Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Football fans need their heads tested

Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:09 pm

what other industry such as football can serve up utter rubbish yet have so much loyalty. Lets put it this way if I had been to a restaurant and been served up utter crap but for some reason I went again and yet again I had crap food Then I thought maybe the last two occasions the cook had an off day,let's give him another chance and yet again we get served utter crap Well by this time my friends would say I am mad and they would be right
Yet with football ( and I renewed my season ticket today ) we keep going back even when we are being served up utter crap at present I feel as if I am now in a situation where I must not miss a game,just in case I miss the one day we are served up with a great performance

I am like many on here my values are totally different when football is involved and therefore I will be there for the next serving of crap and will still be supporting the teams along with all you other mad people

Re: Football fans need their heads tested

Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:04 pm

I've been supporting City nearly 40yrs and if you think this season's crap then youv'e not lived :lol:

Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:08 pm

Milkybarkid wrote:what other industry such as football can serve up utter rubbish yet have so much loyalty. Lets put it this way if I had been to a restaurant and been served up utter crap but for some reason I went again and yet again I had crap food Then I thought maybe the last two occasions the cook had an off day,let's give him another chance and yet again we get served utter crap Well by this time my friends would say I am mad and they would be right
Yet with football ( and I renewed my season ticket today ) we keep going back even when we are being served up utter crap at present I feel as if I am now in a situation where I must not miss a game,just in case I miss the one day we are served up with a great performance

I am like many on here my values are totally different when football is involved and therefore I will be there for the next serving of crap and will still be supporting the teams along with all you other mad people

its not mad, its football for you :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:55 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:I've been supporting City nearly 40yrs and if you think this season's crap then youv'e not lived :lol:

Had a seas
Have been supporting city since 73 so I know how bad it's been but that last 3 games have been crap and would have been crap in any of those years

Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:10 pm

Been suporting and watching since 1968 and Admittedly the last few games have been bad, however I went through the Durban years :old: :old: :old:

Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:14 pm

Milkybarkid wrote:what other industry such as football can serve up utter rubbish yet have so much loyalty. Lets put it this way if I had been to a restaurant and been served up utter crap but for some reason I went again and yet again I had crap food Then I thought maybe the last two occasions the cook had an off day,let's give him another chance and yet again we get served utter crap Well by this time my friends would say I am mad and they would be right

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Proper bonkers, me! Renewed mine and my son's last month and still can't believe I did it!

:lol:

Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:40 pm

I had a good old whinge after the coventry game but the very next day was looking forward to birmingham
following city sure beats getting drunk on crap beer,listening to crap music and being in the same old crap pub and most people around seem to live for that

Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:14 pm

englishbluebird wrote:I had a good old whinge after the coventry game but the very next day was looking forward to birmingham
following city sure beats getting drunk on crap beer,listening to crap music and being in the same old crap pub and most people around seem to live for that

Tis true.

:ayatollah:

Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:41 pm

because there are plenty of other restaurants to eat in... Your football team is part of your family, and you support it through the good and the bad...
one of my kids is not as well behaved as his best friend, I have told him to behave, he still makes the same mistakes, don't mean I want to swap him for his best friend...
certain things you don't accept bad service for and put a stop to it, other things you give a second, third, forth, fifth chance..
When you love your football, it's not as easy to give it up, like it is to stop eating in a bad restaurant.

Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:58 pm

6blubirds wrote:

because there are plenty of other restaurants to eat in... Your football team is part of your family, and you support it through the good and the bad...
one of my kids is not as well behaved as his best friend, I have told him to behave, he still makes the same mistakes, don't mean I want to swap him for his best friend...
certain things you don't accept bad service for and put a stop to it, other things you give a second, third, forth, fifth chance..
When you love your football, it's not as easy to give it up, like it is to stop eating in a bad restaurant.

Agreed. I've been trying to kick the Cardiff City habit for most of the years since I started in 1976.

:lol:

Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:16 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:I've been supporting City nearly 40yrs and if you think this season's crap then youv'e not lived :lol:

so have i and i couldnt agree more with you! :ayatollah: