Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Looking At All The Loan Deals

Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:17 pm

Looking At All The Loan Deals, you can view them here,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/transfers/

Personally i don`t think any of them are better than what we got.

Might explain our lack of activity in the loan window, maybe the talent required just wasn`t available..

Re: Looking At All The Loan Deals

Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:27 pm

out of these three Dobbie, Afobe, Scapuzzi, I think Dobbie and Scapuzzi would have definately been an addition.

But since Dobbie was a Jack that was never really going to happen was it.

Scapuzzi looked good in a few games i've seen him play, can hold the ball up looks better than Gestede.

Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:27 pm

Theres only Stephen dobbie or benik afobe I would have signed,but maybe we did go for them and they didn't want to come.if teams don't want to loan players out there's not much malkay can do.

Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:37 pm

I agree - based of the completed list it would appear that Premier clubs were not prepared to release their better fringe squad players. There's not much there that makes you think that we missed out on anything.

Not too many of our rivals for the play-offs have strengthened but there again you could argue that they already had stronger squads. There does seem little point in just adding numbers to the squad unless they were going to go straight into the first xi because we have seen that Malky is only using the same players.

Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:40 pm

I think Hamill could definitely have done a good job for us.

Piquionne and Dobbie may have been worth a look at as well.

Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:36 pm

No,what really explains the lack of activity in the loan market wkdblue is that Malky just doesn't have the contacts that Dave Jones had

Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:40 pm

Mardon89 wrote:out of these three Dobbie, Afobe, Scapuzzi, I think Dobbie and Scapuzzi would have definately been an addition.

But since Dobbie was a Jack that was never really going to happen was it.

Scapuzzi looked good in a few games i've seen him play, can hold the ball up looks better than Gestede.

I had to laugh at the he looks better than gestede, lets be fair we have all seen better players kicking balls on dog shit ridden pitches on a sunday morning with hangovers than rudy, how he is a pro i never know :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:45 pm

angelis49 wrote:No,what really explains the lack of activity in the loan market wkdblue is that Malky just doesn't have the contacts that Dave Jones had

Interesting comments seeing as Malky had Cleverley at Watford and SAF raved about his treatment and handling. Watford also had a number of other loans last year including Andrew Taylor who now plays for us.

There is no doubting that DJ had contacts but all I can say on that is that they couldn't have liked him much if they thought it was OK to dump Etuhu, JET, JLS, Koumas, Eddie, Keogh and any number of others you could mention :roll: :lol:

Bellamy and Ramsey were an exceptions but they were quite clear that they came because we are Cardiff not because of DJ :ayatollah: