Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

why wouldn't we survive in the Premiership

Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:10 pm

Hi lads & lasses,

As the question states, I see so many posts on here saying we'd get smashed week in week out if we went up, but would we, really?

Hypothetical anyway as the chances of us going up this season are dwindling by the day - but my point is valid.

The Jacks & Norwich have proved just because you go up & don't spend much money there are no guarantees you come straight back down.

And I personally think you could almost throw a blanket over the top 10 of the Championship & bottom 10 of the Premiership.

The squad we have now would just be in the relegation mix of the Premiership. But even that won't be enough for some I feel.

Would just like to know people's reasons why they think we'd be the whipping boys? (Granted the football we are churning out currently is a good reason....but aside from that, does everyone really think the QPR's, Wolves, Bolton's, Blackburn's of this world are THAT much better than us?)

Re: why wouldn't we survive in the Premiership

Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:17 pm

BobBankLoyalist wrote:Hi lads & lasses,

As the question states, I see so many posts on here saying we'd get smashed week in week out if we went up, but would we, really?

Hypothetical anyway as the chances of us going up this season are dwindling by the day - but my point is valid.

The Jacks & Norwich have proved just because you go up & don't spend much money there are no guarantees you come straight back down.

And I personally think you could almost throw a blanket over the top 10 of the Championship & bottom 10 of the Premiership.

The squad we have now would just be in the relegation mix of the Premiership. But even that won't be enough for some I feel.

Would just like to know people's reasons why they think we'd be the whipping boys? (Granted the football we are churning out currently is a good reason....but aside from that, does everyone really think the QPR's, Wolves, Bolton's, Blackburn's of this world are THAT much better than us?)

We gave Liverpool a good game at Wembley, so by that rationale, you'd think we could survive.

In reality, though, we've just picked up 2 points from a possible 9 out of 3 home games that were all winnable on paper. We lost to Hull, had a goalless draw with mid table Burnley and drew 2-2 with Coventry (one of the relegation favourites all season), who had a woeful penalty miss that could've won it for them.

If you'd asked me this question 2 months ago, I would've said yes, but it's now a very definite "no."

Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:47 pm

We wouldn't stand a chance in the Prem, our fans would boo a 1-1 home draw and bitch we aren't challenging for Europe. Europe.

Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:39 pm

Nobody knows until we get there and try so until that day comes im cheering them on week in week out in the Championship :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:42 pm

RFMH wrote:We wouldn't stand a chance in the Prem, I would boo a 1-1 home draw and bitch we aren't challenging for Europe.

Agreed.

Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:49 pm

RFMH wrote:We wouldn't stand a chance in the Prem, our fans would boo a 1-1 home draw and bitch we aren't challenging for Europe. Europe.

I have to questions the Malaysians motives, they don't want us in the champions league, they never even tried for that Messi on loan ! WTF !!! :o :ayatollah:

Sack malky and go for Sir Alex, or we need a young experienced manger with tried and tested new idea's who has also won a world cup.

Makes you laugh on here.

Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:52 pm

We ca'nt even beat mediocre Championships teams at the moment.

Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:25 pm

buckleys brewery wrote:We ca'nt even beat mediocre Championships teams at the moment.

Doesn't mean anything. Man U lost to Palace.

Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:28 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: