Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Jon Parkin

Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:05 pm

If Malky wasn't going to bring in another striker and with Rudy picking up his fair share of injuries would it have been worthwhile to keep him at the club instead of letting him go out to Scunthorpe. I don't think he would set the world alight but may have provided a big physical presence up front.

He seems to have done all right with Scunthorpe. Played 11 games, scored 5 goals, 22 shots on target and 12 off and hitting the woodwork once.

Re: Jon Parkin

Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:10 pm

How rudy is a pro i will never know ive seen better players on sunday morning walking the dog on half mud half grass pitches with beer bellys playing games on there :oops:for MM signing him in the first place , parkin can atleast hold the ball up win headers and even pass it while bullying defenders. Rudy just falls over or better still he falls over the ball with feet like bambi hes totally useless :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:19 am

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:If Malky wasn't going to bring in another striker and with Rudy picking up his fair share of injuries would it have been worthwhile to keep him at the club instead of letting him go out to Scunthorpe. I don't think he would set the world alight but may have provided a big physical presence up front.

He seems to have done all right with Scunthorpe. Played 11 games, scored 5 goals, 22 shots on target and 12 off and hitting the woodwork once.

Wouldn't have set the world alight? - he wouldn't have set a bonfire alight! - I've seen more life in a tramps vest :D

Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:23 am

If earnie can't make the bench I doubt Parkin would.

I believe city should have two strikers on the bench, I prefer rudy over Parkin but one should be on the bench

Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:31 am

mugsy wrote:
bridgendbluebird30 wrote:If Malky wasn't going to bring in another striker and with Rudy picking up his fair share of injuries would it have been worthwhile to keep him at the club instead of letting him go out to Scunthorpe. I don't think he would set the world alight but may have provided a big physical presence up front.

Wouldn't have set the world alight? - he wouldn't have set a bonfire alight! - I've seen more life in a tramps vest :D

Rudy couldnt start a fire with 3 gallons of petrol, 500 matches and the ghost of guy fawlkes in his ear.

Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:20 am

im guessing rudy didnt bully faubert in this clip??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rITbDC5OPAs

Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:45 am

ReeseBluebird1927 wrote:im guessing rudy didnt bully faubert in this clip??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rITbDC5OPAs

The guy fell over that was the 1st game of the season, if thats all hes done for you well you need to go watch us more :oops:

Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:46 am

polo wrote:
mugsy wrote:

Rudy couldnt start a fire with 3 gallons of petrol, 500 matches and the ghost of guy fawlkes in his ear.

Polo you never cease to amaze me :lol: