Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Fans choice "

Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:27 am

The current climate and atmosphere surrounding the club has within a month dropped like a falling stone from one of ecstacy to one of despair. That considered, we're now presented with numerous choices as fans when approaching the 'business end' and conclusion to this season and Malky's first in charge.

We could continue the 'can hear a pin drop' atmosphere at CCS and sit/stand back awaiting the team to offer a snippet of encouragement or excitement.

We could follow a small minority & initiate a brutal onslaught within the stadium on match day against some of our players and Malky attacking their form; tactics and team selection with a tirade of boos and abuse.

We could keep the negativity to the messageboards and conversations outside the ground, leaving nothing but support within CCS for the boys.

We could continue to adopt a positive 'glass is half full' outlook on matters and sing/chant throughout 90mins +
irrelevant of whats happening before our eyes within the game.

Truth is, there will elements of all the above between now and the end of the season. Our fan base, maybe even more so than others is hugely diverse offering a wide variation of support from different back grounds who approach each match day with a different perspective - this is what makes us great imo. What we can do however is consider the bare facts that are in front of us in order to make our own minds up:

- Malky in his first season came within a couple of spot kicks of winnings our first major trophy in 85 years, and would've beat one of the worlds greatest clubs in the process
- We are 1 point of the play offs with a month of the season to go
- Malky is his own man. Yes this has proven to have, imo, a negative impact on our promotion push in last couple of weeks, however as a manager of our club he needs to have that strength of character to trust his instincts and his players and not get swayed or influenced by fans or the media. This doesn't dillute Malky's strategys and gives us the best chance under his control of acheiving promotion.
- Management and players care. The manner in which Malky has united the club with the fans brings back memories of previous managers that we idolised e.g Eddie May etc. Also the effort that the players show on match day and their appreciation of our support post match etc is another positive point and one that Malky has instilled within his squad. I feel they genuinely value the jersey.

From my personal perspective there's more than enough there for us to show nothing but 100% support for the boys between now and the end of the season, leaving all the 'pure' unbalanced negativity for the summer - if indeed we have something to be negative about over the summer!

Let's face it, we're all part of a generation of City fans that are not accustomed to success. The motive for most of us supporting the City is to get behind our local club and enjoy football with our mates. Yes certain results/decisions will frustrate us when we can almost smell promotion, however the results alone should'nt dictate our approach to support in it's entirety.

I know for a fact all the boys going to Brum on Sunday will offer nothing but huge support for the lads such is our fantastic away travellers, however we now have a month to try and put aside some of the aspects that have caused us all ample frustration of late and create a unity and atmosphere surrounding the club that will provide the players/management the best possible opportunity to acheive the dream for the club we adore.

Remember what our primary role as supporters is - support. Yes we will all have a moan from time to time etc but there is no excuse whatsoever now to get CCS rocking between now and the end of the season - BLUE ARMY :ayatollah:

Re: " Fans choice "

Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:35 am

Spot on, well said. :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:41 am

I will always have a moan when things are not right, but will never stop attending if we are on a bad run or get relegated etc, if your a supporter you turn up, whether its sunshine or storms at our club. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:18 am

I've created a few negative threads myself recently but I think we still have a massive opportunity at the moment and we can't lose sight of that.

Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:20 am

Good post mate

Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:29 am

Forever Blue wrote:I will always have a moan when things are not right, but will never stop attending if we are on a bad run or get relegated etc, if your a supporter you turn up, whether its sunshine or storms at our club. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Spot on Annis :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:43 am

I have never, nor even thought about booing the team, I'd rather focus on the positives from this season rather than the negative. Our style of play was great at the start of the season and i honestly believe that with a good recruitment drive this summer we can play the same style of football right through next season. Let's face the hard facts that this team IS!! having to be rebuilt, and it's going to take time. In my opinion MM hasn't brought in any players during the loan windows because there are genuinely no players that could make an impact in the short term, he is thinking long term and i would bet any money that he already has his summer transfer activities planned already.

It seems that MM has had to change the style of football because the players are just knackered, our midfield looks a yard or 2 off the pace and KM just hasn't delivered up front this season and the reason that i believe MM doesnt rotate the squad is simply because he believes the bench are not good enough to come in and do a job for 90 mins.

I would be quite disappointed if i were MM, he came in..had to build a team from scratch and lets be honest, he's been trying to flog DJ'S deadwood since he got here, Naylor, Gyepes, etc that were never going to be good enough to get into his team due to the style of play he wanted. He took us to the Carling Cup Final and we lost the lottery. In the league, we have just run out of steam due to the players giving it their all for the team !!, unfortunate but that's the way it's gone.

When it comes down to it though, i know i'd rather be supporting a team that's rebuilding who are just sniffing around the play-offs than a team that's rebuilding sitting just outside the relegation places!!

Well done Malky, your first season of stability has been achieved..now push us on next season !!!

I for one, cant fecking wait !!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:51 am

Forever Blue wrote:I will always have a moan when things are not right, but will never stop attending if we are on a bad run or get relegated etc, if your a supporter you turn up, whether its sunshine or storms at our club. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Same for me too and over the years as the team fell lower in the leagues , the crowds get smaller and the boos louder I have always come back the next game and renewed my ST every year , mid 90's were were even contemplating a possibility of relegation into Coonnference !!! But we would have still gone to watch :ayatollah: :old: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:09 am

excellent post...
these are the good times,we needs the downs to appreciate the ups...
Loving this season, looking forward to the next..
i'll be there :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:31 pm

Well Done JonScam, you're posts are always well balanced and I think you are spot on

The 'moaners' moaned last year there was no relationship between the fans and the Club,
now we have this (in abundance) it's our Duty to play our part

I see the Promotion push just as much our job as the Players/Manager

100% behind our Soldiers

Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:59 pm

emotional :D

Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:51 pm

JonScam wrote:The current climate and atmosphere surrounding the club has within a month dropped like a falling stone from one of ecstacy to one of despair. That considered, we're now presented with numerous choices as fans when approaching the 'business end' and conclusion to this season and Malky's first in charge.

We could continue the 'can hear a pin drop' atmosphere at CCS and sit/stand back awaiting the team to offer a snippet of encouragement or excitement.

We could follow a small minority & initiate a brutal onslaught within the stadium on match day against some of our players and Malky attacking their form; tactics and team selection with a tirade of boos and abuse.

We could keep the negativity to the messageboards and conversations outside the ground, leaving nothing but support within CCS for the boys.

We could continue to adopt a positive 'glass is half full' outlook on matters and sing/chant throughout 90mins +
irrelevant of whats happening before our eyes within the game.

Truth is, there will elements of all the above between now and the end of the season. Our fan base, maybe even more so than others is hugely diverse offering a wide variation of support from different back grounds who approach each match day with a different perspective - this is what makes us great imo. What we can do however is consider the bare facts that are in front of us in order to make our own minds up:

- Malky in his first season came within a couple of spot kicks of winnings our first major trophy in 85 years, and would've beat one of the worlds greatest clubs in the process
- We are 1 point of the play offs with a month of the season to go
- Malky is his own man. Yes this has proven to have, imo, a negative impact on our promotion push in last couple of weeks, however as a manager of our club he needs to have that strength of character to trust his instincts and his players and not get swayed or influenced by fans or the media. This doesn't dillute Malky's strategys and gives us the best chance under his control of acheiving promotion.
- Management and players care. The manner in which Malky has united the club with the fans brings back memories of previous managers that we idolised e.g Eddie May etc. Also the effort that the players show on match day and their appreciation of our support post match etc is another positive point and one that Malky has instilled within his squad. I feel they genuinely value the jersey.

From my personal perspective there's more than enough there for us to show nothing but 100% support for the boys between now and the end of the season, leaving all the 'pure' unbalanced negativity for the summer - if indeed we have something to be negative about over the summer!

Let's face it, we're all part of a generation of City fans that are not accustomed to success. The motive for most of us supporting the City is to get behind our local club and enjoy football with our mates. Yes certain results/decisions will frustrate us when we can almost smell promotion, however the results alone should'nt dictate our approach to support in it's entirety.

I know for a fact all the boys going to Brum on Sunday will offer nothing but huge support for the lads such is our fantastic away travellers, however we now have a month to try and put aside some of the aspects that have caused us all ample frustration of late and create a unity and atmosphere surrounding the club that will provide the players/management the best possible opportunity to acheive the dream for the club we adore.

Remember what our primary role as supporters is - support. Yes we will all have a moan from time to time etc but there is no excuse whatsoever now to get CCS rocking between now and the end of the season - BLUE ARMY :ayatollah:

Nice one mate was thinking the same, Malky needs us now more than ever, so lets help him out, we are in this together and we can still do this !!!!

Come on Bluebirds lets show him hiow the twelth man can help him out
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:28 pm

You talk of a 100% support for Malky,a statement i very much doubt,but lets say your right,how much of that 100% support will last into next season when the great one keeps on making the same errors of judgment and possibly fighting to stay in the championship........i predict more rats will leave the sinking ship and those groupies will start posting Malky out and they will get short shrift from those like me who have never rated malky

Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:06 pm

excellent post!!

Well said! :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:48 pm

Good post Jon :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:53 pm

Well said.

Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:39 pm

Few more reasons offered up today to continue to provide the boys our unconditional support.

We'll get a win tomorrow and it will literally ignite the run in, i honestly believe there's a proper run left in our team

Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:04 pm

Personally i'm a bit dissapointed with the playing style this season, total lack of width & the constant hoofball for me has not been that good to the eye.Like most on here i'll continue to turn up whoever is in charge, whether it's Malky or even someone as bad as Durban & promotion for me is not the be all , end all.Annis put up some compilation footage the other day of great goals of years gone by & it made me realise that even in the dungeon we had some great moments.Sounds crazy but i used to enjoy some of the football back then a lot more than i do at present.