Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Missing Chris Burke?

Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:18 am

Perhaps its just me but I think we have really missed him (someone similar) this season. Some say he is lightweight but he has pace and he can create and score goals.

This season for Brum: 8 goals in Championship.
13 Assists
Shots on target 35 shots off 31 (highest at Brum). Also hit woodwork.
Regularly voted MOM
City presumably did not want to pay his wages but with that return it could have been a good investment. Thoughts?

Lets hope that he has an off day on Sunday ! :ayatollah:

Re: Missing Chris Burke?

Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:22 am

Without a doubt we miss him and it's madness he was allowed to run down his contract. A lesson we seldom learn from, probably MM's fault :D

Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:32 am

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:Perhaps its just me but I think we have really missed him (someone similar) this season. Some say he is lightweight but he has pace and he can create and score goals.

13 Assists
Regularly voted MOM
City presumably did not want to pay his wages but with that return it could have been a good investment. Thoughts?

If you are going to the game you will see him sunday :lol: :lol:

Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:45 am

Wasn't it mentioned at the start of the season that if he'd have known DJ was going and Malky was coming in he would have stayed?

He wanted to play games (90 mins!) and that's what Birmingham promised him!

Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:49 am

Last year with us he started 31 games and was sub for 13.

This year so far he has made 37 starts for Brum, so he got his wish. Unfortunately they are benefiting from that.

Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:01 am

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:Last year with us he started 31 games and was sub for 13.

This year so far he has made 37 starts for Brum, so he got his wish. Unfortunately they are benefiting from that.

He could of been a big hit for us this season, but DJ strikes again :(

Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:42 pm

He wanted too much to stay.

He seen the likes of Chops on 20k a week and reckoned he deserved the same.

Good player, we are missing his type, but not worth 20k a week sorry.

Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:45 pm

polo wrote:He wanted too much to stay.

No he didnt as we got players on the same sort of money now polo so whats the diffrence then, i would give my right arm for him in are side but then again rite now MM would play him in CENTRAL MIDFIELD knowing him :shock: , chris sat on the bench under dj most games and when he did play from scratch he would get MOM and dj would take him off he was fed up with it. I know for a fact that we stalled on offering him a new deal and by the time are offer come around brum had already agreed a pre contract with him so he went and thats that :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:50 pm

bluebird1977 wrote: chris sat on the bench under dj most games a:

Wrong. He started far more games than he was sub.

Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:57 pm

polo wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote: chris sat on the bench under dj most games a:

Wrong. He started far more games than he was sub.

Well of course he started more games over the time he was here, towards the end of that season he spent most of it on the bench and we didnt offer him a contract untill it was to late thats my point yet we got -players here now who are not supposed to be MM players (yet hes got them here) on the same sort of money he wanted. point is we got 6 of the same players sitting in the middle of the park with no width at all. Even if he was still here MM would play him central midfield look wtf hes done with lawrence for god sake :oops:

Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:41 pm

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:Perhaps its just me but I think we have really missed him (someone similar) this season. Some say he is lightweight but he has pace and he can create and score goals.

13 Assists
Regularly voted MOM

He will slaughter Andrew Taylor on Sunday. Get ready.

Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:47 pm

i thought burke wanted to be closer to his son in scotland? so he went to brum? :roll: :o

Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:23 pm

I must have missed last season because I thought we had Jay, Chops oh and Bellamy up front last season.

He wanted to go for more money, simple.

Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:28 pm

llan bluebird wrote:I must have missed last season because I thought we had Jay, Chops oh and Bellamy up front last season.

He wanted to go for more money, simple.

Yes, but he was an asset, in my opinion and one that we are missing.

Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:46 pm

I agree, He would have been a starter, although his final ball is only marginally better than Kevs.

But, as much as I thought it was time for DJ to go we can't blame him, bloody hell was he going to bench the Welsh captain, an England capped striker or a head shot championship goal machine for Burke.

Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:54 pm

llan bluebird wrote:I agree, He would have been a starter, although his final ball is only marginally better than Kevs.

But, as much as I thought it was time for DJ to go we can't blame him, bloody hell was he going to bench the Welsh captain, an England capped striker or a head shot championship goal machine for Burke.

plus burke went off the boil last season

Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:04 pm

He isn't worth 20k and no doubt at least 3 years and what if the new manager didn't rate him?
Could have been a costly mistake like earnie.

Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:09 pm

llan bluebird wrote:I agree, He would have been a starter, although his final ball is only marginally better than Kevs.

Fair enough. Bad tactics last season, as it turned out - or was it just that the players let us down?

I certainly think that this season's team could accommodate Chris Burke. Never mind, he'll remind us of that tomorrow.

Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:24 pm

Burke's too lightweight imo, we're better off with someone like Conway (think it's crazy he's not getting any games).

Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:27 pm

Robbiwee wrote:Burke's too lightweight imo, we're better off with someone like Conway (think it's crazy he's not getting any games).

We need Conway now. I don't know what's behind his long absence, but we clearly haven't improved without him, so it's time for Malky to give him a run again, I think.

Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:07 pm

What price 8 goals and 13 assists?

Kenny Miller and his 26k a week is certainly nowhere near that.

Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:26 pm

Christ the fewer goals miller scores the more his wages have been going up :lol:

Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:44 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Christ the fewer goals miller scores the more his wages have been going up :lol:

What are his wages? I am just going on info from trusted sources on here.

Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:28 pm

burkes looked a bit tired of late.been a good buy for us though.when i watch you sometimes your too narrow when you attack.burke keeps to the chalk plus he tracks back so yes i think he would have enhanced cc this season

Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:38 pm

maccydee wrote:

What price 8 goals and 13 assists?

Kenny Miller and his 26k a week is certainly nowhere near that.

You can add another assist today :(

Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:37 pm

maccydee wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Christ the fewer goals miller scores the more his wages have been going up :lol:

No idea what so ever, I've read anything from 16k to 26k

Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:54 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
maccydee wrote:

No idea what so ever, I've read anything from 16k to 26k

iv no idea either