Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

are we starting to play like the past 4 seasons ?

Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:08 am

We've at first seen players come in, new faces, new mentality more work rate.

but as always we dipped our performances and morale into the latter season , one thing I have to ask is are the fans to blame? is our negativity to blame? when we dont win our fans are some of the worst for sulking and moaning, complaining in the football league.

we have new players, but we still have, stephen mcphail, peter whittingham, Hudson, macnaughton, marshall, from the dave jones Era,
and one thing I notice those players have gone back to playing the same tactic as we have the last 2 or three seasons because they are set in their ways and style of play. i fear this could be a barrier in moving the club forward, some perhaps mentally effected others just not smart enough or creative to our rivals players,

mcphail usually threads his passing does usually pick players out but never enough too cause huge problems for opposition, or he likes crossing deep far post from 40 yards out needing someone to bring the ball back down and do something with it whilest under challange.
macnaughton runs the flanks cuts back inside to corner of box nearly every time usually to be hit into the box and wasted by gestede, or overlooked miller, also distribution can be poor (i do love him though)
whittingham, plays the same from his weak foot but he'l always take a crack from the corner of the 18 yard which is effective, and gets us goals

when we' were on the break begining of season we looked clinical every time, we've gone back to slowing up in the last 3rd stalling hoofing the ball hoping someone creates something out of the ordinary which rarely happens and playing shit passes to marked men.
why is this?
have the players bottled it? are they too tired to play this dynamic style that was working so well??, yes we are still slightly more creative with the influence of cowie, gunnarson,kiss on a good day we are top class.

We have gestede who on wednesday looked well of the pace he wasn't sharp was heavy legged and sloppy, theirs not exactly a potential special talent emerging , you basically get what you pay for,

we have joe ralls who could definately adapt as a striker or a second striker, and i know for a fact he would be as good as mason or better behind miller, you can tell by the way he is on the ball, we have kadeem harris (fastest player we have),
earnshaw who has fantistic experience he is crisp on the ball and I have faith in him as an adaptable player who could be used more creatively in SS or even leading the line when miller is out.

but NO! we stick with Rudy bloody gestede even though he's injury prone never fully fit or just unfit in genural, he's a championship verson of leo fortune-west, will never produce a goal scoring record better than leo did in division 3,

so is there anything perhaps we should be taking on board? let alone the failed tranfers and loans it seems we have a very stubborn approach to changing the squad, in desperate need of change or adversing complacency.