Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Can't believe what we've become!

Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:59 am

I feel our supporters get more and more detached from reality everytime i log in to these messageboards!
Just who do we suggest as a replacement for malky?
I've heard warnock's name mentioned over and over but believe me, if we had conceded 7 at home to a struggling forest side many would be calling for his head already!
Poyet would have been hounded out when they went on a similar run to what we are now in, but now they've turned it around you all love him again!
If big sam had spent the money he had at west ham here, and was 3rd in the league he would have been assassinated!

That leaves us with pepe guardiola, perhaps he would he would be interested! Or i have heard whispers that mourinho is looking for a move back to britain :?

Some of you lot want to listen to yourselves you sound like spoilt children. get a grip and support the man who didn't put a foot wrong til january and was a penalty shoot-out away from giving us european football.

Malky has made some mistakes (in my eyes) recently but whoever thought that such a young manager would be the finished article?
He has showed more than enough promise to show that he will become a top, top manager. When this happens and another club comes knocking, i dont want to hear anyone whinging about his lack of loyalty when he leaves cos some of you dont understand the meaning of the word!

I'm happy that we have a young squad who will improve. I'm happy that we've secured Theo Wharton and Tommy O'Sullivan on long contracts.
I hope malky adds some much needed explosive pace to the squad in the summer, and i also hope he utilises the european market to add some flair at a cut price.

Some of you lot may have thrown your toys out of the pram but i am still 100% behind the man that united us all earlier on in the season :ayatollah:

Re: Can't believe what we've become!

Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:00 am

great post mate keep the faith

Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:09 am

thehumblegringo wrote:I feel our supporters get more and more detached from reality everytime i log in to these messageboards!
I've heard warnock's name mentioned over and over but believe me, if we had conceded 7 at home to a struggling forest side many would be calling for his head already!
Poyet would have been hounded out when they went on a similar run to what we are now in, but now they've turned it around you all love him again!
If big sam had spent the money he had at west ham here, and was 3rd in the league he would have been assassinated!

That leaves us with pepe guardiola, perhaps he would he would be interested! Or i have heard whispers that mourinho is looking for a move back to britain :?

Some of you lot want to listen to yourselves you sound like spoilt children. get a grip and support the man who didn't put a foot wrong til january and was a penalty shoot-out away from giving us european football.

Malky has made some mistakes (in my eyes) recently but whoever thought that such a young manager would be the finished article?
He has showed more than enough promise to show that he will become a top, top manager. When this happens and another club comes knocking, i dont want to hear anyone whinging about his lack of loyalty when he leaves cos some of you dont understand the meaning of the word!

I'm happy that we have a young squad who will improve. I'm happy that we've secured Theo Wharton and Tommy O'Sullivan on long contracts.
I hope malky adds some much needed explosive pace to the squad in the summer, and i also hope he utilises the european market to add some flair at a cut price.

Some of you lot may have thrown your toys out of the pram but i am still 100% behind the man that united us all earlier on in the season :ayatollah:

Bloody Hell,someone talking sense. :o

Got up this morning and stubbed my toe-didn't half hurt.Malky's fault-out now. :evil:

Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:27 am

thehumblegringo wrote:I feel our supporters get more and more detached from reality everytime i log in to these messageboards! Do not log on anymore then thats how it is online
I do not think anyone wants him out yet as thats abit to far atm
I've heard warnock's name mentioned over and over but believe me, if we had conceded 7 at home to a struggling forest side many would be calling for his head already!there will always be other managers names mentioned thats football
Poyet would have been hounded out when they went on a similar run to what we are now in, but now they've turned it around you all love him again!poyets not here, same reason why shearers not here because we have no money for the squad
Again big sam wouldnt manage us due to no funds
That leaves us with pepe guardiola, perhaps he would he would be interested! Or i have heard whispers that mourinho is looking for a move back to britain :? dreaming again i see gringo

Some of you lot want to listen to yourselves you sound like spoilt children. get a grip and support the man who didn't put a foot wrong til january and was a penalty shoot-out away from giving us european football.Are people really still playing the cup final banjo we lost get over it, i doubt anyone would argue if we was 8-0 down by halftime in that game due to there 40+ shots on goal

Malky has made some mistakes (in my eyes) recently but whoever thought that such a young manager would be the finished article?Hes far from the finished article anyone who thinks he is needs there head tested
He has showed more than enough promise to show that he will become a top, top manager. When this happens and another club comes knocking, i dont want to hear anyone whinging about his lack of loyalty when he leaves cos some of you dont understand the meaning of the word!And your the only loyal fan on this board i see gringo :roll:

I'm happy that we have a young squad who will improve. I'm happy that we've secured Theo Wharton and Tommy O'Sullivan on long contracts.You will not be happy next season when we do not see 3rd again and are lingering above the bottom four, fans will be saying if only we had invested while we was 3rd in the league 2point off top last season :cry:
I hope malky adds some much needed explosive pace to the squad in the summer, and i also hope he utilises the european market to add some flair at a cut price.We didnt get the players we needed from two loan windows and two transfer windows whats going to change ???

Some of you lot may have thrown your toys out of the pram but i am still 100% behind the man that united us all earlier on in the season :ayatollah:So am i but hes lost the plot the last 3months stats do not lie, which are made worse when you watch them week in week out]

Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:59 am

bluebird1977 wrote:
thehumblegringo wrote:I feel our supporters get more and more detached from reality everytime i log in to these messageboards! Do not log on anymore then thats how it is online
Believe me, I am seriously considering it!
I do not think anyone wants him out yet as thats abit to far atm
It's more than a bit far
I've heard warnock's name mentioned over and over but believe me, if we had conceded 7 at home to a struggling forest side many would be calling for his head already!there will always be other managers names mentioned thats football
What has that got to do with it? Surely you understand that's not the point I'm making
Poyet would have been hounded out when they went on a similar run to what we are now in, but now they've turned it around you all love him again!poyets not here, same reason why shearers not here because we have no money for the squad
Again, not the point i was making
Again big sam wouldnt manage us due to no funds
Again not the point I was making :?
That leaves us with pepe guardiola, perhaps he would he would be interested! Or i have heard whispers that mourinho is looking for a move back to britain :? dreaming again i see gringo
:? That's all I've got to say about that response
Some of you lot want to listen to yourselves you sound like spoilt children. get a grip and support the man who didn't put a foot wrong til january and was a penalty shoot-out away from giving us european football.Are people really still playing the cup final banjo we lost get over it, i doubt anyone would argue if we was 8-0 down by halftime in that game due to there 40+ shots on goal
In a press conference lately, malky said that the stats prove that players aren't tired cos they are covering the same amount of ground as they were earlier on in the season!
To me this stat doesn't prove anything cos players can cover the same amount of ground but not with the same sharpness or decision making.
similarly, Liverpool may have had 150 shots on goal but how many real chances did they have? You could lose 20-0 and shoot from kick off everytime and the stats will say you had 21 shots at goal!
Malky has made some mistakes (in my eyes) recently but whoever thought that such a young manager would be the finished article?Hes far from the finished article anyone who thinks he is needs there head tested
Agian nobody ever claimed he was
He has showed more than enough promise to show that he will become a top, top manager. When this happens and another club comes knocking, i dont want to hear anyone whinging about his lack of loyalty when he leaves cos some of you dont understand the meaning of the word!And your the only loyal fan on this board i see gringo :roll:
No but i know i am far more loyal than you as i dont hunt for opportunities to slag off my own club
I'm happy that we have a young squad who will improve. I'm happy that we've secured Theo Wharton and Tommy O'Sullivan on long contracts.You will not be happy next season when we do not see 3rd again and are lingering above the bottom four, fans will be saying if only we had invested while we was 3rd in the league 2point off top last season :cry:
We'll see
I hope malky adds some much needed explosive pace to the squad in the summer, and i also hope he utilises the european market to add some flair at a cut price.We didnt get the players we needed from two loan windows and two transfer windows whats going to change ???
The summer market is a buyers market and many good players are out of contract
Some of you lot may have thrown your toys out of the pram but i am still 100% behind the man that united us all earlier on in the season :ayatollah:So am i but hes lost the plot the last 3months stats do not lie, which are made worse when you watch them week in week out]

I watch week in week out yet i have resisted turning on the manager and board and players

Finally you insist on trying to be clever by doing this answering this every point in blue thing, but in truth you never addressed any of my points and in my opinion made yourself look a bit silly

Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:08 am

In 1979 under our then manager Ritchie Morgan Cardiff finished 9th in the old 2nd Division ( now Championship ) and until DJ a few years back that was the highest place they had finished in my time supporting them since 1974 ! After that we were lucky to stay out of the bottom 6 or 7 teams in Div 2 before many ups and down between 3rd and 4th , we are now an established Championship side and I suppose myself like others now expect too much maybe ??

Dreams and rollercoasters of previous years .... need I go on :ayatollah: :old: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:15 am

thehumblegringo wrote:I feel our supporters get more and more detached from reality everytime i log in to these messageboards!

Excellent post.

Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:20 am

Martyn1963 wrote:In 1979 under our then manager Ritchie Morgan Cardiff finished 9th in the old 2nd Division ( now Championship ) and until DJ a few years back that was the highest place they had finished in my time supporting them since 1974 ! After that we were lucky to stay out of the bottom 6 or 7 teams in Div 2 before many ups and down between 3rd and 4th , we are now an established Championship side and I suppose myself like others now expect too much maybe ??

Dreams and rollercoasters of previous years .... need I go on :ayatollah: :old: :ayatollah:

Great post!!! We have come a long way over the last few years!! and Shouldnt pin our hopes too high! As said we are now a established championship club who people expect to challenge for promotion to the top flight. But realisticly (and this is only my opinion) How would we compete in the prem at the moment?? with the money we have and the squad we have?? I personally prefere to stay were we are for a couple more years until we have the squad to compete in the top flight and do the club proud!
Give Malky time to put his stamp on the squad in the summer and then judge him with HIS players/playing methods and HOPEFULLY in a couple of seasons we will be looking back at posts calling for his dissmissle as laughable!!! :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:27 am

Malky has overpaid players sitting in the reserves and on the bench who he needs to get rid of before he can bring quality in ... plus CCFC need to at least get rid of the Langstone debt before any thoughts of moving on , promotion now would be an added and welcome bonus which WOULD pay off all the debts but after a season of speculate to accumulate are the Malaysians now cautious about doing that ?? Interesting times ahead :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah: