Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

DOES ANY1THINK WE SHOULD OF GONE WITH A EXPERIENCED MANAGER?

Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:11 am

transfers have gone against us, his only track record is watford in which they ended the season badly,

this alot of people will disagree with, but if dave jones had 5 million he would spend it well, people would of come,
and he knows people in football as we know alot of the time its who you know and all managers build their own
players and contact port folio which comes with time and experience working with different players gaining themselves respect.

I'm happy for MM to be here, but I think its cost us a few signings how many times do you here plauyers say ''the manager being here was a big factor in me signing''

Re: DOES ANY1THINK WE SHOULD OF GONE WITH A EXPERIENCED MANAGER

Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:16 am

NO

Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:25 am

Last season we were crying out for a young upcoming manager with new ideas.

We had an experianced manager and got rid.

Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:22 am

im happy with malky and his regime although sometimes he is frustration with his transfer policy and subs but it will all come good in the end i think

Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:52 am

experienced as in neil warnock :lol:

Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:50 pm

sloper_road_legend wrote:transfers have gone against us, his only track record is watford in which they ended the season badly,

this alot of people will disagree with, but if dave jones had 5 million he would spend it well, people would of come,
and he knows people in football as we know alot of the time its who you know and all managers build their own
players and contact port folio which comes with time and experience working with different players gaining themselves respect.

I'm happy for MM to be here, but I think its cost us a few signings how many times do you here plauyers say ''the manager being here was a big factor in me signing''

No

Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:47 pm

This year was a massive re-building job (which looks like as cheap as possible) Malky has brought in his own players and played most every game Taylor, Turner, Cowie, Gunnar, Conway, Mason, Miller and we have been very lucky with injuries, suspensions, sending offs etc etc all season which has enabled him to operate with a small squad and as cheap as possible......

Was this his brief for the season when he took over ???

The answer to your question i believe is the coming season when he will be off loading the likes of Gypes, Keinan, Earnie, Quinn, Naylor, Parkin, and the rest who have not got near the 1st team this season and the quality of players he brings in which will make next season Malky's team/squad his own....

So time will tell if this job was too big for an inexperienced manager in Malky ????

I have my doubts like most City fans at the moment especially with the lack of quality he has brought in last season (hard work will only take you so far) :old:

Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:39 pm

No.

We're going through a bad patch agreed, but what club hassn't? It will come to an end. As for DJ he had the cash to spend and 6 years to build his side. And for what narrowly missing promotion and a Cup Final appearance. Malky is on course to do that in his first season. He may even better it, we are in the mix for the play offs - then it is anybodys, as we all know.

Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:43 pm

YES

Providing this experienced manager was given the resources to do the job.

Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:47 pm

I wanted Chris Hughton at the time and was strongly for him, but Gethin Jenkins would not even give him or Di Matteo a second interview. When Malky was given the job, I was surprised but was 100% willing to support him like any manager deserves for his first full season. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:06 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I wanted Chris Hughton at the time and was strongly for him, but Gethin Jenkins would not even give him or Di Matteo a second interview. When Malky was given the job, I was surprised but was 100% willing to support him like any manager deserves for his first full season. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I agree. hopefully he will bring in a few players of his own in the summer :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:24 pm

castle view blu wrote:experienced as in neil warnock :lol:

Who got QPR up - yes

Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:35 pm

yes absolutely wish we did.
hes got no real connections

Re: DOES ANY1THINK WE SHOULD OF GONE WITH A EXPERIENCED MANAGER?

Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:08 pm

Defiantly should have got Wenger

Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:19 pm

Why is this a sticky? :/

Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:00 pm

Experienced or not it doesn't matter, our fans won't be happy until we are up, because we have that Devine right to be a prem club.

I liked DJ but he had flaws like all managers despite his experience.
MM has flaws but he is learning and I like the way he seems to be building from the bottom and buying youth, we seem to have a plan going forward now and the club has playing assets.

Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:56 pm

At the time I wanted Di Matteo, but I'm very much happy for Malky to be here providing he takes note of the obvious problems with his squad at the moment.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:14 am

Forever Blue wrote:I wanted Chris Hughton at the time and was strongly for him, but Gethin Jenkins would not even give him or Di Matteo a second interview. When Malky was given the job, I was surprised but was 100% willing to support him like any manager deserves for his first full season. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I basically felt the same and wanted Hughton at the time, but I'm still behind Malky 100% :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:32 am

I wanted Hughton or Di Matteo but we got Malky and I'm 100% behind him and happy that he is here. He hasn't got many connection but he's young and they will come to him with time. He and the board are clearly building for a bright future with the long term contracts of our own players and with him signing till 2016. The thing is City fans will continue to their toys at their prams until we are up as 2blue said. :ayatollah: