Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Malaysians

Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:27 am

With the lack of any player investment do any of you fear that the malaysians are now thinking they've made a mistake in buying into City? I can't help but think that in the summer they'll pull the plug. Their business men and at the moment I wouldn't say city are making them much profit. Surely they're gonna get fed up of paying over a million a month out with no return. The only way to make big money for this club is to get promotion and don't see them pumping money in to achieve this.

Re: Malaysians

Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:33 am

Bluesince92 wrote:With the lack of any player investment do any of you fear that the malaysians are now thinking they've made a mistake in buying into City? I can't help but think that in the summer they'll pull the plug. Their business men and at the moment I wouldn't say city are making them much profit. Surely they're gonna get fed up of paying over a million a month out with no return. The only way to make big money for this club is to get promotion and don't see them pumping money in to achieve this.

I honestly do think they think they made a mistake, they thought when they invested before the Blackpool play-offs they were virtually guaranteed a winner, you then go chasing your money, but on the other hand they have had good value for their money.

Our stadium virtually covered in Malaysia from half the advertising boards to their flags/banners.
Our shirts with anything with Welsh on it taken of and Malaysia on the front.
World wide publicity on TV for Malaysia.
They have made the Malaysian Prime Minister happy with all the Publicity, therefore VT getting everything he wants in 2013 in their country.
Having up to 9 of our staff over in Malaysia, and bringing all good publicity to their Ministers.

Please someone tell me where we gain from our Malaysian publicity in their country ?

Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:34 am

Bluesince92 wrote:With the lack of any player investment do any of you fear that the malaysians are now thinking they've made a mistake in buying into City? I can't help but think that in the summer they'll pull the plug. Their business men and at the moment I wouldn't say city are making them much profit. Surely they're gonna get fed up of paying over a million a month out with no return. The only way to make big money for this club is to get promotion and don't see them pumping money in to achieve this.

not sure they think its a mistake but they did take a huge gamble investing in us before the play off final because if we won they would have instantly gained massive rewards ,now investing a million a month and sometimes even more at this moment they are losing money rather than having gained anything,so if they pull the plug they ll lose there investment

Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:39 am

Exactly what many are thinking Annis. I'd be very very suprised if we ever get a Malaysian player in our first team. Obviously we're benefitting from them as they are keeping us afloat but I do fear that they're starting to think about pulling out. What good business man pays out over a £1 million a month with no big reward at the end? It's not like they got any affiliation with the club. I do worry for our future.

Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:39 am

Forever Blue wrote:

I honestly do think they think they made a mistake, they thought when they invested before the Blackpool play-offs they were virtually guaranteed a winner, you then go chasing your money, but on the other hand they have had good value for their money.

Our stadium virtually covered in Malaysia from half the advertising boards to their flags/banners.
They have made the Malaysian Prime Minister happy with all the Publicity, therefore VT getting everything he wants in 2013 in their country.
Having up to 9 of our staff over in Malaysia, and bringing all good publicity to their Ministers.

Please someone tell me where we gain from our Malaysian publicity in their country ?

city didnt gain but i know vt made a big profit from selling the tv rights in malasian for the carling cup

Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:04 am

I cant work out these kitchen sinks, one of them is giving away half his fortune to charity, while one of his businesses is screaming out for investment..Strange fuckers indeed..

Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:00 am

Forever Blue wrote:

You gain a £1.2m a month subsidy enabling you to still have a club to 'support'.

Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:47 am

f**k off to your own clubs board you jack tw*t. You lot should be banned from this board with your stupid comments and threads.

Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:01 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

I'm sure Vincent tan put his money in after the defeat to blackpool in the first week of June, it was after the court case with the taxman

Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:09 pm

They seen an opportunity to make a quick buck IMO. Cant blame them, they are businessmen,

I do feel however after the PO final defeat they regret getting involved. They seemed interested at the start of 2010/11 season as it was a new business for them but for me that interest has now dissapeared.

If they backed Jones properly in the January window last year instead of trying to get promotion on the cheap I reckon they would now be seeing a return on their investment.

They gambled in May 2010 and the gambled again in Jan 2011. Both gambles didnt pay off.

Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:16 pm

Personally think that there goal now is too get the club closer to break even each season even if we stay in the championship. They won't want to throw money away forever. I think that's why Malky's approach to buying young players and selling at their peak is their way forward. We will become a selling club again but I don't think they'll put up with not being close to the top six so I don't think there is anything for fans to worry about long term. In the short term I think Whitts could exit this summer, he will be 28 in Sept and signed a new contract last summer. We will never get a bigger transfer fee than this summer when he is at his peak. This sort of thing will annoy fans but will mean we have a viable club in the long term without relying on premiership promotion. Promotion would be a bonus that would help pay off the long term debts.

Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:20 pm

They knew exactly what the situation was before they put their money in because they didn't buy their shares until after the play off final, the riddler told hmrc in court that an Asian billionaire was going to invest which stopped the club being wound up, they bought their shares in the June of that year and have since increased their stake in ccfc

Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:29 pm

Bluesince92 wrote:f**k off to your own clubs board you jack tw*t. You lot should be banned from this board with your stupid comments and threads.

Please explain what was stupid about my comment.

Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:31 pm

bspark wrote:Personally think that there goal now is too get the club closer to break even each season even if we stay in the championship. They won't want to throw money away forever. I think that's why Malky's approach to buying young players and selling at their peak is their way forward. We will become a selling club again but I don't think they'll put up with not being close to the top six so I don't think there is anything for fans to worry about long term. In the short term I think Whitts could exit this summer, he will be 28 in Sept and signed a new contract last summer. We will never get a bigger transfer fee than this summer when he is at his peak. This sort of thing will annoy fans but will mean we have a viable club in the long term without relying on premiership promotion. Promotion would be a bonus that would help pay off the long term debts.

Most fans want success and couldn`t give a hoot about the clubs finances..

Look at Man Utd, Chelsea, etc, their hundreds of millions in debt, their fans dont worry about that..

Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:37 pm

NJ73 wrote:
Bluesince92 wrote:f**k off to your own clubs board you jack tw*t. You lot should be banned from this board with your stupid comments and threads.

How would you need anyone to explain? The fact that you have now posted more than 1600 times on this board tells you all you need to know about yourself. Your self awareness threshold is obviously very low..............just like your IQ. You're a bit of a thicko really aren't you?..........why don't we all arrange to meet up one day and have a real man to man chat without you hiding behind your laptop?...........name the time and place and we'll have a good discussion with you to fullfil your obvious obsession with the club from your Capital City? ..be a man (or probably a 10 year old boy looking at your posts) and meet up for a real discussion??..........or are you a mouse?

(we do already have a fairly good idea where you live mind as we have traced your IP address)

Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:48 pm

Blazing Saddles wrote:
NJ73 wrote:

How would you need anyone to explain? The fact that you have now posted more than 1600 times on this board tells you all you need to know about yourself. Your self awareness threshold is obviously very low..............just like your IQ. You're a bit of a thicko really aren't you?..........why don't we all arrange to meet up one day and have a real man to man chat without you hiding behind your laptop?...........name the time and place and we'll have a good discussion with you to fullfil your obvious obsession with the club from your Capital City? ..be a man (or probably a 10 year old boy looking at your posts) and meet up for a real discussion??..........or are you a mouse?

(we do already have a fairly good idea where you live mind as we have traced your IP address)

Little bit gay for me fella. I don't do blind dates with random blokes off the internet, but I hope you can find someone else to fulfill your desires :shock:

My comment still stands by the way. It seems to me some would be happy for the Malyasians to walk away without really considering the consequences. And you don't seem to have a response to it.

Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:13 pm

NJ73 wrote:
Blazing Saddles wrote:
NJ73 wrote:

Little bit gay for me fella. I don't do blind dates with random blokes off the internet, but I hope you can find someone else to fulfill your desires :shock:

My comment still stands by the way. It seems to me some would be happy for the Malyasians to walk away without really considering the consequences. And you don't seem to have a response to it.

Didn't you know we have billionaires queueing around the block to take us over?

Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:26 pm

caerblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

city didnt gain but i know vt made a big profit from selling the tv rights in malasian for the carling cup

They did.

Also the £1.2 mill they put in every month is only borrowed to us and has increased our debts.
Our debts have not gone down in the last 2 years, they've increased drastically.I am not exactly sure but, I think in the last 5 years they've gone from £24 mill to approx £70 mill.

Some times I think maybe Admin would of the best for us ? ?

Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:06 pm

i think you are being a bit ingenuous towards them! everyone knows you dont make money investing in footy team! they are not stupid!! but yes they getting massive input from us over there and perhaps thats why they are keen on us, and we could be worth there while in publicity value! like playing fields ect ect which seem the way vt is going to make money! now having said that my worry is what happens when he makes his millions thru using us in malasia? discard us as we are of no further use to him? just a thought!! :roll:

Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:12 pm

I don't understand, they pay for advertising so can do what they want. What do we gain from having camilleri roofing on the boards?

I'm pretty certain TG said they could have pulled out after the Blackpool game but didn't.

Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:13 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

we gain surely by having them support club yes might be in way of loan at moment. but where would we be without them that is question? and really dont think anyone knows what will happen, they are not stupid there is something in it for them only time will tell what! until then lets not worry about it as cant do anything anyway! other clubs have bigger debts so not alone :ayatollah: