Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Keinan joins Bristol City on loan...

Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:34 am

and still no one in!!

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/page/New ... 34,00.html

Re: Keinan joins Bristol City on loan...

Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:38 am

cmorris1927 wrote:and still no one in!!

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/page/New ... 34,00.html

bring him back i say, hes just as good as our 2 other currently leaky centre halfs

played in a top 4 championship side with us last year, he clearly isnt that bad

Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:51 am

He is at least 5th choice, whatever your opinion of him he was never going to play so pointless keeping him.

Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:03 am

Having formed a cracking partnership with McNaughton at the end of last season, he cost us big time in the second leg against Reading!

He hasn't had too many opportunities this season, but in his limited chances, he's failed to shine!

I watched the small highlights of our recent development squad friendly yesterday, where he partnered Gerrard!

As I said they were only limited highlights, but he gave the ball away cheaply and seemed to leave the forward he was supposed to be marking, which cost us the second goal, in a 2-1 loss!

I wish him all the best, as he's clearly a very likeable bloke, but we need to move on now and I'll be shocked if Malky doesn't bring in another top quality centre back in the Summer!

Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:07 am

Overthemoon wrote:Having formed a cracking partnership with McNaughton at the end of last season, he cost us big time in the second leg against Reading!

He hasn't had too many opportunities this season, but in his limited chances, he's failed to shine!

I watched the small highlights of our recent development squad friendly yesterday, where he partnered Gerrard!

As I said they were only limited highlights, but he gave the ball away cheaply and seemed to leave the forward he was supposed to be marking, which cost us the second goal, in a 2-1 loss!

I wish him all the best, as he's clearly a very likeable bloke, but we need to move on now and I'll be shocked if Malky doesn't bring in another top quality centre back in the Summer!

I didn't go but read both him and Keinan were poor, it's an area that we must and MM will address durin the summer

Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:25 am

2blue2handle wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:Having formed a cracking partnership with McNaughton at the end of last season, he cost us big time in the second leg against Reading!

I didn't go but read both him and Keinan were poor, it's an area that we must and MM will address durin the summer

At the beginning of this season, I thought Gerrard would come back in and be one of our first choice centre backs and whilst I felt he was unlucky to get dropped for Turner, as I felt he was playing slightly better than Hudson, he's not done too well when he stepped back in when Hudson was injured!

I've never had any confidence in Hudson either though, was shocked that Malky gave him another contract and he seldom fails to disappoint me!

I went to Watford on Boxing Say and he was abysmal, I went to Brighton a couple of weeks ago and he was also poor, he headed a ball straight to Pearson who was standing on the edge of the penalty area at Bristol City, who should have scored and he kicked his clearance straight to the edge of the box, which led to Coventry's first equaliser last night!

Wtf he was doing diving in deep into their half in the second half last night and committing himself and he did similar at least twice in the second half against Burnley, only this time these commitments were just outside our penalty area!

Whilst everybody has been calling for new attacking recruits, I believe that it's our defending that will cost us this season and not our lack of goals scored!

Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:30 am

I'm glad you realised I meant Keinan and Gerrard :lol:

I think next season we will have a partnership of turner and a new signing with Hudson as back up.

I do disagree though I think Hudson has had a good season.

Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:39 am

2blue2handle wrote:I'm glad you realised I meant Keinan and Gerrard :lol:

I think next season we will have a partnership of turner and a new signing with Hudson as back up.

I do disagree though I think Hudson has had a good season.

The problem with me is, I'm a bit like Alan Hansen. As I was a defender myself, I'm better at analysing the defence as opposed to the forwards! :)

I certainly think Hudson had had a better season than his previous two with us, but he's still not good enough IMO!

As I've said once or twice :) , the best runs we went on during the two previous seasons, was when he was out injured!

The first season when Gerrard & Darcy played together and last season, when Keinan & McNaughton played together!

Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:29 am

Think these stats may bear out my bigger concern about our defensive frailties, as opposed to our offensive frailties Luke:-)

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -30604331/

Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:25 am

After the way he's been treated I wouldn't blame him for not giving a f**k about the club anymore. A recent development squad!!! FFS he's an International!!!!! :evil:

Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:51 am

I have a feeling that the rest of the season is going to be about repairing players after the amount of games we've played already. When you consider, we've already played the equivalent to a full season and more and it's only March!!!

I really do expect us to spend a decent sum of money in the summer, Malky will probably go back in for the Likes of Noone again and I wouldn't be surprised if he tries to get Vukic on a full season loan.

Let's just enjoy the rest of this season and see where we end up

Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:55 am

he hasnt been given a chance this season along with a few other players,i thought there would be a few more going out on loan with one or to comeing in

Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:35 pm

Angry Man wrote:

After the way he's been treated I wouldn't blame him for not giving a f**k about the club anymore. A recent development squad!!! FFS he's an International!!!!! :evil:

So is Miguel Comminges! :lol: