Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I think the lack of Transfer Activity shows the

Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:17 am

The Club have given up

This must even get through the the players because the last few games they have been playing in holiday mode

Re: I think the lack of Transfer Activity shows the

Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:27 am

Mr Moo Cow wrote:The Club have given up

This must even get through the the players because the last few games they have been playing in holiday mode

few games more like 12 games :(

Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:43 am

It shows the malaysians or malky or both havent got a clue.

Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:10 am

I don't know what to make of it. It's difficult to see how we can be aiming to go up without strengthening the squad. I don't buy into the conspiracy theories out there (e.g. we would have to pay PMG, Langbastards etc)

Surely it must be because we don't have the cash?

Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:11 am

I think they are quite prepared to reap the cash but don't want to reinvest for whatever reason

BUT this will come back & bite them on the arse

Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:22 am

When you look at it that way, how can they expect the supporters to be positive and renew season tickets ? ?

Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:31 am

There are some good points made here.....I think I went into holiday mode after the West Ham Game, my instinct told me that, that's it for this season......and I'm O-Kay with this season, I will take on board what Malky said in Hammersmith Q&A, about he prefers to Buy in the Summer window.....so if we are in this position next season....well that will be a whole different Ball Game, whereby I would probably like the match ball to be his Head.

Have a nice Summer fellow Bluebirds.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:45 am

Forever Blue wrote:

When you look at it that way, how can they expect the supporters to be positive and renew season tickets ? ?

People will not renew season tickets if this form carries on. At the height of our season, Carlin cup final, the club could not get more than 50% to renew so what chance have they got of getting the other 50% with what the team is producing?

As I have been saying if things dont improve there could be some changes going on that basically means we are having to start all over again. The thing is do we have the people on board who know how to start again?

Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:01 am

There doesnt seem to a lot of football club owning experience on the board ..... for all of their bad points at least Sam and the Riddler did have a good footballing knowledge with plenty of contacts !

Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:06 am

To be fair there were no big moves, none of the prem clubs seemed to want to loan players. Biggest move yesterday was Nile Ranger from Newcastle to Sheff Wed who hasn't played for them all season, just a couple games on loan at Barnsley not that that bothers DJ!

Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:15 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Hopefully performances will improve. I had the same concerns re season tickets and you can compare going to watch Cardiff with a restaurant. If you go to a restaurant and pay good money to be served a lot of rubbish, will you go back? 'Fans' have seen our performances over recent months and are now starting to stay away. I think that if it wasn't for the extra Wembely ticket promotion then our season ticket sales so far would have been a lot less than the 8-9K so far.

Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:18 am

neeball wrote:To be fair there were no big moves, none of the prem clubs seemed to want to loan players. Biggest move yesterday was Nile Ranger from Newcastle to Sheff Wed who hasn't played for them all season, just a couple games on loan at Barnsley not that that bothers DJ!

Funny we couldnt get nile ranger here when dj wanted him here onloan as we couldnt make a deal, yet there in a dire mess money wise and can get players like him :shock:

Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:23 am

One reason - Milan Mandarić has no problem signing players

Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:27 am

bluebird1977 wrote:
neeball wrote:To be fair there were no big moves, none of the prem clubs seemed to want to loan players. Biggest move yesterday was Nile Ranger from Newcastle to Sheff Wed who hasn't played for them all season, just a couple games on loan at Barnsley not that that bothers DJ!

Funny we couldnt get nile ranger here when dj wanted him here onloan as we couldnt make a deal, yet there in a dire mess money wise and can get players like him :shock:

Nile Ranger :lol:

I also think the lack of signings show that there was simply not the players available that would enhance our squad.

Can't understand the clamouring of signings just for the sake of it.

Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:52 am

Martyn1963 wrote:There doesnt seem to a lot of football club owning experience on the board ..... for all of their bad points at least Sam and the Riddler did have a good footballing knowledge with plenty of contacts !

Great footballing knowledge :shock: sam did not have a clue how to run it properly and neither did ridsdale..

Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:55 am

jinks-rct wrote:
Martyn1963 wrote:There doesnt seem to a lot of football club owning experience on the board ..... for all of their bad points at least Sam and the Riddler did have a good footballing knowledge with plenty of contacts !

Great footballing knowledge :shock: sam did not have a clue how to run it properly and neither did ridsdale..

Course they did and I said football NOT finances .... I agree as far as the money went they were both crazy with cash !!!!!!

Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:14 am

Martyn1963 wrote:
jinks-rct wrote:

Course they did and I said football NOT finances .... I agree as far as the money went they were both crazy with cash !!!!!!

Thats why im glad we are not spending silly