Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Maybe, Just Maybe Malky has used his head!

Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:36 am

Now lets think about this, No1 expected Cardiff to do so well at the start of the season with the squad we had, If we had been mid table all season no one would have been moaning, or actually yea they would but they wouldn't say the boys are bottling it ect. people were saying they would be happy with a mid table finish at the end of this season but the tune soon has changed. Let's think about this, IF we even made playoff's we definately do not have the sqaud to get into the premier league and stay there, the money would be nice but when we are being hammered 5-6-7 nil at home who would everyone turn against my guess is MALKY OUT would be the noise. IF the malaysians are making funds available rougly 5mil in Jan wasn't it with sordell and noone bids then I wonder what will be available in the summer, We have fringe players who are no good and just sucking money out of the club hopefully we can get rid of half these players in the summer and see what talent Malky can bring in. People slagging him off already look what team he has to play with there is no depth at all in the club and no wonder he has to keep the same 11 alot of the time. We can all have opinions but only he can see what happens in training (unless ofcourse you go down and watch them) but come on lets back our players and team be truthful no one expected us to make playoffs this season or go up. Let's see what he does in the summer and if we sign no one / useless players then slate me all you want but I truly belive he can take us up and will do it. He's definately got the right mind buy youngsters with talent who not only will do well for us but will have a good resale value as well! The malaysians are running this as a business not a charity and fairplay to them for doing it, we will only reap the rewards in time to come!

Re: Maybe, Just Maybe Malky has used his head!

Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:42 am

Mardon89 wrote:Now lets think about this, No1 expected Cardiff to do so well at the start of the season with the squad we had, If we had been mid table all season no one would have been moaning, or actually yea they would but they wouldn't say the boys are bottling it ect. people were saying they would be happy with a mid table finish at the end of this season but the tune soon has changed. Let's think about this, IF we even made playoff's we definately do not have the sqaud to get into the premier league and stay there, the money would be nice but when we are being hammered 5-6-7 nil at home who would everyone turn against my guess is MALKY OUT would be the noise. IF the malaysians are making funds available rougly 5mil in Jan wasn't it with sordell and noone bids then I wonder what will be available in the summer, We have fringe players who are no good and just sucking money out of the club hopefully we can get rid of half these players in the summer and see what talent Malky can bring in. People slagging him off already look what team he has to play with there is no depth at all in the club and no wonder he has to keep the same 11 alot of the time. We can all have opinions but only he can see what happens in training (unless ofcourse you go down and watch them) but come on lets back our players and team be truthful no one expected us to make playoffs this season or go up. Let's see what he does in the summer and if we sign no one / useless players then slate me all you want but I truly belive he can take us up and will do it. He's definately got the right mind buy youngsters with talent who not only will do well for us but will have a good resale value as well! The malaysians are running this as a business not a charity and fairplay to them for doing it, we will only reap the rewards in time to come!

A positive sensible poster :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:52 am

jinks-rct wrote:
Mardon89 wrote:Now lets think about this, No1 expected Cardiff to do so well at the start of the season with the squad we had, If we had been mid table all season no one would have been moaning, or actually yea they would but they wouldn't say the boys are bottling it ect. people were saying they would be happy with a mid table finish at the end of this season but the tune soon has changed. Let's think about this, IF we even made playoff's we definately do not have the sqaud to get into the premier league and stay there, the money would be nice but when we are being hammered 5-6-7 nil at home who would everyone turn against my guess is MALKY OUT would be the noise. IF the malaysians are making funds available rougly 5mil in Jan wasn't it with sordell and noone bids then I wonder what will be available in the summer, We have fringe players who are no good and just sucking money out of the club hopefully we can get rid of half these players in the summer and see what talent Malky can bring in. People slagging him off already look what team he has to play with there is no depth at all in the club and no wonder he has to keep the same 11 alot of the time. We can all have opinions but only he can see what happens in training (unless ofcourse you go down and watch them) but come on lets back our players and team be truthful no one expected us to make playoffs this season or go up. Let's see what he does in the summer and if we sign no one / useless players then slate me all you want but I truly belive he can take us up and will do it. He's definately got the right mind buy youngsters with talent who not only will do well for us but will have a good resale value as well! The malaysians are running this as a business not a charity and fairplay to them for doing it, we will only reap the rewards in time to come!

A positive sensible poster :ayatollah:

Thanks mate, I'm sure I'll get your opinion doesn't count you've only posted 8 times ect, unfortunately I work weekend's so miss a lot of the games but I do try and watch or follow as many as I can even if it's just BBC Sport updating. I just hope for the clubs sake people start backing the players, How we expect them to play well when there own supporters are booing them it honestly isn't going to help no one.

Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:59 am

So the fact he hasn't addressed a major major flaw in the squad ALL SEASON doesn't worry you.....This is the probably the slowest side in history and has been since day one. We are woeful up front and again never been addressed.

The only player who can go past anyone is Kev, he then gives it straight back to the opposition.

He has assembled a squad of workers, the only genuine flair player we got is Whitts.

This refusal to mix things up is smacks of Dave Jones and this 4-5-1 at home against crap opposition beggars belief. :o

If he knows what he is doing I am scared shitless to see what happens when he's having a wobble!

Love him to prove me wrong but I just can't see it :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:18 pm

bluebirds80 wrote:

So the fact he hasn't addressed a major major flaw in the squad ALL SEASON doesn't worry you.....This is the probably the slowest side in history and has been since day one. We are woeful up front and again never been addressed.

The only player who can go past anyone is Kev, he then gives it straight back to the opposition.

He has assembled a squad of workers, the only genuine flair player we got is Whitts.

This refusal to mix things up is smacks of Dave Jones and this 4-5-1 at home against crap opposition beggars belief. :o

If he knows what he is doing I am scared shitless to see what happens when he's having a wobble!

I agree totally, He has not addressed issues THIS year, maybe players he wants would have been too expensive in January and he didn't have the backing in the summer who knows, playing 4-5-1 at home is bollux again I agree with this. I belive he know's who he's after in the summer but a lot of that will depend on getting rid of some of the drift wood we got in the team.

Have you seen the film Moneyball? If not watch it, although it is not related to football it is sport related and based on a true story which proves you do not need money to achieve success (although it bloody helps). I think we need to back him see what he does in the summer then we can make a true statement if we think he's a sh!t manager or not. I honestly feel he will suprise a lot of people with buys in the summer, If he has stated he want's to get rid of 9 players that can only mean he has to fill them 9 spots and with some of the players he has brought in , Mason, Harris, Gunnarson all youngsters with talent. Only time will tell but I think we should back him and the players regardless!

Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:08 pm

Mardon89 wrote:
bluebirds80 wrote:

I agree totally, He has not addressed issues THIS year, maybe players he wants would have been too expensive in January and he didn't have the backing in the summer who knows, playing 4-5-1 at home is bollux again I agree with this. I belive he know's who he's after in the summer but a lot of that will depend on getting rid of some of the drift wood we got in the team.

Have you seen the film Moneyball? If not watch it, although it is not related to football it is sport related and based on a true story which proves you do not need money to achieve success (although it bloody helps). I think we need to back him see what he does in the summer then we can make a true statement if we think he's a sh!t manager or not. I honestly feel he will suprise a lot of people with buys in the summer, If he has stated he want's to get rid of 9 players that can only mean he has to fill them 9 spots and with some of the players he has brought in , Mason, Harris, Gunnarson all youngsters with talent. Only time will tell but I think we should back him and the players regardless!

Best thing he can do is stick this 20 page player dossier in the bin and only sign players in the summer who are electric over 10 yards!

Ok I am exaggerating a bit here but 4/5 of these summer signings need to be rapid- that is what breaks down blanket defences.

I can't see them splashing the cash in the summer, if they didn't do it all season what difference will the summer make unless Vinny Tan has found a spare £20 million down the back of his sofa! :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:14 pm

bluebirds80 wrote:
Mardon89 wrote:
bluebirds80 wrote:

Best thing he can do is stick this 20 page player dossier in the bin and only sign players in the summer who are electric over 10 yards!

Ok I am exaggerating a bit here but 4/5 of these summer signings need to be rapid- that is what breaks down blanket defences.

I can't see them splashing the cash in the summer, if they didn't do it all season what difference will the summer make unless Vinny Tan has found a spare £20 million down the back of his sofa! :ayatollah:

Well I don't think that he will be given £20mill to spend but say for instance, We got at least 3 mil for our carling cup run, player sales say for instance we get another 2-3mil from these unless he cash's in on whittingham then we get around 7-8mil. if they give him a budget of around 5-10mil we could be reaching that 20mil mark but I don't think this will be handed out without all the driftwood gone first. I guess they will allow him to reinvest the player sales plus players which are handed a professional contract. I'm sure we'll see a lot more of Harris next season and Ralls. Only time will tell I guess

Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:33 pm

Its all very well Malky using his head Mardon89 but he needs to use the brain thats inside his head,might get better results if he did

Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:55 pm

Mardon89 wrote:
bluebirds80 wrote:
Mardon89 wrote:
bluebirds80 wrote:

Well I don't think that he will be given £20mill to spend but say for instance, We got at least 3 mil for our carling cup run, player sales say for instance we get another 2-3mil from these unless he cash's in on whittingham then we get around 7-8mil. if they give him a budget of around 5-10mil we could be reaching that 20mil mark but I don't think this will be handed out without all the driftwood gone first. I guess they will allow him to reinvest the player sales plus players which are handed a professional contract. I'm sure we'll see a lot more of Harris next season and Ralls. Only time will tell I guess

sorry but those players you mention are 2yrs away from being regular players and what we dont want is more of same yes good for long term but there are no garauntees it will work look at arsenal how long been developing team of youngsters? good team but dont win anything!! can see same with city if not carefull