitude etc, so I just wanted to say a big thank you, if someone can pass it on to him, please. He is a credit to his family and to the great city of Cardiff. He's had a lot of ups and downs and has fought hard to get where he is today.

Well done, fella.

Re: Christian Roberts, Our Ex-Player

Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:50 pm

Good man is Christian...he's plaing in the For Luca charity game Cardiff Legends side Im organising on the 24th June! :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:55 pm

Dange wrote:Good man is Christian...he's plaing in the For Luca charity game Cardiff Legends side Im organising on the 24th June! :ayatollah:

Nice one. Make sure you keep us up to date with all the details and I'll pop over with my clan.

:ayatollah:

Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:04 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
Dange wrote:Good man is Christian...he's plaing in the For Luca charity game Cardiff Legends side Im organising on the 24th June! :ayatollah:

Nice one. Make sure you keep us up to date with all the details and I'll pop over with my clan.

Fantastic mate, the more the merrier....even Milli is making a guest appearance! Just added a justgiving page for Luca on the thread...it'll be a great day for all of the family!

Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:06 pm

Dange wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

Fantastic mate, the more the merrier....even Milli is making a guest appearance! Just added a justgiving page for Luca on the thread...it'll be a great day for all of the family!

On second thoughts, if there are dodgy Newport boys there.....

Only joking, I'll make an effort.

Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:09 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
Dange wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

There'll be loads mate.....most of which are Blue from birth, including me!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:21 pm

Dange wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:
Dange wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

There'll be loads mate.....most of which are Blue from birth, including me!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Let's hope the weather's like this weekend. My kids hate the rain - proper couch potatoes, they are.

Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:59 pm

Any info regarding that game? i'll be interested in going

Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:02 pm

jinks-rct wrote:

Any info regarding that game? i'll be interested in going

I'll bump the topic now mate....For Luca 24th June 2012 :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:04 pm

I ghostwrote Christians autobiography 'Life is a Game of Inches' which chronicles his battle with alcoholism! I'll pass on your message! He's a top guy who went through hell and came out the other side! He does a lot for charity and is thought of very highly at the Racism campaign!

Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:05 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:I ghostwrote Christians autobiography 'Life is a Game of Inches' which chronicles his battle with alcoholism! I'll pass on your message! He's a top guy who went through hell and came out the other side! He does a lot for charity and is thought of very highly at the Racism campaign!

Thanks. He did himself proud today.

Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:57 am

I remember him playing for Bristol city against us twice and receiving some abuse which was embarrassingly loud enough for him to hear. Even after this when he scored he still refused to celebrate and just walked from goal with head down. True bluebird as we all know :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:31 am

When I was living in Cyncoed in my uni years, our local pub Christian had his own seat at the bar, always in there. Seemed decent enough :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:22 am

cardiff yid wrote:I remember him playing for Bristol city against us twice and receiving some abuse which was embarrassingly loud enough for him to hear. Even after this when he scored he still refused to celebrate and just walked from goal with head down. True bluebird as we all know :ayatollah:

i remember that game , he dont deserve any abuse it was ridiculous . top guy roberts :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:32 pm

I remember that game too, and was appalled at some of the behaviour - but he reacted with dignity - top guy :ayatollah: